Will LECCE survive?

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by HADJI, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    not looking good for lecce this season.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    They don't have a lot of points to show for it but I've been pretty impressed by them the last month or so. It was always going to be tough but I am now pretty confident they can finish above Cesena and Novara, so they just need to get ahead one of Bologna, Siena or Parma (I don't think they can finish above us or Cagliari). I'd say they have maybe a 20% chance of staying up. If anyone feels like giving me 6-to-1...

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Even though Cosmi hasn't got a win yet, I think he can give them some hope. They seem to be more convincing. It doesn't help that they only have their third-choice keeper now.

They should get rid of Corvia. He is a dud. Muriel and Di Michele should be their main attacking pair. I'd like to see Giandonato start some games in the new year. Obodo needs to go too.

4. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lecce blew a great chance to get out of the relegation zone today. They'll be lucky to get anything off Juventus, so the Fiorentina match on the 5th will be crucial. If they can't get points in their last home game, the final game at Chievo may not matter.

Genoa have home games left with Cagliari and Palermo and a road game with Udinese. Both home games are behind closed doors. Will that make a difference?