Will Boca Win this season???

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by jonnykillz89, Jan 6, 2007.

1. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's JUST Banfield. Let's see how you do against San Lorenzo, Racing or Velez... especially Velez :cool:

2. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    What is even more amusing to read is how los bosteros now all of the sudden have woken from the dead after beating a very poor Banfield team.

Make no mistake boca is always candidate to take the tournament along with RIver no matter what.

They played exceptional well vs Banfield and beat them the way you beat a poor team.If they continue this way then one might think they're on the way to being champions.But not every team is as poor as Banfield,which I might take this moment to say that as long as Banfield has PATRICIO HERNANDEZ as their coach they will never win anything,the guy is a loser and he has been one at every team he has coached.They play Lanus next week,clasico del sur and if they loose then he will have his days counted.

About that kid Franzoia,he has mad skills and still has alot to learn.boca's best move was getting Orteman.Now with the signing of Roman they will be the heavy favorties along with RIver.

Should be fun :cool:

3. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

Marino es un muerto.

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Not really. The waking up came when the arrival of Roman was announced.

But winning the first game of the Clausura so convincingly should be a good confidence booster for the team.

Franzoia has skill but he needs to learn to pass. When talking about youth I think Boca has the brightest prospects right now.

Franzoia, Boselli, Cardozo, Banega, Cahais, Mouche, ext....

All these players have massive potential and some could turn out to be important for Boca this Clausura. Especially Neri and maybe Banega. The rest are definitely ones for the future.

5. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey now Dr Know, where did this come from? Not too long ago bosteros were calling for Franzoia's ass, Cahais' head and nobody knew Mouche until a month ago. Banega and Cardozo look interesting though, too bad for Banega he plays in a position that Argentina is going to have stacked for years.

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Ohh Franzoia fucked up royally in those games that Lavolpe unexplicably played him. That doesn't take away from the fact that he still has some skill. He just needs to learn to pass the ball and not be so selfish.

I don't remember anyone talking bad about Cahais.

Anyway most of the anger was towards LaVolpe for playing these unexperienced players in big games.

I just said that all those players have alot of potential and are ones for the future. The only ones that have potential of making an impact currently are Neri and to a lesser extent Banega.

Neri has been playing very well for a while now. If he has a good Clausura I think he'll get called up for Copa America.

7. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Beating Banfield the way we did certainly means some change.

And adding Riquelme doesnt change much?

C'mon now....that's like saying Veron didn't add much to Estudiantes...

And I believe Roman is a better player than Veron...so with that in mind I hope you can rethink your assumption.

8. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    banfield sucked sincerly and look what san lorenzo did to colon last year and then we sucked badly. but roman will add something to the game, passing and then a large amount of slowness and amargura.

as far as being better than veron, hahahaha. veron plays with pasion, laughs, and controls the midfield. roman has good vision and great passin, after that it looks like you're watching a person without heart playing.

9. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i guess we will have to see...it's hard to play with heart when your club doesnt want you...if i remember correctly when Roman played in Boca there was deft. heart there....

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Do you really believe this?

Passarella didn't do much of the strengthening pre-season, mostly speed, as he had done the strengthening back in July. (Remember how bad River looked against Libertad in Paraguay? = Blame it on that pre-season) That is the only reason why River "seemed" that much faster than the rest of teams during the summer. They have a stronger defense, less quality in attack, without Gallardo and Higuain.

Welcome back to reality. The clasico in Mendoza should give you a better idea of teams catching up in their form/speed. Without a playmaker, you guys are really going to suffer. Remember the game agaisnt Banfield last semester? Without Gallardo it was destined to a 0-0. Just like yesterday ... unless you score from a set piece. You can only play long balls and counter attack so much before smaller teams park the bus ... and the night falls.

To beat Sao Paulo, the way Boca beat them, should give you a better idea of the potential of the Boca of last semester. La Volpe inmediately tried to impose his style and his manners (think trainings), when Boca did not have the players to play his system. And destroyed the moral of players ... that days prior to his arrival, seemed untouchable by any team in the local tournament.

So do your math in terms of what the summer games mean, the reality of River's system and the strength and potential of Boca ... all this prior to Riquelme. Now, toss Riquelme in and it will be a magical steal.

Vip

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    agree 100% with you vipnerd

boca seem to be getting back on track after stupid LaVolpe ruined us.
    and that is bad news for everyone in argentina and south america

12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't even know where to begin with this comment. Veron plays with passion? I'm sure a fair amount of Chelsea and ManU fans would probably have to disagree with you. He laughs? At last someone has touched on one of the most important skills and traits a futbol player must have. Knowing that he laughs means he'd make a great teammate to Lionel Scaloni. Control the midfield? Maybe at Estudiantes, but outside of the defending champs, when was the last time you can remember him controling the midfield? The 2002 WC? Oh wait, he was amongst the most disapointing players in the entire tournament:eek:

Roman has good vision huh? How about great vision, at least that what almost everyone else that knows anything about futbol says is his greatest and unmatched quality. Great passing? I can't nor will I try to even fight that one because it's the only thing from the above quote that is spot on. In the event you wanna try and throw some hate on Roman from the last WC, keep in mind that statistacly he still had good enough cup to be mentioned amongst the best players in the whole Cup. The only reason we lost to Germany was because Romy was taken off, Veron never even looked like a player capable of being in a WC.

I guess when your futbol watching involves San Lorenzo, it's easy to see why a player like Veron still looks good. Of course if Romy ended up at SanLo, you'd be swing off his jock proclaiming him the second coming.

13. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    listen man i don't hate riquelme's skill but he plays with a face that makes me sad. im saddened when i see him. hey i was riding the horse last season with villareal. i originally got interested cause of gonzalo but riquelme won me over. but he failed me at the wc, and the penalty against arsenal. i think skill wise he beats veron but as far as it goes id rather have veron than roman. i would never want to see roman with the san lorenzo shirt. that would be such a horrible thing we already have ferreyra and hirsig don't make our midfield more pecho frio.:rolleyes:

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fair enough but I've heard that same comment numerous times about his expression. It could be his game face or not I don't know but so long as he produces, he could look like he just drank some vinegar for all I care. Our views on the WC is apples and oranges so lets not waste time over the past. Saludos:)

15. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it's all fun :p . i just wanted to point out that i would not have riqulme on my team since he lacks enthusiasm (from my point of view) , but he is a very good player and is one of the last great enganches, a dying breed from a country that used to produce countless amount of them.

16. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    You know futbol but you're not a teacher and because you have your "boca show" and talk about how their games were doesn't make a difference to me.Which btw where are the last couple of shows vs River? Hahahaha blame it on the software.

You state the obvious.How bout you change your nick to John Madden,yes?

Yea you can blame boca's fall last year on Lavolpe which seems to be the easiest thing to do.But how can you not get a point just one point out of three games to become champions? Is that the coaches fault? Some I will say yes but it goes for the players just as much.Come on.

River is alot faster and not that teams are going to catch up, but play their game to their advantage,play to tie like most small clubs do when they play River/boca. Like you said Lanus.Lanus has a very good team or did you forget about the bitter taste they left you guys last season?Not all games are going to be played with great futbol,we all know that.Nor I care if we play futbol all the time,sometimes you just have to win no matter what and you being a boca fan should know that,do some memory research.Because way before Roman played in boca you guys never played good footie like you would say.

Without a playmaker we are really going to suffer you say? Time will tell,but our midfield is alot better also and go back to the last clasico played in RIver,im sure you may not want to but River didn't have Gallardo in the line-up and River created enough chances to win the game atleast 4-1.And River that day was just as fast as now.Come on bra can you really believe this? ;)

River isn't just going to score with pelota paradas,why? Because it just happen this past weekend? If we stop to think how many times every team scored with a free-kick a corner etc.. We'll be here all day.Why do you have Palermo for? Corners,free kicks,all arial balls. Because afuera del area no existe?Or el Cata Diaz for that matter? Or Even Morel...

The last clasico in Mendoza was a friendly,I rub it in for the fact it is against you guys but I know what it is for and what it means and even more because for over 25 minutes we played with 9 .I'll trade all those games for the Libertadores and if Pasarella thinks he is safe because he won both clasico in the summer he is wrong.He hasn't done shit since he came back and he still got a raise,for what I have no clue.But if he doesn't win anything in the first semester,he has to get the steppin.

Preach to someone else homeboy,I see and understand you coming and talking now that you guys won very well the first game and have Riquelme back on your side,those are 2 very good reasons to believe. but like I said if you want to sit here and talk to me about what summer games mean,tactics,and so on teach your sobrinos,little cousins, and so on. But i'm not buying. ;)

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course it's all fun, hell I'll even pass you the mate' but no hugs:eek: As for your comment about enganches, I kinda feel that we as Argentines were spoiled for a nice run because if you really look at futbol as a whole, how many true enganches (by the Argentine view) have we seen in the world? Zidane? Totti? Ronaldinho? Really Zizou is the only one I could see passing as a che'.

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm not going to defend VIP, being that he's a big boy and should easily be able to do that with a gallina. To comment on some of the things you stated, you are absolutely correct in saying that the players must shoulder some blame in regards to the end of last season. Things like this do happen in sport, call it flukes or whatever but bottom line is we let it slip away. I am satisfied however that it was Estudiantes and not river that did it. Give Estudiantes some credit, they were on a mission and they never let up. All that b/s being said, we still finished ahead of river again which we will do again. Sure those lil' torneos are nice for trash talking but what does river have to show for it in the grand scheme of things?

Your quick to point out that in last terms clasico, you didn't have Gallardo. You did have Belluschi who did infact have a pretty damn good game iirc. So no, you ladies really were not without an enganche but if you consider Gallardo to be a better player than Belluschi at this stage in their careers, then I worry about your futbol observations. Do keep in mind that this is a Bostero saying that about a river player.

As for Pasarella, I agree with you here. Great player but to this point just an average DT at best. The question to you is this; would river fire an icon? If so who would they go after? We all know Bianchi is out of the question so then who would you suggest?

19. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    And maybe if Pasarella and the River players had finished out the tourney instead of packing it in, you could have won it. But i guess thats too much to ask from a bunch of gallinas. All they do is sit on the side watching boca and complaining and bitching all the time

20. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Hmmmmmmm lets see here.Only reason I mentioned Gallardo was because VIP said or brought him up now that we don't have an enganche things will be different for us.You might have to re-read our posts once again.Did I say we needed him in that clasico?Gallardo didn't do squat for awhile in River so no,we didn't need him and I had no problem having him leave to another team.Did I say he was better then Belluschi? I don't think so.Don't try to think or assume what I did not say.So that way you don't go making up any conclusions on your own.

As a matter of fact I just finished watching Futbol de Primera and River played pretty well and had numerous of chances to score.Just needed that final touch.

As for Pasarella geting fired? maybe not by the president but maybe by the people/hinchada.Trust me if he doesn't accomplish anything he will get it and it doesnt matter if his contract is till 2009 or whatever it is .And if he is smart enough he will leave on his own.Don't get me wrong I still want him to succeed and win as much things as possible.

See we can definitley have a discussion.Just don't take everything to heart.;)

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River did play well. Maybe not as good as everyone wanted and/or expected, but they didn't do as bad as everyone made it out to be. Also, Lanus is a very good team, who beat Boca a the previous official fecha, and always gives River a hard time. Not only that, but they defended with 11 men almost the whole game. There would be times that they would defend with 10, but never less than that. It's pretty hard to get through a team that defends with every player on the pitch.

22. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

I stand by what I wrote in my previous post. Don't take things personally bro. You wanna know what I thought after the game in Mendoza? This is what I wrote for a Blog ... here:

Feel free to give your opinion.

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm going to kill you and eat your babies!!!!!:D With Pasarella, I'm not so sure he'd go on his own accord. Seems kinda egotistical to me but who knows. Pretty true to form for a gallina. Cocky with zero reason to be:D

24. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Doesn't matter,you and I can discuss or argue about whatever and i'm all good for it.I don't make it personal but the way you come across is what I am amused by the most acting like you know more then anybody and trying to put them down.It isn't the first time it has happen.As much as I don't agree with you I never came and said,"you don't know this or that", or "do your math," blah blah.Quien sos? Fernando Niembro? LOL.I've been around el futbol argentino since the 80's and have watched million of games and tapes and plays as much as analysts(if thats how you spell it),went to games,and played the sport.I don't know it all but I know my shit.

What I stated were facts for the reason those were things that already happen,so I stick to what I say.Can't predict the future only talk about the past and the present.

You are one of the few peoples in here that I can actually have a discussion about any topic and thats great.Don't let that show get the best of you.Ok? ;)

25. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

:confused:

This is what I quoted you for:

I based my points on your thinking that the Boca fans were worried for the future ... and went ahead to justify why not. Even without Roman being announced and the Banfield game.

That's it m8. I didn't quote the rest of your post as I agree with some stuff and the rest is a matter of personal opinion.