Why not have DMB shoot (why no hattrick?)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by rtung, Jul 17, 2005.

1. rtung

rtung Member

Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago, IL, USA
    With the score 3-1 and in the 90th minute, why not have DMB try for the hat trick from the penalty spot?

2. Anteater10

Anteater10 New Member

Dec 31, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping to see JOB take the PK but a DMB hat trick woulda been tight also

3. igot5onit

igot5onit New Member

May 4, 2005
    Los angeles
    why is donovan so greedy with freekicks,PK, and corners?. why cant he let other guys hit like like mastro or JOB

4. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    He is the best on the team. Beasley, the only penalty I've ever seen him take is the one for PSV, and it was awful.

5. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is the man. But it would have been nice to see JOB take the PK to spread the wealth and build his confidence.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Perhaps the PK was offered to DMB, and he wanted LD to take it? We never know these things.

7. Dixie

Dixie New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Tallahassee, Florida
    I'm all for giving the guy who drew the penalty, the PK. But I have no trouble with Landon taking it though since he usually buries them.

8. Captain10

Captain10 Member

Jul 26, 2000
    Marietta, GA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually prefer someone OTHER than the person that was fouled to take the PK, although I would have liked to see JOB take it anyway since there was really nothing on the line.

Beasley is not our best option for PKs (he missed one this year at PSV in a shootout and I don't think his dead ball shooting is the best) and think it's good *practice* for Donovan at this point. However, he's got to concentrate more and bury it -- and least put it on frame and make the keeper save it.

On the other hand, in this particular situation, I probably would have let Beasley take it anyway to go for the hattrick...