Will the WUSA be in it in 2008?

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by MPoole, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just thinking about the relaunch of the WUSA planned for 2008, and it dawned on me. They may be a better league than some of the ones invited to participate in the US Open Cup. So I was wondering, do you think that they will be invited to participate in the tournament next year?

I think that it would be an interesting proposition that could bring a lot of publicity to the US Open, I don't know of any other tournaments around the world where Women's and Men's teams compete.

2. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funniest post of the year.

3. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Can just imagine the uproar when some huge centerback flattens a female forward in a 50-50. Not to mention that some PDL outfit would score so many a mercy rule may be brought in.

No, not ever.

Plus women have their own Open Cup.

4. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember those US WWC winning teams of the 90s that dominated all the rest, they used to lose to High School boys teams and get beaten regularly by Men's College teams. I'm not against Women's soccer, they just won't be able to compete against men physically.

5. olujosh

olujosh Member

Aug 23, 1999
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There already IS a WOMEN'S Open Cup....but that's promoted even worse than the MEN'S open cup is...

6. opal347

opal347 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2005
    Clinton Twp, MI
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear these threads get dumber and dumber every day. (No offense to the OP:cool:)

Now that's an idea. I wonder if these new teams will enter the Women's Open Cup. Hey, depending on the popularity of the league, it could, in turn, give the men's version a boost by seeing the WUSA fans (or whatever the league is going to be called) see the Women's OC.

I can dream, can't I?:p

7. marighand

marighand New Member

May 12, 2007
    USA
    a WUSA women team would get crushed, literally, even against a mens amateur high school squad.

i remember back in my childhood rec league days during a practice, there was a girls team practicing in the field next to our team. the girls team was in 11th grade and i believe played higher challenge or select level while we were a 7th grade rec level boys team. they challenge our team to about a 30 minute scrimmage, where we ended up beating their ass by 5 or 6 goals to none. mainly because of pace tho is why we won, most of the girls were actually bigger than us, lol.

8. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, nothing good can come of this. Thread closed.