Why not Grabavoy to Colorado?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by denver_mugwamp, Jun 30, 2005.

1. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    This thread here discusses the possible trade of Grabavoy to Chicago. I've always wondered why the Rapids don't go after him. He could step right in to the attacking midfield spot and not have to worry about a whole lot of competition. He'd be welcomed with open arms by the fans. It would be the soccer equivalent of a teenager's dad giving him the keys to the car with a full tank of gas, a pack of rubbers, and telling him not to worry too much about the curfew.

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Clavijo would in fact bring him to Colorado and say, "Son, you're in charge of the offense" I'd be all for him coming here. However, I don't see that happening. I'm not sure Nkong and Grabavoy are that different, and we've seen how he's playing Nkong.

I like Grabavoy, I have since college, and I'd like to see him in Colorado, but I'm not sure we can give anything to LA they need.

3. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even Denton? We should at least offer them Wolde.

4. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll offer the entire scrap heap to LA for Grabavoy. They can have Denton, Wolde, Cullen, and I'll even throw in Luchi just for good measure. At least with those guys gone, Clavijo wouldn't be tempted to play them (or start them...)

5. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    You bunch of botards!!!

We'll never get Grabavoy!!!

Why? Because he's a MIDFIELDER. That just goes against team policy! ;) :D