Why T&T will beat Paraguay

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Renegade, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    T&T will beat Paraguay because we must. England must beat Sweden and we must beat Paraguay by two goals.

2. Warrior10

Warrior10 New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Canada
    - We will come out with guns blazing

- We know this is the last chance to give it our all

- Latapy should get a run

3. Reaper2004

Reaper2004 New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Trinidad & Tobago
    its a do or die game fellas just like the Bahrain 2nd leg play-off

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    good luck men!
    Si se puede!

5. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Or you can beat Paraguay by one goal and still pass if England beat Sweden 2-0.

Actually, if that happens, then I think FIFA will have to draw lots, as goal difference, total number of goals, and head-to-head results cancel each other out.

Not to mention the fact that Paraguay will be very hungry for a win, too.

6. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Just like the must win against Guatemala at home, Panama away, Mexico at home, Bahrain away and now Paraguay.

The question is....can we do it?? Yes I think we will do it. When our backs are against the wall, we rise to the occasion. You will see a possessed Stern John next Tuesday. He will score a goal!:)

7. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I think he will. There's a reason why we didn't see in the 2 games aagianst Sweden and England. Beenhakker's masterstroke against Sweden and England were to play for a draw and then go all out against Paraguay. With Sweden he was successful and we almost had England too. Oh so close.:(

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    We hold our destiny in our hands we must beat Paraguay by 2 clear goals. of course 3 would be even better:)

9. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    Per Beenakker the reason that he did not play Latapy was because he believed that we would have to win possession in the midfield against the Swedes and the English. If we have a good share of possession of the ball against Paraguay then, I expect to see Latas in early and we will be looking for the two or three goals.

I really hope that we start with Glenn, because I can see lots of early crosses with Avery John back in the line up. Then we should have lots of back passes from Stern John to Latas, Yorke and of course Glenn. I expect a dynamic attack with Yorke and Latapy up the middle, and Edwards and A. John pushing up the wings. I see lots of balls being passed to a streaking Glenn either directly up the middle or along the sideline. This has the potential to be the most exciting match in this group.:D

10. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As one T&T banner said - "GOD IS FROM TRINIDAD"

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Trini is gonna beat Ecuador 1-0

12. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    you guys forget that T&T has to open up in order to score, and that will give paraguay lots of room to score as well.

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Wellcome back to the real world.

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So much for that, good try T&T.. respectful performance at your 1st WC

15. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA

Yes it was a good run. Great game by Paraguay, they had every reason not to play but they played with heart and pride. I feel much better about this game than the loss to England. I was very proud of T&T especially in the second half when they pressured and had chance after chance. Great game by both teams, and the people of Paraguay and T&T should be very proud of their teams.