Why so long for Mulrooney's rehab?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Jambon, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    As I see players like Jon Busch and Jason Kreis playing already after blowing out knees at around the same time last year as Mulrooney, I have gotten curious why Mulrooney's rehab seems to be taking considerably longer than these players. Is it:

-original injury much worse?
    -reinjury of knee during rehab?
    -knee not responding to rehab as hoped?

It's kind of making me nervous. Is there any information on his condition besides "hope to dress by end of April?"

2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was the clean out of scar tissue that slowed it down. Sometimes they don't have to do that, sometimes they do. It happened to Kreis the time he blew out his knee here in Dallas too.

3. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    The extra recovery time is from Mulrooney continuing to play on the blown knee for several minutes before coming out of the game. His massive quantums of heart have screwed us by increasing the damage. DAMN YOU MULROONEY!!!!

;)

4. hhaire

hhaire New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mckinney,Tx
    If I remember correctly, at the Kick off Lunch back in March, Richard said "I am hoping to be back at the end of April or the beginning of May."

Also injuries can "be the same" but in actually be so different. Also when someone does their rehab their injury may not take as well as otheres. I have had surgery on both my knee and shoulder back in high school. Junior year on the shoulder and I am in my second year of my freshman year, and I can still not bench as much as I could before I was cut into.

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I remember attending a practice during playoffs and Mulrooney was there running and doing rehab work (by himself). He worked solidly for about 90 minutes IIRC. After seeing him run as much and as hard as he was I would've expected him to be ready for the start of the season five months later. I'm surprised he isn't ready. That must *suck* to be injured for that long, to be running like that for several months, and not be allowed/ready to play. A lot of guys would've given up and "retired" into coaching. Kudos to Richard for really sticking to a tough rehab stint

6. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    When his scheduled return?

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he is just now back to that same point after the second procedure.

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there isn't one. Richard said he is shooting for making the bench at the end of April.

9. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Thanks - I didn't realize he had a second op. I'm only halfway paying attention...

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was to clena out scar tissues. Kreis had the same second op when he hurt his knee when still in Dallas.