Will Moukkoko be in Dortmund long term?

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by SoccerStarz, Jul 24, 2021.

1. SoccerStarz

SoccerStarz Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Nov 26, 2020
    Hoping they build around this kid and don’t let him leave to a bigger club (as I am hoping with Reyna). Do they have a chance at tying him down long term?

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Probably not. Moukoko seems a top talent and will want to be winning the biggest trophies. I see your are American. Reyna is a great talent, but needs to remain focused on the game and he too can become a world class player. Sadly I see both leaving after 2/3 years.

Reus is one of the most loyal players to ever play the game. He genuinely rejected EVERY top club (except I think Barca) to stay and save Dortmund. It's a shame even in his golden years the club are content to waste it by settling for top 4.

SoccerStarz and BVBFNM repped this.
  3. SoccerStarz

SoccerStarz Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Nov 26, 2020
    great response. BVD helped me gain interest in footy. Hopes to see Reyna and Moukkoko remain there for another 4-5 years and build a winning tradition there. While Reyna may leave to follow in dads footsteps I was hoping Moukkoko would remain there until he is 24-25 and see him become the top player in the world in yellow

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Dortmund do have a rich winning tradition. I too am American but I think you should research your new favorite a bit.

I dont think you mean offense by it but to think that Moukkoko and Reyna are meant to be saviors and bring Dortmund back to winning ways will turn off quite a few who post here I can assure you.

Dortmund are accustomed to winning. Winning trophies of late is where they lack. Winning the cup is nice and all but I dont think any fans aspire to that alone. We want Major trophies and the board seems content with just having a winning a tradition and making money. Every club needs to make money because well at its core every business needs to do so but you can do win leagues, trophies and make money without taking any losses. Not sure why we fail at doing it.

5. SoccerStarz

SoccerStarz Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Nov 26, 2020
    I hear you. But they’re a constant feeder to big teams. It doesn’t have to be that way. There are clubs all around Europe who wouldn’t sell their best young talents like Haaland, Reyna, and Moukkoko. There’s really no excuse for BVD not to keep these types of talents longer. It seems bad for the brand. But just my opinion also.

eaglespark repped this.