Will Universidad Stay On Top?...Game 10: Universidad/necaxa...all About It

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Sep 22, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...will pumas confirm its defense is a consistent and solid one?...will it be another "pachucazo"?...will torre de jalisco annoy us to death once more?...will our offense respond?...can the ex-pumas give us a lil hand on this one?...can the fans enjoy once again?...

...stay tunned...

Sun Sep 24 10:00AM Pacific
    Sun Sep 24 11:00AM Mountain
    Sun Sep 24 12:00PM Central
    Sun Sep 24 01:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    Univision
    Futbol de Mexico
    Pumas vs Necaxa

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I will be honest, I am really confident about this one... I see it as I saw Monterrey, anything other than a win is points dropped.

I would like to see 4-4-2 (diamond), and this is who I would like:-
    Bernal

Velarde
    Moreno
    Veron
    Castro

Morales
    Sancho
    Leandro
    Parejita

Gonzalez
    Scocco

but I doubt I'll get it.....

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...necaxa tends to play well against pumas...we should be careful...i am not very sure about this one...i think necaxa may play conservative and wait for a counter, they seem to have forgotten about it for a lil bit but they do it very well if they decide to attack us...:confused:

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Necaxa takes the lead, 1-0. Porous Puma defense.

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Scocco ties it with a header! 1-1.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  7. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Game 10: Universidad/Necaxa

Is it just me or has Scocco made himself feel at home with the fans?

I like the guy, much like I embraced Dario Veron.

Parejita is still my favorite player behind Cuauh.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm sick of not being able to beat Necaxa.

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...our defense had one mistake that cost us the goal...so that sucks...

...on the brigth side it seemed pumas had a nice attitude trying to at least tie...at times our team started to lose it: sending repetitive crosses, not passing the ball rigth, desperate shots, stupid fouls, then we were able to calm ourselves down and construct a nice play which ended up in the net...

...i also hate the fact we can't beat necaxa...we let 2 points go again, but i kinda expected that...cool thing everyone tied in our group so stuff remains the same...not playing pretty again, but we have already talked about that...i guess necaxa played the way pumas would play in its away games so they gave us sopa de nuestro propio chocolate...

...i think most of us here have been agreeing scocco has been notorious, but i am not sure if i would like to see him as forward...i like him more as attacking midfield but not by much since even as forward he moves around well in/outside the box...

...kinda worried about our forwards in general and at times our defense again...we lost it once and it cost us...midfield at least looks decent...

...waiting for disco's evaluation...

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Spot on, as always Franco, damn did they sit on it!

I disagree with you on this, I do see him as a forward, a real "forward" rather than a striker. Yes he has the ability to create, but he also is as sharp as a needle. The three goals he has scored for us (all headers) have all been very well taken, either lethally fast (Cruz Azul), or lethally placed (Veracruz). In addition, look at his reaction shots from knock downs, ie the (legal-but-dissallowed) goal v Cruz Azul from Moreno, and his attempt yesterday from a Pikolin header (also from a corner), those are not from the training ground, but from his instincts and fast reactions:- a strikers quality. his shots from outside the box also look good. I like him up front, with someone like Gonzalez or Reinaldo alongside.

Also, we could try and use him as an attacking, creative midfielder, but we have Leandro to do that role:- look at the problems Sven had fitting Gerrard and Lampard in the same team. I've gone on more than I meant to, sorry.

Pressure!:eek:

11. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...well I was a little more critical of Tuca for this one... not sure Castro is right as contención, and Espinoza obviously not comfortable at right (wing) back..... Leandro, as he did 1st half v Chivas, played too deep, probably to cover Castro...

....It all seemed to be going well, however, until Gonzalez missed that sitter from Parejita, if he had got that it would have been a very different game... they scored straight afterwards (Pikolin and Moreno taking some blame each), and it took us until half time to recover....

.... we had the best of the game but finishing/last ball was lacking, notable culprits Gonzalez, Reinaldo, and Lopez. Scocco is clearly a good finisher, and it was a nice move, and lovely cross from parejita which finally got us the goal.... still its two points dropped, they were pretty blunt (credit to the lads for that), but without his Sancho, Tuca seems a bit lost, they didnt have much chances, but we sacrificed Leandro to ensure they didn't, and so failed to put enough pressure on them enough....

...all in all I do like (and enjoy) the style we have, possession football, just building the pressure until the other team cracks (NOT, as some say, simply waiting for a mistake), testing and probing until we break through. Unfortunately conceding did not seem to be in the plan at all, and it paniced us.... but we kept at it, and did get the point... player by player:-

Bernal – decent, always hard in a one on one

Velarde – El “Chispa”, having played a complete part in all games this season, was finally subbed off. Good game again. (subbed 62 mins)
    Moreno – another solid game, partly to blame for goal
    Veron – Solid, organised.
    Pikolin – partly to blame for the goal, but sat on Kleber quite effectively, distribution poor. Too often played team-mates into trouble with short balls, or simply hoofed it upfield to no effect.
    Espinosa – disappointing again, didn’t seem to grasp the role Tuca wanted for him (subbed half time). Gave away too many silly balls.

Castro – not really his position, did ok, but I felt it was his failings which led Leandro to, too often, come back to do his job for him.
    Leandro – not his best, too deep, broke a lot up, but didn’t really create much.
    Parejita – MOM – another excellent showing, got knocked about hard 2nd half, ran it off. Always looking for the ball. Corners got better as day went on, and his crossing was excellent. Some lovely close control to boot. Always in space, always wanting it.

Gonzalez – another tricky one, ran all day, made some lovely moves, some great runs, nice lay-offs, but, he seemed confused with his back to goal, and finishing very poor. (subbed 65 mins)
    Scocco – once again great touches, nice control, can rob the ball like he is shelling peas, and of course a lovely and very important finish. Always a danger, a fascinating battle between a new hero and an old one, v Beltran.

SUBS:-
    Reinaldo – half time – think he has some confidence problems in front of goal, choked a couple of times, but is growing in other aspects of his game
    Morales – 62 mins – didn’t excel
    Lopez – 65 mins – entered with ganas, but flattered to deceive, and also missed a good chance.

DT:-
    Ricardo “Tuca” Ferretti – needs to make sure he can find a secure system which allows Leandro to attack more - will be better once the skipper returns. Subs: - half time, possibly “brave”, maybe brought our midfield more into it, the others, well both Espionza and Gonzalez were not on top form, so had to do something, not hard changes to make really.

We also had a very odd shape throughout.. wasn't quite sure at times 2nd half what we were doing.....