Wilmington @ Charleston 7/14 [R]

Discussion in 'Wilmington Hammerheads' started by mbsc, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wilmington's first regular season game at Blackbaud and a Southern Derby Cup game to boot. I'm uncertain how many PCF members are coming--this being a weekday game has really thrown a spanner in the works--but I expect a fair contingent.

Weather-- calling for 60% chance of Thunderstorms.

2. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck in Chucktown! A win takes the Hammerheads to third in the division (or tied for second with Richmond). :)

3. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May be a tough one. Chris Banks (who has been on fire) will probably be sitting out a red card from the ..ahhh..."aggressive officiating" in Antigua and I just received word that Jyler Noviello may be out with an ACL problem. I'm uncertain as to other injuries but there were two players taken off on stretchers Saturday night. (at least one of them returned.)

I was going to comment on the fact that this is the third game in six days, but the Battery have had a full schedule over the past couple of weeks also.

Here's a Noviello highlight from 2008...

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of4Hn8UasWQ&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Impossible Goal by Jyler Noviello‬‏[/ame]

4. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, what a heartbreaker. After the Hammerheads spent a lackluster half of longballing and 3/4 speed, to be up 1 - 0 in the 76th minute is probably the best you could hope for on the road. In the end, the Charleston pressure just seemed to wear them out (Don't get me started on the second goal.) So, a game we could have stolen gets us no points and probably cancels our chance at the Southern Derby...

About the red card at the end of the game-- I was told that Gareth Evans got a yellow, THEN a straight red, not a second yellow. The league is supposed to review this Monday.