Will QPR play in Nationwide Div 1 next season?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Kevin H, Apr 23, 2003.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    crunch time - what's your verdict?

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to stay optimistic and go with Yes! Cardiff has lost at home to QPR and Bristol City in recent weeks, so their act isn't completely together. We've had good league results against Bristol City. If we get to play those two, we've got a fair shot. It's going to be an exciting few weeks. Wish I could be there for any of it!

3. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Long Island, NY
    I'd like to see them back in the top flight eventually. I always had a certain affinity for QPR, though I do like other English teams. I know QPR is not wealthy, but that should not preclude them from getting back to the EPL. How long were they in the EPL/Old First Division before they went down after the 1995-96 season? Anyone know?

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell Yes.

But only God and Ian Holloway know for sure.

This team is peaking at just the right time. No injuries and we will be back in DIV 1.

5. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    5 for yes - very scientific so far :)

6. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before 73/74, QPR had just one year in the top flight (68/69) which saw them drop right back down (coming off of back-to-back promotion seasons from the old Third to the old First). After four more years in the old Second, they were then in the top league for 19 of the next 23 years.

There were six straight years in the top flight (73/74 to 78/79), finishing as high as 2nd (in 75/76). Then they were in the old Second Division for four years, finishing 5th, 8th, and 5th, before winning it and moving back up.

They were then in the top flight (old First and Premier League) from 83/84 to 95/96. They finished as high as 5th in that stretch (on three occasions).

http://www.qpr-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadlghs.asp

7. AEK

AEK Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes! but um......we may be a little biased:)

8. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    This is as good a chance as any. We are in a rich vein of form just as the playoffs are approaching. Only 5 hurdles to pass.