Why Lebron Why?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by theENFORCER, Jul 8, 2010.

1. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    The Florida Marlins would say otherwise. ;) In their heyday, the U was bigger than any Miami pro team has ever been.

Kobe actually has experienced a lesser version of Lebron's situation. Kobe is hated in Philly, even though that's essentially his hometown. The Lakers beat down on the Sixers in the Finals, Kobe got crosswise with the Philly fans and media and now there is a huge rift.

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I should have said "sports town" instead of "pro sports town". My fault for manufacturing a difference between the two where none really exists other than in the minds of certain types of fans. Winning like The U did is supposed to put them ahead of the Dolphins and Marlins.

You're absolutely right. But it's lesser in part because the rest of the nation didn't watch TV and then go out of their way to get involved in it.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lebron is clearly a beast, but i couldnt beleive his finals performances, i am not a fan at all of him as a person after the shambles of 'the choice' and his quotes but he is clearly a brilliant player....i wonder if he is a terminal choker or this year was a blip? u would have to fancy him winning a championship at one point with wade, but he went about the move from the cavs in completely the wrong way

i'm not suprised they hate him so much there

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be awesome if he plays TE in the National Football League. Not holding my breath, mind... but it would be crazy.

5. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+