Wil Trapp Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by bsky22, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Girt

Girt Member

Jun 18, 2019
    Can anyone link a video replay of Wil Trapp Leader of Men FS1 aired? I can't find anywhere.

2. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Bump. Someone is claiming Trapp was good in this game.

3. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trapp is not a starter for his 11th place, MLS also ran club team.

Can't believe how many minutes and caps have been wasted on this guy, hopefully that experiment is over now.

4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Will Trapp and Michael Bradley are the establishment guys. They can suck forever and the core is till going to be built around them.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be true until they stop getting called up. Notice the fact that you're the only person continuing to defend their selections...

yurch10 repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn’t true.

8. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure the others will make themselves known, then.

Do you think there are a lot of people who would defend the entrenchment of MB/WT on the NT on this forum? Or that there is a very small minority, one of whom always posts the "f*cking that chicken" clip, instead of trying to make a counterpoint?

TheHoustonHoyaFan and yurch10 repped this.
  9. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Least funny/entertaining shtick on BS. Cringe worthy even.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only quoted the words Michael Bradley. I was making the point that some people can’t stop ********ing that chicken.

11. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    cmon superdave. It is the single biggest and consistently terrible decision that Berhalter has made throughout his tenure.

you can try to cover it it with “well, if he chooses a shitty system that only Bradley or trapp can theoretically fill, it’s not a bad decision*” but we both know that’s bunk.

OTOH, the boo radley stuff was priceless.

* FWIW, I think that there are multiple players who could maintain 90% possession via safe passing and an occasional arching corner ball that isn’t dangerous against low level teams but that’s a separate point!

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a Bradley thread. But some people spread their unnatural love of chickens in the wrong place, because their lust is uncontrollable.

13. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    meh, mentioning Bradley in the same breath as trapp in trapp’s thread when discussing potential MLS favoritism isn’t far fetched.

Not chicken worthy like boo radley

14. nbarbour

nbarbour Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bumping this post. You know...just because...

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    dude has a Greek passport, why doesn't he use it?

16. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Wa wa wa waaaaa

17. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Looking at the squad, you've got to start Trapp in these matches. There's not a safer competition to start a player in competitive US matches than Nations League against Canada and Cuba.

Bradley can provide cover off the bench in case things go wrong.

18. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    [moved from YA]

I believe that the obvious intent was for Trapp to take over for Bradley after he received the caps record. He was being groomed all along - named captain, was eased into the role while Bradley took some time off, USSF marketing the heck out of him.

Unfortunately, his played turned downward severely and even the USSF couldn't justify playing him. Now we're back to Mr. Bradley and we have months until the beginning of the Hex. Yikes.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    As the joke goes, you don't have to outrun the bear, you only have to outrun your friends. Being in CONCACAF is like going out there with a bunch of overweight, old friends.

So I won't be too alarmed yet.

Also, it's not like the cliquish nature of the USSF wasn't known to people here. They've always been like that, but focusing everything in Chicago is just making some people more aware of it.

20. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    We've also been one of the two decent teams in the region. We just got played off the field in Canada.

21. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Morales had a good game this weekend. It wasnt perfect, but he looked much better than anyone who Berhalter has played while playing at a higher level. He played with the same fire as he did in the Mexico match, covered a lot of ground, broke up plays and also got forward... He also drew a PK.

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    According to @bshredder , who is a lawyer and soccer journalist, Morales is not really eligible to play for the USA in actual competitions because he wouldn't qualify as per current FIFA rules:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/alfredo-morales-discussion-thread.2105770/#post-38068984

23. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke to a lot of people more qualified than I am about this rule. Morales and Robinson are eligible.

The mistake is that Jens Cajuste is as well - when he was told he wasn't

IndividualEleven repped this.
  24. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
  25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    This needs to be appealed. Thanks for setting the record straight, bshredder.