Will Mexico ever forgive Guatemala?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Pottermaniac, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

you sure??

Usa. mexico, guatemala

2. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    in 2010, Adu will be 32, i mean 20 (wink,wink),and the Star player.
    I say Mexico, Panama(always go for the underdog) , Costa Rica

3. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2010 Concacaf WC qualifiers:
    US, Mexico, Costa Rica

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    agreed

2014 Concacaf WC qualifiers
    Costa Rica, US, Mexico, luckly some other team like honduras maybe.

5. GOYA-GOYA

GOYA-GOYA Member

Dec 15, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...for the Ghana national team?

:rolleyes:

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2010 Concacaf WC qualifiers:
    Mexico, U.S., Costa Rica and guate/honduras if we still have the extra .5

7. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    Sensitive, are we?

8. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    2010 Qualifiers

USA- They have a great youth team that has a few players in Europe already , so when it comes to 2010 they are gonna have mature players.

Mexico- Same thing except a little lesser than the US

Probables:

Costa Rica- They qualified to Germany with an aging team, but have some notable youths but i havent seen one that can make an impact but correct me if im wrong.They still need someone up Front that can help Herron as Wanchope use to do and maybe some creative midfielders too.

Honduras- Many vets are still kinda young an average of 24 or 25 at the moment and have some notable youths such as Ramon Nunez in Dallas or Nery Winters in Holland..... but hopefully everything goes to plan :)

Guatemala- Their Strikers are still young (Ruiz 24 or 25 i think) and the possibility of European expience will no doubt make the national team stronger. There have been some notables youths (Simms) that can be a major factor in 2010. Players like Melgar and Freddy Garcia should be taken noticeable and also Swisher.

Jamaica- They have talent but they are just sloppy up front. Havent heard anything about good Youth players except maybe Damani Ralph.

Maybe:

Trinidad and Tobago- They got lucky and maybe next time they wont unless Warner does something.

Panama- Havent seen anything coming out of them.

No Chance:
    El Salvador- Unless the corruption stops in their soccer federation , then chances are this team will almost be non -exsistent

Every other Carribean team

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

good assessment

but let me point out a few changes

Costa rica: herron is 29 he might not be able to carry like wanchope also he has been on the bench for the chicago fire and lost his spot on the CR NT to bala gomez, plus there youth isn't all that in international play,

HOnduras; nunez is amazing Midfielder europe bound !!! no changes to your analysis there, but most of your core is still up there age wise except suazo still will be a contender!!

Guatemala: ruiz is actually 26 but will be around and his possible transfer to italy or france would transform his play ten fold/ mature him as a player, also you forgot to mention dwight Pezzarossi who just signed to racing de ferrol of spain who is 25 and el loco rodriguez who is 23 has lots of international experience with the NT and might replace Cobi jones who recently retired from la galaxy. youth ,good analysis willie sims is in the MLS combine and the way the draft is going he might go to the LA galaxy though he is 21 he might make it to the MLS before Carlos ruiz did age wise.
    Willie simms is a forward and could develop to be another Pescado ruiz except he has speed and loves to dribble at defenders also you forgot to metion marvin avila a fast athlethic RCM similar player to a young dwight yorke, he plays for suchitepequez and is only 19!!!!! the kid could land a contract somewhere in europe, and also mynor davila 22 yr old from the comunicaciones played in the quailfiers and did two crucial plays to win games against CR in the semis and against panama in the hex. fredy garica might not be a factor in 2010 he's old (29), but fredy thompson(23) !!!
    he will be around, rumors say he could got to MFL soon.

Im confident in guatemala ,they will have a mature but not old core of players in there mid 20's led by Carlos ruiz

jamaica; i agree with you, there raw talent, they need to tighthen up their execution at the top. they have some notable youths who are very athletic but nothin special at the international level
    they might rely on UB40s or UK born jamaicans in the england FA system.
    damani ralph is not a youth more of vet.

T&T: who knows????? birchall is the only real youth , it won't be easy next time, also will leo beenhaker still be the DT next time for 2010???? stern will be an aged ballplayer , yorke and latapy long gone
    !!!!!

panama:???????? good youth team but they will be thrown at the wolves prematurely and won't be the same as we seen in 2005 .

el salvador; tsk tsk tsk no real improvement of late. cerritos is there only bigname player and he's 29 or 30 they remind me guatemala in 1993 and 1996 will have to wait to see what they can produce.

10. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wow i thought Herron was 23 lol oh well......
    So basically Costa Rica can either concetrate on youth squads or it can end up as El Salvador hopeless.

Things seem to improve for Guatemala and Honduras.......who knows maybe the golden years are coming.

For Honduras core players are like this at this moment:

Amado Guevara is 29
    Julio Cesar de Leon is 26
    Saul Martinez is 29
    Danilo Turcios is 28
    Junior Izaguirre is 26
    Suazo is 26
    Noel Valladares (GK) is 28
    Victor Coello (Gk) is 31

Great Honduran Youth players under 23
    Maynor Figueroa-Olimpia
    Ramon Nunez-Dallas
    Hendry Thomas-Olimpia
    Carlos Moran-Victoria
    Nery Winters- Groningen (Holland)
    Angel Nolasco-Second Division Guatemalan league (Universidad)
    Probably more on the upcoming Central American Games

11. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    By 2010 the Mexicant national team will be composed of 50 percent Argentines and 50 percent Brasilians.

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and guatepeor will still be watching the world cup on tv, watching honduras take thier spot :D

13. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    And you'll still be sucking cawk watching Mexico continue to be the most over rated soccer team in the world.

14. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh anthony, :D. your in the wrong thread. guatemala sucks they finished 5th in concacaf.

15. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Well they would have made it to the WC if some pendejos no ubieran mamado la verga de Warner.

I'm not gonna argue with you lowlife. I would debate with someone from Harvard Mass. not some j@ck off from Harvard, Illinois. LOL

16. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    keep talking. its really funny. now your insulting cities and states :D. i used to live in chicago. those bears really suck

17. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    It's real funny how you can't construct a grammatically correct sentence.

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh i'm sorry. I didn't know you were grading my typing

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Excuse me gentlemen, can we go back to the topic and stop the rivalry thing.... BTW i think this thread should die.....

20. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i was just having a friendly conversation with my a fellow bs poster. it will discontinue now:D

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I 2nd that!

or move it to WR

22. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    that would be a good option too.

23. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    do we have a novelas thread?

"forgive?"
    what sap started this thread?

24. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Pottermaniac formely David potter the Mexican, he secretly has a Man crush on World famous Concacaf forum MOD MoRado, if you read prior post in this thread, its boderline homo stuff coming from Potter and occasionally Jared999

25. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ

that figures.