why not mls for ISR NT?

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by film2112, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  2. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i dont know about dayan but i have always said that melamed should get a call for the israel NT

3. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS is not low. They're medium. :cool:

4. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Melamed never even played for the seniors of Maccabi Haifa, how do you expect him to get called up to the NT?

Cause he played for a NCAA team??

5. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Be a man and actually make a medium level tables and have the game played as is...with relegation!

6. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS example is overall superior to the relegation system. It prevents the opportunity for a few clubs to be an elite and winning everything all the time thus making it more competetive with everyone having the possibility of winning the championship, it saves clubs who are weaker in terms of attendance from going out of business, and one day when football becomes more popular in the states it will make the league and its clubs more independent to get rid of those ugly sponsorships that are on the kits(Americans don't like advertisments uniforms).
    Even if system has some drawbacks, it works best for us over here.

7. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    !
    In other ways, what the MLS is, is a North American type sport!

Look at your fridge, theres only 2 main companies that you would probably buy cola from. Coca Cola and Pepsi. Why? Cause everyone wants a huge share.

Now look at the Yankess or the Red Sox? Or the LA kings? they have such a huge market that they dont want a smaller team with them. Sure some cities have 2 teams, but relegation is too much. Our sport is ultra and our sport is the best, thats why the Majors in NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL is ultra. And like Sprite, Fanta or Aquafina (that im guzzling down before my exam), they are controlled by Pepsi/Coca Cola. Much like the AAA, AA Triple A and all those farm teams are owned by the Majors!

No one is owning Crystal Palace and no one is owning Wiggan.

8. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drink Dr. Pepper. :p

What do you mean your sport is ultra? What do you mean by ultra?

Your right...except that sponsor that's on their jersey. :D

9. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Mls is not low anymore, cannuck. It used to be about 5 seasons ago, but I just say Galazy play Chivas and it was a damn good game, dame good play and damn good players. I wish, WISH that M. Haifa could play at that level.

(maybe they could with some decent condtioning. They are too out of shape)

ps Kappa the cannuck, what do you think about J. Roneck going to the kings this season? Everyone here in la thinks its like manna from heaven, but i think he's several seaasons past his prime .

10. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Dr. Pepper is owned by Pepsi.
    Sprite is owned by Coca Cola..
    look carefully in the name brands!

Ultra as the Major Leauge sports in the U.S. No one can actually compete with it. Only the best make it and there is no relegation which improves the level, but in soccer its hard to do this. This is what im reffering to. As much as Basketball Europe is taking off, there peanuts compared to the worst team in the NBA - The La Clippers :D

Noorth American sports are so rich that you dont need to have sponsorship! They make royalties off easy merchandise!

11. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Canuck!??! :confused:
    Im Israeli :D

And Jeremy Roneck!?!? yea..he's good.
    This seasons is gonna be the tighest and most messed up. All the players are going everywhere.

:) But the Leafs have the Big E :) Mista Lindros! So he can take down Jeremy anytime

Freakin' Roneck! Beat him up for what he did for the leafs in 2003 Playoffs

12. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Given the choice between arguing here about the level of MLS and banging my head against a brick wall, I would take the brick wall. The headache would be less severe, and completely gone in time for the Metro-Chivas match on Sunday.

13. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Chivas USA play is just like banging your head up against the wall anyways. :p

14. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i never even heard about a team named Chivas....

15. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Yes, Sprite is owned by Coke, but pretty much everybody knows and nobody cares.
    But, Dr. Pepper is owned by Cadburry Scheppes, though it is often bottled by a local/regional Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottler. This ensures it has a wider distribution, and in a few areas, you will see both Coke and Pepsi machines with Dr. Pepper in them. The same goes for 7-Up, another Cadbury Product.

And North American teams have sponsorships too, but in a less direct way. Often times the owner invests a lot more of his own capital, and sometimes the owner is a tremendous corporation, such as Disney, when they owned the Anaheim Angels and Mighty Ducks, and Time Warner, when they owned all the Turner properties, like the Braves and Thrashers.

Plus, believe it or not, a lot of American sports teams (especially MLS) lose money on a regular basis, but makes up for it through the owner's cash or recieve tax subsidies from the cities they play in.

Also, don't lose faith in MLS. By and large, it's gotten better, and though there still some tedious games, there is an equal share of spectacular, and some generally exciting teams like DC United. Maybe you will give it a chance if the proposed expansion to Toronto goes through?

16. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I guess you missed the last World Cup where a team with numerous MLS players performed fairly well? Or seen players like Ryan Nelsen go into European sides and excel?

17. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Great!

Another Anti-Kappa thread. How did everyone turn there backs against me..

Your all Anti-Semetic! Just like Colorado :)

Now how about some precious Good Reps for your fella friend, Kappa! :)

18. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    i have seen Melamed play multiple times, once live. he is not at the Israeli NT level, yet. maybe when EURO 2008 qual. come around he will be fit to play with our boys.

19. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

When he will get a chance to play in the Seniors level of his boyhood football club than we speak! Kappish :D

20. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    Chivas along with Real Salt Lake are two brand new clubs to MLS this year:
    Code:

New England	23	12	5	6	42	40	25	15
    Kansas City	24	11	5	8	41	43	31	12
    Chicago	25	12	10	3	39	41	41	0
    D.C. United	22	11	6	5	38	36	23	13
    MetroStars	23	8	7	8	32	35	32	3
    Columbus	21	6	12	3	21	19	32	-13
    western conference

San Jose	22	10	4	8	38	33	25	8
    FC Dallas	21	10	6	5	35	37	29	8
    Los Angeles	23	9	9	5	32	27	27	0
    Colorado	23	8	11	4	28	29	28	1
    Real Salt Lake	22	5	13	4	19	23	44	-21
    Chivas USA	23	3	17	3	12	22	48	-26

these are the standings, so clearly, Chivas USA doesn NOT represent what the best that MLS has to offer

21. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    hey Im no footie genius, but if you think that ligat HaAL leauge play is better than MLS, then please, please send me a private IM. I need to get a hold of your dealer.

22. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS = Ligat ha'Al

Trust me, Ligat ha'Al in Israel has it's share of crappy games as well: Hapoel Upper Nazareth vs. Hapoel Be'er Sheva, Hapoel Kfar Saba vs. Bnei Sakhnin, anyone vs. Maccabi Ahi Nazareth.

Alot of people in Israel give MLS no credit because most Israelis seem to think that they know more about football than any American footy fan which is also not true. Israel has achieved much less in football and probably never will achieve what the US can achieve in ten years time. I'm sure that would have been different if Israel had played in the AFC because we probably would have qualified for some of the past world cups.

As much as I love Maccabi Haifa, the national team, and the lower leagues, it is not to the extent that I can't be fair when judging it. Comparing the US football league to Liga Artzit is pathetic. Liga Artzit teams sign players from the US Maccabiah team which most of those players can't even make A-league clubs.

The Americans play a much faster game with much more athleticism, while Israeli clubs play a bit slower but with a lot of techinal skill. Two different leagues. Though I am still baffeled as to why anyone ever signed Guy Melamed to a club there!?!

23. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    They are not a team; they sell liquor.

btw, who is Chivas owned by?

24. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

owned by Jorge Vergara, who also owns Chivas of Guadalajara in Mexico and FC Saprissa in Costa Rica.

Rumor is Melamed will be getting released this week.

Guy Melamed - $28,000.00

That's his salary for the season. That's the minimum for a non-developmental player