Wikipedia article help, please

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey all, I'm having a little problem working on the 2009 WPS season page on Wikipedia. I basically need a third (fourth, fifth, whatever) opinion on something. I'm in somewhat of an edit war with one of the other members (who I know has caused conflicts on other articles, too) over whether to include certain statistics. We've been 'discussing' it on the talk page, but haven't come close to an agreement yet; hence the edit war. If we could have other people weigh in on this issue (or just add to the article (and other WPS articles) in general), that would be great.

2. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My opinion is that any statistic that the WPS keeps could be included. The only problem I see with that so far is that on the bottom of their story page, they always state that the stats are "unofficial", which may cause you a problem on wikipedia. But as far as I'm concerned, if the WPS keeps the stat, it's fair game for inclusion in wikipedia.

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Jesus Christ, that guy's a real tool. I read his talk, your talk, the WPS 2009 Season talk. Considering his overwhelming advice spans several other leagues, including the EPL, you may want to consider keeping your own stats/tables/figures someplace other than Wikipedia. Because he doesn't seem like the type that's going to suddenly stop being a pain in your ass.

BigSoccer has a Wiki, and you can always sign up for a blog/site and work out everything there.

That being said ...

I've added my two on the talk page, even if I don't agree 100% with some of the things mentioned/debated, but I would like to see fastest goal/first yellow added back in.

4. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I will be glad to help on your wiki problem. At the same time, I think we should work on making BigSoccer the primary source of information on women's soccer. Not only will it provide info but it will also attract people to sign up for BigSoccer.

What do you say?

BigSoccer has a wiki?

Where?

5. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais