Will Hugo coach real madrid soon?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by lond2345, Sep 16, 2004.

1. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    do you think it can happen sooner rather than later? knowing that Madrid is playing without passion, creativity and intensity. People are starting to get worried about the way madrid is playing. Hugo is a world class motivator he seems like the perfect guy to motivate them back into form.

It all depends on what the board of madrid will do once they win no titles again. Barcelona looks real good this season and I don't know if they can be stopped on their way to La Liga title. Madrid's chances of winning the champions league in the new knockout format are even less.

I will bet they will not win the Liga and champions league. Do you think they will call in Hugol if they win nothing this season (which I think will happen)

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are you as sure as you were when you said Mexico wouldn't get out of their group in the Copa America? :rolleyes:

3. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You are dreaming. He'll probably be the "sporting director" like valdano and butragueño are.

4. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    That's not what he said. Hugo has stated over and over again that his goal is to be the coach. He told Florentino himself that this is his goal and he wants his chance after Camacho.

5. corazon_de_CHIVA

corazon_de_CHIVA New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio
    I saw him on an interview and he didn't quite comment on it in depth like you claim he did. He said he has plenty of time with UNAM and that's the team he's worried about. But who knows, maybe he'll take the opportunity to do such a thing. But I seriously think becoming the next head coach of the mexican ntl team should be on the top of his priority list...Mexican people need him more than some team in spain...it will be interesting to see what choice he makes.

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hugo will choose the national side first than coaching real madrid. And since the job for coaching mexico will be vacant very soon because Lavolpe won't last long with the pressure from the press. If they ask him, Hugo will take the mexico job faster than you can say parangaricutirimicuaro

7. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    They will not ask him as long as De La Torre is there. Hugo will not coach el tri.

8. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    yeah, that's right. He'll be too old by the time the "untouchables" from the FMF leave

9. corazon_de_CHIVA

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio
    But the question is...will that happen sooner than Hugol getting a chance to leave to Madrid and become coach? I hope he'd rather wait to become the ntl coach instead of coaching a team with so many good players that isn't worth a damn

10. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lmao

right now hugo would most likely choose the mnt over real madrid.

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    we dont deserve to have Hugo as a coach... If I were Hugo, i would leave and go to Europe.

12. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats like saying that I don't deserve herpes after a night with your sis- total bull

13. corazon_de_CHIVA

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio
    I wont go to the immature level as Tecos tends to go...but just give me some reasons why?

14. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    I'm Mexican ,
    I dont need that prick :D

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Its not bull... the cangrejos all cream in thier pants for the Lavolpes, Bielsas, Bianchis... and the fact of the matter is that their desire to coach is gone (whether its temporarily or permanant is irrelevant)... and you guys still want them.

Yet you have a proven winner that would die to coach us into the promise land, and the majority of the Mexican population doesnt want him and criticizes him because he wants to win..because he wants to install pride in the program and in the Mexican player..because he wants to treat his players like stars.

We reap what we sow... we dont deserve to have him as a coach.

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    prick because he threatons to leave, because he hits the press,because he mistreats the mexican player?

17. corazon_de_CHIVA

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio

I agree to a certain extent...there's too many people (including media) that criticize his ways of coaching and hell I at one time or another did as well...but he's a great coach and there's no denying that. Regardless of his bickering and childish acts sometimes, he has heart and he provides wins. But I guess some people are in the blinds...But this should give him even more reason to want to coach the mnt and shut everyones mouths. What better feeling than to have the people that criticized you..at your feet?

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Its not just Hugo.

We have coaches like El Sheriff, El Captitan Furia, El Pelon that want to work, but are overlooked.

19. corazon_de_CHIVA

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio

It's the same thing that happens with the players...

20. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    They are all "has been"s not qualified to coach the MNT. Somebody here mentioned that they do not care who it is as long is a Mexican. I do not share that opinion. I think Hugo would be O.K only because he can not do worse than LaVolpe. And before you ask, even el pelon is not the answer.

21. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

I think that he would choose the national side rather than Real Madrid because he is afterall Mexican...... but with the politics of it all it is actually at the moment 10 times easier for him in the future to be Real Madrid's coach rather than the National Team. With the Current power structure on board, Hugo will not get a chance. Even if he did get a chance, for some reason I could see them sabotage his work so they could say..." I told you so."

Sad really.

I was actually quite surprised to see Camacho come in again. He is old news. He's been there and done that for that team and he never did anything for them as a coach, same with Toschack. Del Bosque was a stud for them, but Florentino and Valdano wanted to prove that they could win without him so they let him go. What it comes down to it, they will need someone that will light a fire in the player's asses and I do think that Hugo will surely be considered.

22. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What most of you guys are missing out in your posts to this question is the simple fact that El Buitre is the director now.

Put 2 and 2 together.

Hugo is definitely at the forefront to land the gig, especially if Madrid do nothing this season. The loss to Leverkusen was horrible. I don't see any improvements either.

I also want him to be our coach first, but with all the corruption, I don't see how he'd get the job.

Let us not even delve into the working conditions he'd be granted.

Most of the media and fans have had a beef with Hugo but now, with what's transpired, he's turned into a media darling.

The people are still split with regards to Hugo's qualifications.

But, more and more people are certainly against Lavolpe's tenure lasting any longer.

23. corazon_de_CHIVA

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio

Man, this is the attitude which makes my stomach stirr...seriously. I mean how can you not want a mexican coaching a team that is representing mexico? Like I said, some people get too involved in winning rather than pride. It's like if they mnt or some mexican icon loses, you're gonna lose your pride to be mexican. I dunno, with me, of course I want them to win I mean who doesn't ...but if they fail, I'd rather see all mexicans fail....everytime a foreigner is involved it just knocks the peoples pride that much. Plus, there's plenty of MEXICAN coaches who have the talent to coach the mnt ....Hugol, Piojo, Tomas Boy...etc.

24. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I never said I did not want a mexican to coach NT, I just don't agree it should be any mexican.El piojo has not earned that job yet,Tomas boy?
    c'mon what has he done lately, Hugo is o.k but you also have to consider that sometimes he acts very inmature on the field, so he would have to work on that aspect.

25. corazon_de_CHIVA

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio
    I think Piojo has earned the job...it's just that everyone expects a coach to win a championship or coach one of the best teams in the league in order to be adequate for the mnt. I don't seriously think Hugos actions on the field will have anything to do with how he coaches the team. In fact, it shows how serious he takes it and that its all heart poured out on the field. who would you nominate to the job as head coach?