Why no Rivaldo interest from Arse?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bigtoga, Sep 26, 2003.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    With the new Rivaldo rumors, we in the Manchester United forum were wondering why Wenger's name hasn't been mentioned with respect to the Rivaldo ordeal.

Any ideas?

I mean, really... if Wenger can't see Pires dive from a few yards away, Rivaldo seems the perfect match!

;)

PS - I'm just kidding so settle down :) Just a little joking around among forums

2. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I was actually going to ask the Mancs the same question: with Rivaldo, you could have a whole new concept; synchronized pairs diving!

On a more serious note, maybe Sperzz will get him as they claim they "almost" had him the last time he was on the market. *L*

Sperzz: In "the running" on every major transfer move.

Zidane - "We were in there until the last moment"
    Figo - "Oh, we were very close with him"
    Ronaldhino - "Boy were we close on that one"
    and, of course, the big one:

Campbell - "We were very close. In fact, we actually had him. But then he made some very exorbitant demands, like we actually win a trophy every 2 decades or so, but bloody Arsenal had to come in with all of their trophies, and European football every year. A shame, really, when you think of the impact 15 years of mid table obscurity could have had on his career."

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    serious wages with rivaldo~

4. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Overpaying for a player and then playing that player alot? Sound like SOP for manu.

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    No, no, no - you have it all backwards! High wages and then making the player disappear sounds like us!

By the way - anyone seen Barthez lately? He hasn't even been on the Reserves bench for the last two matches...

6. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Toomanypenny.

7. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I think I saw Barthez in line to apply at Barnum & Bailey's, and he kept muttering something about "how can the US's third choice be ahead of France's #1", or something to that effect.

The U.S. Men's National Team: Official Top-Notch Goalkeeper Supplier to the English Premier League.

8. scudly

scudly New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Floriduh
    Haha, the thing that annoyed me the most is how Bobby Convey's move got axed because they said he wasn't that important and/or didn't play that many nat'l team matches. When he's been in some 13 Nat'l team matches and Tim Howard had been in oh..3?

Shows yet again how the big boys can 'buy' a player and/or the work permit.

9. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    arsenal has no money at the moment.

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    That move getting axed could be the best thing ever to happen to Bobby Convey's career.

He has been rescued from a career of mid-table obscurity by the labor laws of Great Britain, until a club with some "pull" can get him across the pond to a more successful side.

11. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Howard got his permit via an EU passport (his or his parents, not sure which).

12. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    The rules on those are pretty loose, as I understand it, especially if you have a direct relative with any tie to Europe that's still living.

That's what derailed my career: my family has been in the State's since the 1700's, so I couldn't get an EU Passport. Oh, wait, that's not what derailed my career. It's the fact that at 14 I realized that this bod was way more suited to American football than the game of our continental counterparts. Now the bod is more suited to watching sports on TV. And drinking beer every now and again.

OK, I confess, I was a TOOL on the pitch, a defender with nothing more in my bag than some questionable tactics that even Wenger couldn't defend and speed that could be more accurately calculated with a calendar. Offensive Tackle was a much more suitable position for moi.