Wide Feet - Which common cleats are best?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by garbaggio, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    Hopefully the mods won't delete this as it doesn't seem to exactly fit any of the other threads.

I'm an older dude (a reeeeeally old dude to some of you) who refs and still plays weekend pickup and in a sunday rec league.

I turned 50 last year and found out my feet have started growing again! Mostly getting wider.

Not just cleats, but Adidas Sambas, running shoes and dress shoes all squeeze me tighter now especially on the pinky side of the toes. My size 10 Adidas Puntero cleats that fit well last year (and are still in good shape) get pretty excruciating by the end of a 90-minute game.

What commonly available brands / models fit best for others with wide feet?

I'm not looking for a shoe that is supposed to turn me into Lio Messi just one that fits better. I've probably gone through at least 20 pairs of cleats in my life (some good, some lousy) and don't think I've spent more than about $70 bucks or so.

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You are going to want to shoot for something with a wider forefoot and a more rounded toe box. Each brand makes a few boots or silos that tick the boxes. If you going to spend $70 or less you actually might find more in the realm of good for you fits because less expensive boots tend to be less streamlined.

The NitroCharge line from adidas or the 11Pro line might work for you. The Predator is more pointed and narrow in the forefoot, so I'd stay away. Same with the F50, unless you go leather, but they are north of $150.oo..

At Nike you will get a more rounded toe in general than adidas. The HyperVenom line is pretty round, and so are the Legend IV. The newer Legend line is more narrow in the toe, but could stretch. If you want to plump for a little more than the $70.00 The Nike Premier is a great boot at $100.00-ish and very rounded. Sizing up is a must on this though.

The PowerCat or EvoPower lines from Puma would suit you as well.

garbaggio repped this.
  3. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We put together a guide a couple of months ago that has a lot of the current boots and the types of foot width they accommodate: Football Boots for Wide Feet

Hope you find it useful!

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Paisano!!

What's your budget like? Dr. boots knows what he is talking about.

5. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Asics has specific wide feet boots...

6. Juneh

Juneh New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Tiempo legend 5
    Nike premier
    Nike hupervenom
    Adidas copa mundial
    Adidas 11pro
    Puma evo power

7. striker2222

striker2222 New Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Prior to the powerswerve, Predators have been my go to shoes and they were all able to accomodate my wide feet. Those were all K leather as well, which probably help.

Most of the new shoes seem to emphasize the narrower aerodynamic forefoot that is a real nightmare for duck feet like me. The fake leathers, however eye-catching and light, just make it worse.

Jonny98 and gusgorman repped this.