Wild East Football - The web's best (and only) english language Chinese football site

Discussion in 'China' started by shanghai_ultra, Mar 20, 2012.

1. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    A lot of BS China forum members are already familiar with WEF, but with all the renewed interest in Chinese football we'd like to invite all users old and new to keep up to date with our site:

Wild East Football

It's updated almost daily by our team of around 10 contributors. The main focus is on the CSL, but we always cover the national team matches when they come around, same for the Asian Champions League and CFA Cup.

We also have an excellent grassroots section covering the development of the sport in China at that level.

Have a look guys and please leave your feedback and suggestions for improvements what you would like to see covered on this thread.

Jeffrey Yin repped this.
  2. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Something that I enjoy about football websites is when all their articles aren't only about the top teams (in this case Guangzhou Evergrande, Beijing Guoan, Shanghai Shenhua, Shandong Luneng), but also articles of the lesser known teams. I myself am following Qingdao Jonoon this season and possibly Guizhou Renhe and Shandong Luneng if i have time.

Basically don't limit the articles to just the top teams. However, I think you are doing very well so far and thank you with your contribution! I may be able to help once i'm a bit less busy.

3. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    More pics of crazy fans and mei nu!

Kenneth has some good posts about Jiangsu Shuntian and I did enjoy the Trevor Lamb post a while back - would be good to hear about any updates on that front.

I'm impressed at how much new info gets posted on the site - just about daily. Definitely the premier Ingris site to get the real oil (or just plain speculation) on Chinese football.

And doesn't take itself too seriously - always a good sign.

Oh yes, one more thing: more viz jokes please.

4. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    We are always open to potential new contributors if they can write decently and make Viz jokes.

The teams we cover most are basically those which are supported by the contributors. Outside the big teams, we have Shuntian covered excellently by Kenneth, who is a member of this forum, we also have a new Guangzhou Fuli correspondent. As you can imagine though, finding people watching Chinese football, and willing and able to write match reports isn't easy.

Yiddo - myself and B have been discussing the meinv issue for a while, infact i've had a post ready to go for when we have a quiet patch - although i might publish it sooner after reading your comment, and to cheer up Shenhua fans........

5. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really enjoy the ACL opponent team previews. It would be cool if you could do one for each team a CSL opponent plays. The weekly video highlights and reports are also awesome!!

6. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Look forward to the Fuli reports - would be great if you could get a massed pub talk going on - Guoan, Shenhua, Evergrande, Fuli, Shuntian Dalian(?) fans all 'aving it large with each other. Pwopa nawty!

meinv will cheer up more than just the Shenhua fans!

7. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Haha, well, since we're Shanghai and Beijing fans, that's why the blog is focused on those sides. We'd love to have contributors in other cities and have brought on a few, but hard to find everywhere. I love the story of a team in Guiyang and will try to report on Guizhou from time to time, but spend most my time writing about Beijing (and to a lesser extent Liaoning).

8. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yea it is hard to find to find any Chinese football fans...especially since I live in the whitest area of the us

9. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fantastic site !!!!