Will Roque Junior play against Leicester?

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Seedorf, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Seedorf

Seedorf New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=276979&cc=5901

Peter Reid says it's up to Roque if he's able to play after his South American games for Brazil last week. If he can't go on Monday, that's OK. It's not like Leeds is playing Real Madrid or Man U. We're talking Leicester with no Les Ferninand. This is a game that Leeds should win, or get a draw at the very least.

2. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Rio's debut...... a 3-1 loss away against Leicester....

I really hope we win this one. I doubt that Roque will play, but this is just what i think, i don't have any inside info about that at all.

Olembe will probably get some time on the pitch though!

3. Seedorf

Seedorf New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Captain Splarg, shame on you! You probably didn't knock on wood, did you? It's like deja vu, all over again. How I wish your Roque prediction was true; he was dreadful. Back to the old drawing board....

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rio didn't turn out too bad though....

It was just a completely new backline that was the problem....

Domi and Roque have never played with each other, or with Camara and Kelly....

Just give it time.

It was worse than anything i saw last season though...

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know what Peter Reid was thinking. I mean, anybody who's seen Roque Junior play knows how useless he is. I was shocked when I heard Leeds were drafting him in, and though one game is not enough, I'm not in the least surprised. The only time I've seen him play decently was overtime of the Champs League final when he was injured and limping around the field. Did Peter Reid ever see him play before he signed him?