Will Feyenoord make it to the Champion's League?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Oscar, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The draw has been announced, and Feyenoord has to play Turkish runners-up from last season: Fenerbahçe. I think they were part of the training tournament Feyenoord played last week, didn't they demolish Kaiserslautern, who beat Feyenoord later on? But then, there was no van Hooijdonk, van Persie, Ono and Kalou in those games.

Always tough to play Turkish teams, especially at home....and they might have two "home" matches this time. :D

The Turks got Rustu (best goalie from the WC in my opinion) and Ariel Ortega in their ranks.

Gonna be tough.

2. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    No not two home matches for the Turks this time. As far as I know you can only get a ticket with a clubcard, thank god for that.

3. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Fener friends tell me it's Revivo, the Israeli International, who is still the most dangerous player for the blue and gold.

4. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    They also have the Ilhan kat, i hope he scores 2 on Feyenoord!

5. Feyenoord will destroy whatever try to disrupt their march

6. astabo0ty

astabo0ty New Member

Mar 25, 2002
    South Florida
    im sure feyenoord will win but 1 question, is ono going to play? i think he had surgery, not sure.

7. ono had surgery just before WC and he sucked. he was playing under medication maybe that affected his performance during wc. hopefully now he is fully recovered

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You are sure feyenoord will win? I think they will have a very, very hard time doing so. They've had a lousy preparation and will probably miss some players.

As far as I'm concerned they can loose and have another go at the UEFA cup. Although Dutch football in general would profit from a feyenoord victory.

9. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    No Jan Dahl, no win, he scored all your goals last year, I like Pierre, but he's not enough.

Plus, Ajax will smoke them like hooka this season, and maybe like a bong!

10. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    Snap Snap wake up, since did tommasson know how to score ?
    With all the changes he needed for making one goal any sane person could score at least 5.
    Its a good thing Tommasson left Feyenoord allthough I have the idea Lurling is the same kind of player, Feyenoord should push Ono forward to play with Piere up front.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Tomasson really wasn't that great for Feyenoord, and I don't think he will last long at AC Milan.

If they had a better striker up front to team up with van Hooijdonk, they would have been champions last season.

12. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    hehe that is what I was trying to say :) Next time I'll first take a cold shower before writting anything :D