Wide soccer cleats??

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by thegeneral, May 1, 2007.

1. thegeneral

thegeneral New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    I'm looking for suggestions on wide soccer cleats. I've heard that Kelme are wide. I play on turf and sand. Hoping to buy something good with Kangaroo leather. Any suggestions?

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Nike's Total 90 Range. Nike Legends. adidas Wide Fit Predator Absolutes. adidas Wide Fit +F50.7 or +F50.6.

3. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    TF shoes :)

Mundial Team, period

4. thegeneral

thegeneral New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Now I see why Nike took over from companies like Adidas. I live in a city of 5 million people and nobody wants to sell that shoe...not even the Adidas store. Is there an online store that is considered better than others?

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I assume you are US based? Try checking out our list of recommended online shops in the SwapShop Forum -

Online shops to try

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Diadora boots are generally wide as well.

7. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    Puma's ARE wide. I don't get where people come off saying they aren't. (not in this thread, but I've seen it in the past.)

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I wouldn't say the v1's are (obviously) but aside from that the majority of the Puma range accomodates the fatter footed footballer. (Like my aliteration?)

9. thegeneral

thegeneral New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    I'm thinking I'll go with soccer.com. What really pisses me off now though is reading about how a soccer boot should fit. The site says it should be much tighter than a regular shoe in terms of space in front of your toes. I've been to two soccer shops where I live and nobody has told me this before. I'm going to try on the regular FG's first, but I'll order the WF ones. Thanks for all of the input.

10. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    Love it.

Maybe the pair of v1's that Puma sent me are a wide version since the ones I returned were blowing out because of a wide foot.

:eek:

I'm special.

11. widefoot

widefoot Member

Jul 7, 2006
    North Carolina
    Hi General,
    As you can tell by my username, I have the same affliction.
    In years past I have tried almost every rumored wide cleat available for fit (8.5 EEE). I used to wear Pumas in college (70-80's) but I think they changed their last as they no longer are as wide as they once were. Adidas were usually the worst as they were always too tight and caused a turned ankle frequently-like wearing a pair of skates. Diadora, Lotto, Joma, Reebok, Umbro, Puma and Nike all are lacking in a good wide lasted boot. Anyone know different, please respond. I'm all ears as I would like to see if maybe I missed anything that is wide.

Kelme by far makes the best wide cleat (IMO) but not all Kelme's are wide. The versions with the TRX2 or TRX4 last will give you plenty of width. Personally, I have a pair of the Duende Amancio's and a pair of indoor Reyes (now discontinued) and they are really wide. I got 2 extra pairs of the Reyes because they fit well and I didn't want to have to search for new ones post discontinuation. I usually play with the Reyes on turf with good results.

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=128121

You can find some Duende's on eBay usually and they run about 1/2 size small IMHO. I have not seen the Reyes on eBay lately and they run about right in length.

Also, I have tried the Kelme Champion and they are wide (not as wide as the Duende's) and run about right in the length. They are Kangaroo too so they might be something you want to try.

The Master Serena is not advertised as being wide and I have not tried them but they appear in the pics at eurosport to jut out at the wide part of the boot. The Indoor Don's are definitely too tight.

You can also get some soccer cleats from New Balance but they are not really as good a quality (synthetic upper) as the Kelme's (leather) and available in 2E or 4E

I bought a pair of these on line and were not pleased with them.

New Balance 602 Men's Soccer Shoe - SC602BMP
    http://www.nbwebexpress.com/newbalanceSC602BMP.htm

Beyond this there are the Adidas Tunit WL F50.6 or F50.7 (widelast) and Adidas Predator WF (all have recently been lowered in price)

Been a while since I tried Adidas but one of these might be my next wide footed purchase:
    http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=239693
    http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=259159
    http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=263799

Good Luck and Hope this helped :)

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Really? Bloody hell, mine feel as tight as a pair of Vapors! Granted I do wear my v1's half a size small, going against just about every v1 wearer in the forum!

13. follend

follend New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The widest boot i have had is the Joma Granada, its definitely as wide as the the Kings if not wider. But the best thing about them is that thay are wider in the toebox compared to the kings and the Nike AZT III for that matter.

14. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think that the Puma's toe width or unpointy toebox is wide. My foot is wide and my foot really only fits Puma boots properly.

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Fila Forza K-Leather...oh what a great shoe.

16. follend

follend New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    don't get me wrong the kings toebox is not pointy comparet to most other boots but the Joma Granadas is even less pointy and thereby fits my some what square'ish toes better

17. JOEnadinho

JOEnadinho Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Puma cellerator, the softest k-leather and the cheapest(under 100usd now).
    Diadora Maximus, a bit wider than cellerator.
    How wide is the new Tiempo dinho? Any one?

18. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    i didnt want to start a new thread so here it is..

i have really wide feet.. like 4d.. thats dang wide...

so what kinds of cleats would be good then? and are umbros wide?

19. Tarzanman

Tarzanman New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I have wide feet (9.5-10, EE by the US scale), and I did a lot of hunting around on the forums looking for suggestions for cleats.

I would have gotten some Kelme shoes with TRX4(?) on them, but Kelme shoes have been hard to come by here in Atlanta.

I tried on the Nike 90's and the Predators and many other models that were suggested. The most comfortable non-wide shoes I tried on were the Kangaroo leather Puma Kings.

In the end I bought a pair of Joma Cordobas that are 1/2 a size big. (I got 10's) They aren't *wide* shoes, but they are wider than some other models, and the soles are big & wide enough to accommodate my foot.

I got them for a pretty good price since this model has been replaced, so I will keep hunting for the Kelmes

20. ArsenalCesc4

ArsenalCesc4 Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Argentina
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hi!! Im from Argentina. Awesome forum you have here. First of all, sorry for my english.
    I need to buy new cleats, I want to buy the Nike CTR360 Maestri. I was on the web page of NikeFootball and I went to "Bootfinder". The Bootfinder "tool" says that I have a wide foot, and I am...I have a wide foot, the right one is more large and wide than the left one.
    So, this Bootfinder "tool" choose the Nike CTR360 Maestri as the best cleat for me. I know, this "shitty" Bootfinder "thing" its not the best way to choose a cleat. But, my question is: The Nike Ctr360 Maestri are good for people with wide foot? Does the Kanga Lite stretches??
    I don´t know if I need to know any scale for measurin the width of your foot

Thanks!!!

21. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Next time check the post date (2007) and don't bump old threads

22. ChelseaFC4Lyfe

ChelseaFC4Lyfe New Member

May 24, 2009
    Atlanta, Ga
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try the miadidas site. i know thy can do different size and widths for the left and right foot.

23. petersh

petersh New Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 23, 2018
    I was looking for soccer shoes for my wide feet. It is not easy. I found PUMA Men's Evo-power Vigor 1 FG on this guide is the best for me. Even he mentioned some pros and cons that do not help me a lot

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Puma Future 18.1 are a really nice wide boot. The toe box is lovely and round with loads of space really nice boot too.

appleCORR