winning eleven 8 vs fifa 2005

Discussion in 'Games' started by elcombo, Apr 6, 2005.

1. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    wich one is better
    what do u like about them what dont u like

2. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you should put a poll on this one

3. Brainodo

Brainodo New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Hoboken
    Winning Eleven 8. It's been discussed ad nauseum. Fifa hasn't been anything more than passable since RtWC 98.
    Some tinkering or investing in a maxdrive/xport gets you all the correct names and teams. True, Fifa has more of them, but so does World Tour Soccer.

Gameplay is the difference and Winning Eleven wins that battle every time.

4. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    fifa 05 by far because it has online play which is the only thing i do..but the game play is sh!t

5. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    winning eleven has online play. (the pc and xbox versions anyway)

6. TC4life

TC4life Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Minneapolis
    i havent played fifa 05 but i noticed a lot of problems in winning eleven. the goalies seem to let slow balls just roll in alot and they just watch, when you do a threw ball the defenders seem to get out the was, and you can get ran over a lot and its now a foul.

7. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    play fifa and then go back and see if you are still bothered by the "problems" in WE

8. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    i have played all editions of fifa since fifa 98, and all winning eleven since WE3 on the psone. there is no comparison in gameplay, WE has been much better all this while, in fact i've seen more and more elements of WE being stolen by EA in their games. just go back to fifa 98 and you will see how the new 2005 edition has elements of WE in it. WE used to lose out in graphics, but now the ps2 editions are catching up very fast. the only thing fifa has are full licences, but if you want a serious football experience, that doesnt even matter. of course, if you want a multiplayer WE, theres always PES for the pc, i guess...

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    WE9 will have online gameplay for the PS2... ;)

Ouch yet another blow to any last hopes that Fifa may have at holding on to anything plausible in the game anymore.

Its an annoying bug, but it doesn't distract from the overall gameplay. Compared to Fifa, the problems here are microscopic.

I agree, that EA have nicked elements of FIfa, which leads me to the assumption that they haven't any good dieas, so they steal off the 'better' alternative - thus meaning they know they are making a second-rate game.

If I was honest, I now prefer the graphics on WE8 than I do on Fifa. I think the players faces look much more realistic.

The licenses don't matter, but the patching community for the PC is huge and La Liga and Serie A are fully licensed any way.

The best part of PES / WE is the little touches that make the game complete. Players arguing when they don't get a FK when fouled, players touching their arm, when there is a hand-ball shout, celebrating an 'offside' goal, balls taking deflections of players, outrageous goals that highlight teamplay, midfielders and even *hark* defenders scoring from open play, new FK methods.

Oh yet better believe that PES is the real football sim. Fifa is more like the way they want football to be, not how we see it.

10. junkie_xl

junkie_xl New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    nyny
    there was already a poll on this awhile ago. dont remember which one won, but it really doesnt matter--w11/pes is so far ahead of fifa in terms of gameplay and
    most importantly realistic physics its not even a contest.

put it this way...

fifa is made for graphics hores who dont know/care about how footie is played in reality.

w11/pes is for true fans who will not sacrifice realism for looks.

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love Winning Eleven and think it's a million times better than FIFA, but the one thing I hate about Winning Eleven are the free kicks. I think the guage method on FIFA was much easier to score on a free kick. In Winning Eleven you have to curl with the joystick, then adjust the height with the black and white buttons, it's just a pain in the ass. I would rather have the guage method in WE. But overall, Winning Eleven is amazing. FIFA is just so horrible...The only thing they did good was include Second Division sides. But Winning Eleven should look into that...

12. twistedFirestarter

twistedFirestarter New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Fla
    I posted this in the WTS thread as well but it also applies here....

I have not seen how good or bad Fifa 2005 is this, but in all honesty I rented WE8 and didn't like it much either.

I feel the Winning Eleven Franchise actually took a step down this year in terms of accurately portraying the skill differences of the teams on the pitch. I was wondering why when using USA, Germany didn't seem to be anymore difficult to beat than Costa Rica.

Then I did a little research and determined there IS NO large skill difference between any of the teams in the actual gameplay. Don't believe me? Watch a cpu match between Brazil and a bad team on the hardest difficulty setting.....it is almost always a close game and the possession is 50/50.

To me, a game where all the teams have essentially the same skill level isn't fun. The team ratings say one thing, the play on the pitch says something else - namely that all the teams on the pitch play with close to identical skill.

13. junkie_xl

junkie_xl New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    nyny

you should look into the user-made patches available for download.

soccergaming.com has tons of them, the most popular being "wolfevolution"
    patches which has all the correct team/names/ and very accurate player ratings converted from the championship manager/football manager series.

playing with this patch there is a noticible difference between big and small teams, and when you buy a better player you can really see the improvments to your team.

the point is that w11 has a realistic physics engine in place, and the player ratings are easily tweakable. with fifa, no amount of tweaking can make that
    sloppy phycis engine act realistic.

14. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    yeah but you can only use those on a computer and not on a ps2 or an x-box

15. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I understand, but I'm something of a hardcore WE8 player, so I take the free-kick system with a pinch of salt, because I've to a certain extent mastered it. You've really got to practice. The guage method in Fifa is a joke as it rewards luck rather than skill.

To pull off a good FK in WE8, you've got to learn how to do it properly, when to add curl etc, and how to set the power just right - this comes with just sheer practice. For me, I would imagine its hard for a newb to pull off but its second nature for a old-timer like me.

That's whats so good about he game, in that it rewards skill and not luck - you have earned the right to score grat goals.

When you do score one though, jesus. You just want to watch the replay over and over again. And you think, I did that - I scored it, not the computer.

I scored one a few days ago, with El-Hadji Diouf.

16. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    WE8 sucks if you ask me

fifa 05 is good

17. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    any reasons to why it sucks?

and any reasons as to why fifa is good?

18. twistedFirestarter

twistedFirestarter New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Fla
    Yes, for the reasons I mentioned in this thread.

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    why cant thye make a realistic gameplay with alot of competive matches and we are where 2005 and still cant make a greta classic video game leave it to ubisoft to make it they dont well with the splinter cell franichse. and if you ask me fifa 2005 is more entertaining to play and winning eleven is only good for one thing there replay downloads and the practice mode is awesome.
    some players that ive been playing with and are winning alot of games for my team is mirslav klose and ballack - cannavaro- nesta- cronaldo-reyes and duff.

20. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Please stop playing video games. Learn how to construct a sentence instead.

21. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
  22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Is these sad few that allow Fifa the money to still buy the licenses for a sh**t game.

People who think WE8 is rubbish, are the very same people who get bored and frustrated when they realise that the microwave is broke and they will have to prepare and make a dinner.

Effort........ :rolleyes:

They reek of lack of effort. ffs, play it for a month, nothing else - if you still believe that Fifa is superior in gameplay then please take the copy of Winning Eleven give it to an honest football and gaming fan and destroy your games console or PC.

Trust me, save us all the trouble.

Winning Eleven sh***ts all over Fifa. If you care to eleborate on where it is better, then i will happily go in depth with you and explain.

For me, the number of teams - that's it, that's how it beats Fifa. Big wow. I don't buy a ticket for a movie that lasts six hours, I do it when I know I'm getting quality for my money - not quantity.

Oh hang on, I just have to alter my formation to my exact specifications, whilst fine-tuning my attack with player runs, on WE. And then maybe, I'll try the counter when I do score.

Oh, and you? Yep, thought so. No tactical immersion in Fifa at all - the game's a joke, produced for people who can't be arsed learning to deal with a new game and the total aspects of football. Its a generic product to a wideworld commercial audience of varying degrees of gaming experiences (i.e - read - in for the amount dollars and not for the quality of the final product)

Fifa is a just a money making machine that doesn't give a fvck about its consumer. Pro Evo gives football fans a real experience. Nearly everyone would agree.

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I scored two beauties with Totti against Man. City and I couldn't stop watching the replays...

24. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA

what a load of crap

25. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    WE is the superior game. Proven across the globe.