Will John has Danish Trial

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Will John is listed by KC as 5'9" ... which would make Lee ... 5'8"?

He's not that small.

Do you remember "Broadway Danny Rose", where Woody Allen plays a down-on-his-luck agent.

One of his line was, "My client will work for the same fee that he has always worked on .... which is whatever you want to pay him".

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Apparently, what Denmark wants to pay him is more than MLS wishes to pay, as I am told by a family friend that Will is receiving a "substantial" raise.

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Or more likely, Will isn't that big.

Cool picture, I smiled.

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    He was making $41K with the Wiz. (at least, on books)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/mls/longterm/2007/salaries_07.html

I would assume that an SAS team would be able to easily double or triple it from a functional POV (including housing allowance, car, meals).

You'd figure the starters can make $300K-$400K there (aside of the big clubs like Brondby or FCK, where they can make as much as $1M).

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I liked it too. Though I'm surprised that the folks in Randers would have such a strong opinion about who should be playing GK for the U.S.

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    We have Timmy vs. Marcus vs. Brad, Argentina debates how to get Messi, Riquelme, and Aimar onto the field at the same time. The great soccer countries always have these dilemnas. It's natural that the lesser countries would care.