Will John article on MLSnet

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by IowaBoy, Feb 21, 2006.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nice article. Makes me really look forward to how he's going to mature as a versitile a-mid in the next few years.

2. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice article.
    This is stuff I like/want to see.

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, I wrote Pete and Bob asking for a few more fluff pieces like this in the Star in between the more important stories. They run more Wizards stuff than anyone, but I figured asking for more couldn't hurt. :eek: Obviously they're kind of at the maximum coverage the editors feel is warranted.

Casual fans who live in KC don't really get many background pieces on the players, as the Star is basically all we have to rely on. Luder's piece on Yura was really good I thought.

I hope Will proves his doubters in Chicago wrong.

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He definitely has some shoes to fill with Klein, and Preki gone.

There some questions yet to be answered. Is he good enough to start as amid in a 442? With all the forwards being accumulated are the Wizards going to a 433? It could be an interesting two months if Wolff, Zavagnin, Sealy, and Conrad are off with the national teams.

5. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The possibilities for line ups this year are very numerous, it will be interesting to see what Gansler does with it. I am definitly excited about seeing a 433 with Wollf/Johnson/Sealy up top. I think that will be very fun to watch. If Gansler can mold John into a good a-mid (I realize this might take more than 1 or 2 seasons) things could get VERY interesting up top. I'm really looking forward to the season to start.

6. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't see us playing anything other than 4-3-3 as long as Wolff, Sealy, and EJ are healthy. They're really all too good to be left on the bench.