Will David Moyes be fired this season?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Cassano, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With Everton picking up these negative results, will Moyes be given the boot this season?

2. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just a matter of time. If Everton gets so deep into the drop zone by the January transfer window, I'm guessing that there will be a blood-letting, and Moyes will suffer a sacking. But if Everton can play their way back into form and escape dread relegation woes, Moyes will probably last the season.

But there are other questions to be asked: who would replace him? are there obvious candidates? and is it reasonable to think the Toffees can contend for a European spot in the next year or so? The reason for the last question, in my mind, is that Moyes may be viewed as the best man for that job: whipping the club back into shape. Personnel issues aside, like the horrid run of injuries, and the difficulty of keeping players at home, when a side is in freefall, Moyes did show his stuff last year.

I think Everton is destined to be a lower half club, at best, for a while, even if they survive this desparate season. Last year, they played fabulous defensive football, but their European qualification can be accounted for by Liverpool's wretched end-of-season play. Without help from the Reds, Everton might have been yesterday's news, which they have now become.

3. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    no way...we've signed too many good players. van der meyde, beattie, kroldrup, arteta, we've got a real good team capable of at least contending for uefa cup provided we survive this season. the only problem has been injuries.

4. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    well - don't really hate 'em - just think that last year's success was an aberration - they're reverting to their true form this year -

5. dcgoonies

dcgoonies New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Maryland
    Actually,
    I could NOT care less.
    But, I voted that I could care less.
    It's a cut-throat business.

6. cods5

cods5 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Oz
    Not a chance

7. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I agree, cods. Moyes won't be fired, nor does he deserve to be. Things will be more clear once the new signings start clicking and half our squad returns from injury.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    There is only one option for Everton, and that is to start Li Tie. Use my Chinese brother and Everton will be saved.

Trust me, it's the luck of the Chinese brothers ha ha ha

I hope Everton does not get relegated

9. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    If he was ever healthy, he might get a chance.

10. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    true true

Very tough break for Everton though. Falling out of Champion's League qualification, and then falling out of UEFA Cup.

I don't think they will get relegated, but after this season is over, they got work to do. Serious serious work to do.

Sign some Chinese players :)

11. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    i think a more helpful poll would be:

'why do americans insist on writing "i could care less" when they actually mean "i couldn't care less"?'

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Davey Moyse. Davey Moyse. Davey Davey Moyse. Has got Red Hair but we dont care. Davey Davey Moyse.

13. Madison midfielder38

Sep 29, 2005
    Ohio
    I couldnt care less ever paid any attention to everton :D

14. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Everton are crap. I said last year when they had Champions League bollox. They are crap. Sunderland are higher up than those lot ffs man.

Come on the Black Cats. Roaaaar.

15. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    Everton sucks they dont have much chemestry in there team tahts why they keep getting bad results and thats why every team gets bad results

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it is because Davey Davey Moyse has got Red hair but we dont care Davey Davey Moyse.

Haway Newcastle.

17. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    For those of you who chose "I could care less", how much less could you care?

And Chewey, it's not only Americans. I see all kinds write "I could care less" on all the boards, even brits. In addition, several posters confuse "your" for "you're", "it's" when it should be "its" and "their" instead of "they're". It used to irritate me too, until I came to realize that this is a message board and not an f'ing English class.

18. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    yeah he will be sacked but i stupidly voted no by mistake :(

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I agree. Even if Everton was to be relegated, Moyes should go down w/ the team and rebuild it to make a one season in the secondary league and return to the EPL right away.

20. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That''ll not happen cupcake. I will bet my life that if Everton get relegated, they will end up in Division 3. Even Sunderland are higher up than you lot. Classic.

Moyse. Moyse. Red Hair. We Dont Care. Moyse. Moyse.

21. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Everton are a Championship team playing in the Premiership. Last season was all these shite 1-0 wins and now they showing their true team by getting beat by the likes of City and Wigan and letting Danny Mills score. Their next 7 games.

Chelscum(H)
    Birmingham(A)
    Boro(H)
    West Brom(A)
    Newcastle(H)
    Blackburn(A)
    Man Utd(A)

Now there are teams in there were most fans would say" easy 3 points" Too bad these teams are all away games(Birmingham,West Brom,Blackburn).Even if they got 8 points from these games they would still only have 11 points and most likely still be in the bottom 3. Moyes did a great job last season with a bad team but, if Everton are near the relegation zone then he has to go. This team has injury problems yes but, so does every team in the Premiership. Their best forward is James Beattie and after that they have no one that could score even 8+ goals a season.

22. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Newcastle will beat them. I will have my arse on my seat at Fortress St James' Park. Well I would if it was on Tyneside. pfffffft. Classic.

Febuary 25th. 3pm Kick-Off. Haway lads. I said there was a reason we didn't get Beattie. Step forward Mick Owen.

23. grandriver tim

grandriver tim New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    brantford
    Everton did exceptionally well last year I forecasted on other lists that they would struggle the following year they do not have the players it is not the managers fault. Everton's worst mistake was puting the watty waist coat in as manager this clown kept the thug ferguson and gave him a new contract he should have been punted earlier than he did he is a no mark.. Poor board room is what is wrong at goodison. Everton support should get rid of the board they have a good up coming manager but a bankrupt board.

24. FK-Cement

FK-Cement New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Poland
    After the serious compromitation against Dinamo, espacially in Bucuresti, it can be hard for him to survive. UEFA Cup wasn't a priority for Everton, but league results ae also very bad.

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Poster Teams w/ up and downs.