why must the irish always be associated with fighting

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by has personal problem, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    This is just so funny... add to Connolly and Dev the fact that Patrick was, what... English? Roman?

And you want to hear an odd coincidence? A lot of Irish Americans are Catholic.

2. has personal problem

Sep 19, 2003
    i know im walkin into trouble with this but whats the point of a discussion if the topic is being so rigidly controlled by the mods. what about free speech, the topic is not offensive or anything, let the conversation flow maat

my two cents on the topic, if you were born in ireland, lived there for the majority of your life or scored a goal for us in the wc, then your irish

3. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Stop talking, please.

4. has personal problem

Sep 19, 2003
    sorry but free speech and all, im entitled to my own opinion

5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think we (the mods) have let this topic go quite far and we have only intervened once or twice to keep it on topic. After all, you were the one to bring it up and surely this is what you would want us to do.
    We are also not here to serve people's egos.

6. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually the movie was based as quite closely on real people and real events and if anything it did not show how bad those events, gang battles and riots actually were.
    It was also very close in how the politics and the fire brigads, etc, operated.
    They were paid by insurance companies according to who showed up first so they often fought each other even if it meant a building burned.
    The gangs they named in the movie were actual gangs such as the "Dead Rabbits", which was an Irish gang.
    Bill the Butcher was very close to the actual person even in his skill with a knife. His funeral was one of the largest in the history of NYC.
    Thousands died in the draft riots that lasted for a week, and large numbers of African Americans lost their lives to the mobs.
    The intial battle scene of the movie was based on a real battle but the real battle had a lot more people involved.

7. has personal problem

Sep 19, 2003
    fair enough mr ted although i did not start the what constitutes being irish bit

can i do anything to have the yellow card rescinded, appeal, tv evidence, bribe for officials?

8. sporting-celtic

Jun 22, 1999
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Rescind the card Ted. I don't understand why he got one in the first place. I’ve seen some serious diarrhea post in the past (remember) and no cards.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. This board seems to have a few elite posters who can get away with all sorts of crap but god help someone who's not in the posse.

Funny how this thread has a “Gangs of New York” side to it, maybe Freud was right.

9. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sorry, but I didnt give him the Yellow and it wasnt given for posts here in the Irish forum. Our dear friend was causing some unpleasantness in some other forum.

As for the Ireland forum mods and not being even handed, well we have only issued one yellow in the last year and that was for obvious trolling. We have intervened when personal attacks were going on a short while ago but gladly everyone came to their senses. We tend to let topics flow and try to keep them on topic rather than injecting too often.

10. sporting-celtic

Jun 22, 1999
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Fair enough.

11. chicago1

chicago1 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 6, 2003
    fuuck off you stupid ass. Your personal problem is your a a *#*#*#*#ing *#*#*#*#. Cram a frozen hot dog up up your ass, you fruit. your sister is a slut. She sucked my black dick yesterday afternoon. queer. Yea you.

12. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Re: Re: why must the irish always be associated with fighting

With all the intellect of a senile chicken... nice American Football team, btw... nice to see the Pack bitch slap them, btw

13. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    why must the irish always be associated with fighting?

yeah! i prefer to associate the irish with drunken singing!

14. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Okay, this has degraded into mindless personal attacks, so I'm left with no choice but to close the thread. If you wish to continue your discussion you can do so via PM's or elsewhere.