Will Real Madrid make it to the End?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by vipnerd, Nov 28, 2003.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Championships are won by being consistent. Real can win any game with the team they have. Can they be consistent?

I see Deportivo and Valencia more consistent in the long run. Real will be 2nd, especially with the Champions League distraction.

2. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Real will be first. They may slip up from time to time, but so will the other teams. But the championship will be won in the big games between the contenders. Those games will be won by Mdarid.

3. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    If the match at the Mestella was any indication, those games will be won by Valencia and Depor

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Exactly.

5. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Madrid's biggest problem is their depth. It's fine to have a philosphy of just having big stars but in this case it has hurt the depth of the team. Madrid is involved with three competitions and many of their players (most of their first team) are automatic selections of their respective national teams. This puts a lot of wear on those players. In some games you have to have some kind of rotation. Out of all the top teams in Europe I would say Real Madrid has the weakest bench. If you want a specific example of this look at the recent Sevilla game. Two starters from the defense were out and Madrid was made to look like a 2nd division team by a mediocre opponent (it pains me to say that but Sevilla is not a good team right now).

6. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    We will have the answer in few days. In the next 15 days Real Madrid play against Atletico de Madrid in Madrid, against Barcelona in Barcelona and against Depor in Madrid.

About the question "Will Real Madrid make it to the end?" Yes, if RM don't have injuries and suspension in the key moments of the season. Is that possible? I think that it's very dificult. All will depend of how will play the subs. This year almost all the subs are youth team players, and they aren't playing very good, but ...

7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Injuries and suspensions in the 2nd half of the year are very likely. Madrid's bench lacks experience, especially in the back.

Madrid will lose some crazy points like the Sevilla game. The head to head clashes with Valencia and Deportivo are six point games.

I doubt Madrid will be the champ this year. Because of its bench, bu tmost importantly because both Valencia and Deportivo will keep up with their regularity and put extra pressure on RM.

8. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    How has Depor been consistent this year? They have not (8 goals against Monaco ring a bell?), their bench stinks as well.

I see Madrid winning again, just like last year. Hard fought and right to the end. yuck AGGGHHH :mad:

And MadridFoerver, the next 15 ays won't tell much, just like years past, I expect the derbies to be shared in points and nothing groundbrealking coming from there.

Two years ago, Madrid lost La Liga in Pamplona, not in Barcelona or anywhere else.

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    True. That was one weird game. In domestic competition, Deportivo has received after, 12 games, only 9 goals.

Their bench is closer to their first team level than RM. This is a team where the whole comes before the parts.

Btw, Valencia is also solid in defense, 9 goals agianst, and has scored only 2 less than RM.

IMO, it will come down to the final games just like last year.

10. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    About Valencia, I agree. Their defense is as solid as anyone elses. Especially due to their midfielders. Baraja and Albelda are like vacuum cleaners.

I am not a big fan of the bench of Depor, other than upfront, and I think they have been lucky thus far to have gotten by with so few goals. But if Mauro Silva gets hurt, they are in trouble, he is the rock of the midfield and back.

I would have to say that the favorites are Valencia and Madrid, with Depor farther behind and a handful of team for the 4th spot. Atletico, Athletic, Barcelona and throw in a few others (maybe)

11. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Today Madrid was outplayed by Osasuna. Two shots on goal and a free kick was all Madrid did offensively.

Unfair result. Osasuna desreved the 3 points, hands down. :mad:

12. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think league between Valencia and Deportivo.Although deportivo is going through a bad patch.And Valencia must be the team to beat.Real Madrid's squad is to small and inexperience without the Galacticos.