Why they hate us

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sachin, Nov 24, 2004.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I'm thankful for Pitor the Great deciding that DC was the place to make his mark. I'm thankful for the incompetence of every other team on 95, for the Crew keeping Andrulis, for the Laxatives hiring Mr. 3-6-1, and for everybody else who is doing their best to ensure that DC United will repeat as champions.

2. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, to hear the quiet 'thunk' of a needle hitting fresh vinyl again...

3. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Probably not too many, but that's what makes it cool. :D

4. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Give it a couple more months of offseason and all the vitriol that everyone is currently being spewed inward on the other boards will probably start getting directed back this way again.

Especially after we keep dropping in on the infighting on the other boards and reminding them how good our team was this year, how loud and fun our supporters clubs are, and how our front office supports us. Right now it's nasty out there. Have you even looked into the Metros, Crew, or Dallas boards??? Yikes!

5. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Even when we were bad we were the face of MLS to the world. MLS is DCU's world and the other teams are the Washington Generals.

6. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    I'm thankful somebody finally won that damn thing

7. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Talley, Moreno (a cheeky backheel), Olsen and Wood. We had a blast that night. The only bad part was that we ended their then-record goalless streak when Crcic scored thanks to an early penalty. That was also the game when Petke got his second yellow for kissing the ball and handing it back to the ref after being called for the foul.

Oh, and I'm thankful for my spreadsheet!

8. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    So much to be thankful for--and so little bandwidth!

--that Uncle Phil sees something no-one else does and continues to invest millions, nay--tens of millions with a beatific smile on his face that says "I know something you don't and I'm in this for the long haul."
    --that little Nick Rimando came up big against the Revs.
    --that I got to see this championship year without a dirt infield (and that RFK is a sweet place to play and watch soccer).
    --that a DC United home game is the best place to be in the entire USA if you want a manic crowd that knows the sport, makes their presence felt and creates a magical experience.
    --that Jaime Moreno not only didn't quit last year when everone was probably telling him he should, but that he got a maniac for a personal trainer and worked harder than he's ever worked in his life.
    --that Eddie Mason retired from the NFL and decided to become a personal trainer (see above).
    --that Ryan Nelsen is such a class act and that I got to see him play for a couple of years.
    --that maybe the two best leaders of men in the young history of MLS--Bruce Arena and Piotr Nowak--have both coached my favorite team. And that MLS is a coaches' league--where having a great coach--trumps all other edges.
    --that for a fan who appreciates hard work, attacking play and crisp one-touch passing, I get to root for a team that has players like Ben Olsen, Brian Carroll, Alecko Eskandarian, Josh Gros, and formerly Earnie Stewart.

9. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    There's an irony to that somewhere...

10. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    Grateful to have been a part of that manic crowd, especially at the 2nd Metros and Revs games.

To have shared this season with my son, hopefully a camaraderie and experience he will remember for a lifetime.

Mark

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the teams you mentioned. No self respecting person would associate with those troglodytes. I avoid those forums like the plague.

I honestly don't think people hate you guys anymore though. And one championship isn't going to change that. Maybe if you run from forum to forum claiming that your team was the best in the league, but even then, it hate would stem from your delusion rather then the fact that your team is dominant. Sadly, those years are over.

I personally have been rooting for you guys ever since my crappy team got a well deserved vacation. It's hard to hate a Nowak managed squad.

12. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, the memories are long in this infant league. The hate still burns.

13. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Very true. The entire Eastern Conference (with the exception of Chicago), the Galaxy, and Dallas all hate us greatly. The Dallas hatred is the only one that's new...

14. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC

why the tittle of the thread is " why they hate us " ? ... who hate us ?

15. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    old timer here, I had a few of those too, know exactly what that is

16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don;t be too full of yourself,,,I hate all the teams that play the Revs equally, your nothing special;)