Wich city should get a MLS team?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by toot86, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    which city?

any city that builds a sss and has patient deep-pocketed owner.

3. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    I didn't suggest that Ft Wayne should have an MLS team either did I? Oh, by the way, who was your home grown World Cup star in Korea?

4. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    st louis over boston? do you have an nba team.....or an mls one?

5. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Not sure what you mean.......?
    I'm not in St Louis, just like the city for it's support of teams. As for Boston area, you already have a team in the Revs, no matter how much we'd all like them to go away :p

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You have to wear a condom anyway don't you..? You sound like a dick and probably look like one so to be safe you'd better wear one.

I can tell you've spent a lot of time in Seattle Dorothy..?, or did you see it from the top of the last twister you went by on..?

7. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Re: Re: Wich city should get a MLS team?

No kidding. What a complete tool. Seattle has some of the best Spring to Fall weather in the USA. Since MLS doesn't play a Winter schedule (when it rains in the Pacific NW) weather should actually be a DRAW for Seattle.

8. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Anyone of the following would be a great city to house a MLS franchise:

Baltimore
    Trenton/Philly
    Milwaukee
    Seattle
    Toronto
    Montreal
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Hartford

9. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very well said. i guess whatever podunk town in georgia clint mathis is from should have an MLS team, too.

go fort wayne pistons.

10. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK so I voted with my heart for San Antonio. So sue me for that one (can't you blame me);). But I feel that the cities should be:

1. Rochester
    2. Seattle
    3. Houston
    4. Minnesota (Minneapolis/St. Paul)

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok now lets not bring Canada into this, A-League already made that mistake IMHO. See Soccer leagues focus on ONE country unlike all the other American sports who incoporate Canadian cities like we're one country. I dunno I just don't wanna see it. anyone with me...

12. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really like montreal. great town. lovely poutine.

13. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Being from St. Louis, I'm glad to see it mentioned so much, but unfortunately I have to admit it will be a while before it gets consideration. There's really no appropriate stadium for them. You've got the downtown stadiums which aren't set up for soccer and are too big anyway. Then, you've got soccer park, which is too small.

I do think the city and surrounding areas would support a team, and likely support it more strongly than most current MLS cities. I just don't see anything happening until some money man starts the ball rolling by building a place to play.

14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Atlanta. WUSA draws well there.

15. FWSCKEEPER

FWSCKEEPER New Member

Aug 22, 2001
    The Summit City
    Re: Re: Wich city should get a MLS team?

Hey I know Cory Has had a few too many cups of Coffee this morning, but dont be talkin' bad about The Fort.

16. denalimn

denalimn New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Minnesota
    Minneapolis would be a pretty good choice. There is a stadium in the northern suburbs that could easily be brought up to standards -- though it might be a bit small. Our A-League team regularly draws in the 3,000-4,000 range -- more when MLS teams come calling.

17. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    Tampa, a longer way down the line. Providing they get a stadium built. In the next couple of years my vote is for Philadelphia and possibly something nearer the south like Atlanta.

18. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I didn't say anything about Seattle, I think that would be a good place to play if MLS had a stadium to play in, and not an astroturf football stadium. 25,000? maybe because all the Seattle seahawks fans wanted to get a look at their new stadium and this was the first chance? That number isn't impressive, give me the season avg for the sounders then we can start talking. Although I was impressed with the turnout for the Honduras friendly earlier in the summer up in Seattle.

Rochester came from everyone that says move to Rochester..what they get about 10 or 11,000 a game? aren't those the kind of numbers that get bashed in the attendance threads..

19. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    How about DC? We deserve an MLS team.

Sachin

20. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    From what I hear, MLS will have a decent following in Winston-Salem or Greensboro.

21. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    Philly then your city.

Noone mentioned Atlanta, Indianapolis, Birmingham (Alabama Slammers), San Diego, or Sacramento.

22. jmcclain19

jmcclain19 New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    AZ, US
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about the soccer following here in phoenix, fans here tend to border cali fans with their malaise toward any sports teams. I lived in Chapel Hill for a few years and soccer is def. ingrained in the whole Triangle area-Def. would be a kick ass place for MLS to go....Portland and Seattle have awesome sports fans for any sport....but not here in the desert. And we def. don't need to be doubling up any cities yet.

23. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I voted for New York because:

1. I want Metro out of GS, and if the Harrison stadium project goes south, I'd like the team to move east -- into NYC, maybe Aqueduct,if that's still a possibility -- far away from the NJSEA.

2. The other places are TOO DARNED HOT in the summer for decent soccer.

24. SoccerSD

SoccerSD Member

Mar 2, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    San Diego.

25. DAKCrew

DAKCrew New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    Seattle I think would be the best bet, maybe St. Louis. Cleveland would be better though. We need an Ohio derby.