Why send Jason Kries to RSL?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SoccerPro843, Dec 3, 2004.

1. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    Did they give Jason Kries to REaL Salt Lake because of his so-so 2004 performance. If I was Greg Elliot, I'd think about you know he did set the new goal record and everything!? Why didn't he even start a lot of games?

2. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    you think this is an old guy just trying to stir up trouble theo????? :)

3. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Kreis did not score very many goals in 2004, and although his level of effort was decent, his goal per game was so far down the table, that there are probably defenders that scored more than he did.

It was too bad. Perhaps he was coming off his injury all year, and next season he will be back on starting form. But, the General Manager didn't want him around, and Clarke didn't want to go against the GM, so he's gone.

I hope RSL is good to him, and he finishes his MLS career on a high note, whenever that is. But FCD needed his cap room to sign someone who is going to score 15 goals or more a season, and he was not going to do that.

4. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jason might have had a hand in the decision as well. With EJ playing to his potential, and the team looking for a new striker with a MPA, he was not ging to start, and his playing time would be down. RSL could have seemed like a godsend to him.

I agree, Viking, it is too bad. Even so, the team must come before the player.

Cheers!
    Sir Drinxalot

5. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO, very likely.

6. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX