why the football lines?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by soccerfan, Sep 18, 2003.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am just watching the Revs-Rapids , their field looks superb no bootball line whatsoever not even a hint or shadow. Aren't they share this field with their football team ? am i missing something here, are we in a different class another planet perhaps.

2. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering about that myself, but I imagine they put a little extra effort in covering them up since this is a nationally televised match of the week. They did a good job.

3. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of the game, what does attendance look like? It sounds fairly animated in there...16K for a Thursday night?

4. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been over three weeks since the last Patriots home game. During warm weather that's enough time for the grass to grow and the lines to be mowed off.

5. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    next Thursday we host DCU on ESPN2 , will they care that its nationaly televised ? i wish

6. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    Actually first thing I noticed turning on the game in the 20th minute were shadowy football lines

7. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Originally this game was to be shown live at 7:30pm. Then the WWC was shifted to the US and that forced the game to shown on tape delay at 1am Friday morning. If this isn't a good enough reason for fans to get off their keisters and come out to the stadium Thursday night, I don't know what is.

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could clearly see the 40 yard marker. The field does look great though. Especially considering that you can see the soccer lines. Where were those during the Metros game last week? I don't mind seeing football lines as long as you can clearly see the soccer ones as well, but that wasn't the case. Hopefully it'll be a bit better on Saturday. But most importantly, I just want a damn win.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What is "bootball"? I checked google and the only useful reference I found didn't seem to indicate any lines

11. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy, so much effort so little contribution, and yes i missed that, anything else you like to add on the topic ?

12. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone actually catch the broadcast of the game last weekend, or was it just me hearing JP and Shep say that the grounds crew couldn't do anything about the football lines, due to the heavy rain and the fact that the Jets game was the next day?
    I don't like it either, but at least it's plausible. If they took the lines off for us, they'd have to re-apply them in fairly short order for the NFL, and that can't be too easy (or too effective) in the middle of a torrential rainstorm that goes on all night.

13. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    Re: Re: why the football lines?

Great, now we have to play the next game with a tall ass fence in the middle of the field.

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm just wonder what bootball is and why there'd be bootball lines on a soccer field. Can you help?

15. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i guess it was just you, we were at the stadium watching the game, the explanation makes sense thanks

16. Sccrlvr27

Sccrlvr27 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Re: Re: why the football lines?

Actually i think that its a typo... he probably ment football.

17. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    If there are lines tonight or Thursday, no excuse will be acceptable. No NFL in Giants tomorrow and none till 4:15PM next Sunday. Plenty of time to put them down after the match against DC.