Why Lebron Why?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by theENFORCER, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I got Artest being ejected tonight. I can't wait.

2. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at 4-1 ?

which quarter?

3. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Watching espn and one of the guys said that miami vs lakers game is like barca vs man YO! Lol

4. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol :)

On Mchale... @ Stilton, I think you are giving him too much credit. He was a magnificent player, but as a GM, coach, advisory role, McHale has underachieved and has not really impressed. The only thing I can think positive about him is trading Garrnet to Boston, which resulted in a ring.

5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not only is Lebrick a traitor, but he shows bad sportsmanship all the time.:D

Just wait until the Heat get sent home.:)..that ********** won't shake hands with the winning team!:cool:

6. Classick

Classick New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    The Ville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    why do ya'll hate this man so much? honestly.

LMAO he's by far the best player in the nba.

i'd go as far as saying he's one of the most dominant athletes i've ever seen play ANY sport.

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lebron's not even the best player on his team, let alone the league.

8. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would argue he's their best player for the first 47 minutes of a game. But he's definitely not a clutch player.

9. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wade's Batman, LBJ's Robbin.:)

The Heat are Wade's team!:)

10. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I hate him because he of what he did to us Clevelanders and hes from there!!!!!!! ******** him. He'll never win anything and its hilarious.

11. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Quality picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

And I have to agree, LBJ will never win anything!:cool:

12. flameofrecca

flameofrecca Red Card

May 24, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    cool down bros... :)
    as they say if you do bad to others bad things will happen to you...
    I think karma will happen to him hahahaha LOL :)

13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's from Akron. Right around 200K people- a small city, but big enough to stand on its own.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I don't really get the Heat. They act like jerks a lot of the time, but it's clear they don't enjoy being universally reviled, at least not in the way the Bad Boys Pistons once embraced their villain identity.

So why give the haters more fuel?

15. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a regoinal thing. People from Akron Canton Cleveland Youngstown say they are from NE Ohio. He couldnt get any closer to home but he wasnt a good ennough player to win a ring on his own he tried to ride the coatails of Wade but itss not looking like that will work out.

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Got it. But even Cleveland? I'd think that Cleveland residents (Clevelandoids, Clevelandites... the Clevelanden? Guessing here) would refer to their locale as Cleveland, since they're the biggest city of the four.

and neither has anyone else been.

Clyde/Willis, Wilt/Logo, Russell/Jones/Heinsohn, Doc/Moses, Jordan/Pippen, Alcindor/Robertson/Dandridge, Hayes/Unseld/Dandridge, Sikma/DJ, Walton/Lucas, Magic/Jabbar/Worthy, Isiah/Rodman/Dumars, Bird/McHale/Ainge/Parrish/a host of others. Every one of these players except maybe Lucas is better than any two of LeBron's Cleveland teammates. And that's just OTTOMH- I'm sure the majority of superstars with rings had greats alongside them. But LeBron's supposed to be different. That's just not very well thought-out.

Wow.

Dude put the Cavs on the map for the first time since Mark Price and Brad Daugherty were there. He gave seven years to a franchise that got him only because they were so, so very horrid, drags it kicking and screaming to an NBA Finals as a 22 year-old and then to a Conference Finals while a teammate is boning his mom, realizes that they aren't going to get any better no matter how much better he gets, and leaves for a city with a night life that just plain runs up in Cleveland's... and gets pilloried by haters.

No one knew who the Cavs were until LeBron got there, and the only reason anyone knows who they are now is because their owner acted like a total ringpiece when LeBron, having honorably and professionally served the duration of his contract, exercised his right to move on. How he chose to announce his decision is irrelevant. We already know stupid-ass Dan Gilbert didn't deserve LeBron- I'm beginning to think Cleveland didn't deserve him, either.

I don't know about that. Frankly, I think the Heat are a year ahead of schedule in even reaching the Finals. If they were down 3-2 to my Lakers (I'm not a huge fan, but I do hold out some love from the Kareem and Magic days) no one in the media would be acting a fool abut this being some sort of failure. Well, the Mavs swept LA- seems to me they deserve at least as much respect as Kobe & co.

17. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but it is relevant to how people view him. he effectively promoted himself as a class-A primadonna. just about anyone else would have said, "I've really enjoyed my run in C-Town, but I gotta move on. I'll never forget how I was treated here."

Then he goes to Miami and get on with his life.

As to your view that Cleveland didn't deserve him? How can that be? A city doesn't deserve a basketball player? In what sort of world do values like that obtain?

Dan Gilbert is another story. He effectively portrayed himself as a cheap-ass spoil-sport. I think he may have made some money off LeBron. I don't have the best access to that kind of info, but I'm guessing LBJ was a golden goose for Gilbert.

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm people. I'd be people if I'd grown up in Cleveland. Cheering for Dallas because LeBron's teammates didn't help him enough in previous playoff runs isn't quite... crass, but it's whiny.

When the Steelers were losing talent right and left in the early-mid 90s to teams with luxury boxes in their new stadia, I didn't blame the players. And I wouldn't have cared one bit how they chose to publicize their intent.

He could have done that. But the haters look worse than he ever did.

One where a good portion of the city is up in arms because they didn't have anything to hold their best player.

If you'd said that the haters are a small minority made to seem larger by the media, that'd be one thing. But you haven't. Are they/what do you think?

Of course he made money. If he didn't, someone needs to get fired from his inner circle of advisors. And for a guy like Gilbert, who won't go hungry because LeBron left, it's egregious to clown like that.

19. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree, too much hate. It's like he is either the best of all time or a complete failure.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    They asked Shaq about how he never faced the same backlash for bolting out of Orlando as LeBron did with Cleveland.

Shaq blamed it on two things:

1. The Decision

2. Had he given Dan Gilbert some indication of the fact that he was going to leave, the franchise would have been able to at least be a player on the free-agency market and perhaps gotten in some sort of replacement for James. By waiting so long he essentially deprived them of the opportunity to do some instant rebuilding. Of course he is not obliged to do so. But considering that his bond with the state of Ohio seemed to be genuine, it would have been the classy thing to do.

21. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No point in arguing if youre one of those people that supports players over a team. Lebron ********ed up hes not winning a championship this year and he'll never be the player that he could have been now he'll just be wade's pippen minus the championships and a lot of stupidity coming from him.

22. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Shaq (left Orlando in 1996) never had the sort of pub that LeBron got as a young player. He couldn't have, because it wasn't there to get. Fifteen years has seen a lot of increases in media hype and technological spread.

On Gilbert: If he has a player who won't tell him he's leaving or staying, there's reason maybe to assume he's leaving.

Easy there with the emotional response. I don't have a dog in the fight.

Probably not. But he wasn't going to win one in Cleveland any year. His better chance (and, again, a social setting that has advantages over Cleveland and a lot of other NBA cities) is in Miami.

He is the player he can be now. He was the player he could be in Cleveland. Why is it so important to you that he stay, lead the Cavs to a few more conference semis or something but not win?

Would you be saying this about Wade and Bosh if, by some chance, those two had come to Cleveland instead of LeBron and Bosh going to Miami?

Pippen ain't hurting for respect among true students of the game. Fans? Maybe, but that's about all you can expect from them.

He probably wasn't ever going to get six, anyhow. I bet he gets two at least.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Two sounds about right to me. Their window is however long D-Wade's body holds up and/or the young guns on the Thunder take to take the last step to become a championships caliber team.

24. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo!

25. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Thunder aren't winning shit with Westbrook at the point.

The real step for LeBron will be if he comes back next year with a post game. If he does that, mark the Heat down for 4-5 championships. If he doesn't... maybe 2. Tops.