Why Lebron Why?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by theENFORCER, Jul 8, 2010.

1. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You go from chasing Jordan to chasing Pippen....

Bitch move.

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    How is it a bitch move?

3. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Am I the only one that realizes that the heat have NO bench, and if Dwade gets injured, then they're chemistry goes out the window. Not to mention Lebron, dwade and CB4 can't play every minute of every game. lmao. oh and Beasley? he's mos deff being traded too.

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    At this point it's impossible to tell. We'll see how they improve the rest of their team. I doubt anyone expects Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to play every minute of every game.

5. Globalusation

Globalusation New Member

May 17, 2006
    NY
    it's a bitch move because we've been waiting ********ing years for him in new york

then he goes to ********ing fairy town miami, they probably didnt even know what basketball was 2 ********ing days ago.

ARE YOU SERIOUS DONNIE WALSH?!?! THIS?!?!?! THIS IS WHAT WEVE GONE TO THE GARDEN FOR FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS! GET THE ******** OUT OF HERE

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I lived in New York for a while and I'd rather see him at the Knicks than at the Heat but expecting him to go to NYC was wishful thinking.

7. Globalusation

Globalusation New Member

May 17, 2006
    NY
    wishful thinking? that was like the frontrunner for 2 years.....thats all we talked about as knicks fans.

"o when lebron comes it'll be awesome"

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    But Lebron wants to win multiple titles. It was obvious that that's what he wanted especially after Cleveland's failure last season. If he went to the Knicks he would have won the exact same thing he would at Cleveland. Nothing.

9. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Michael never bailed on Chicago...even after 7 years...Smh lebron

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The move to the Heat is slightly disappointing because he is effectively admitting he needs another top five guy next to him to win a championship.

But that in itself is not as terrible as how he handled this all from a PR standpoint. Has anyone other than Heat fans enjoyed this entire process of self-adulation? And that's not even taking into consideration the humiliation and hurt he poured onto the city of Cleveland with his cold and classless demeanor in severing the bonds with that city.

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Point is, it's not LeBron's fault that the Knicks have been mismanaging their assets for an entire decade now.

They went all-in on a single hand and lost.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think there's little difference between the two imho. The Heat aren't winning right away either. And if Melo goes there next Summer and the Parker rumors pan out, the difference will be even tinier.

As I said in the other thread - using the '08 Celtics analogy - where are the Heat's Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins? What kind of bench will they be able to afford?

I will always believe that the best basketball-move was the Bulls.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    They will have to log huge minutes, especially next season. Their bench will be terrible.

14. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it definitely was all ugly the way it was handled. I mean it was the most egotistical self-adulating process I can remember in recent times. the guy had multi billionaire owners fawning over him and flying out to meet him to podunk Ohio to make presentations to him, and then when he decides to jilt them, he doesn't have the common courtesy to give them a call just prior to telling them that he's going to jilt them, rather, he makes them watch some contrived reality sham show just like the rest of us. this is more classless than breaking up with somebody over via facebook or twitter.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That's why I said it depends on who else they get. But when the Celtics won the title Rondo was not one of th best point guards in the league like he is now. He wasn't an allstar like he is now. If Pat Riley invested in those 3 players I imagine he at least knows what he's doing and how he plans to make it work.

Unless they plan to use Wade and Lebron as playmakers, which is possible since both do get a nice amount of assists each game, they need a point guard because Chalmers sucks.

Maybe they'll be able to keep Beasley.

16. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my problem with it. Yes, the ad space all went to charity. Yes, he handed out five scholarships. That was all so that he didn't look like a complete asshole. But truth is, he still is a complete asshole. What a ********in waste of time that shit was.

From a basketball standpoint, it makes total sense to go to Miami to play with D-Wade and Bosh, despite their lack of talent everywhere else. But for LeBrand, I don't see how this helps at all. What does it say that "The King" needs two other superstars to win a title? He ********in quit in his final game as a Cavalier. He ********in quit on the city and area that he supposedly loves. He could've had the largest media market make him a demi-god. New Yorkers would've been eating out of his hand. Instead, he's going to Miami to play with two other superstars. He'll never be up there with the ranks of MJ and Kobe. Not even after he wins a ring. Not with the stars he'll be playing with. This shit almost makes me admire Kobe and I NEVER liked Kobe. "The King" took the easy way out and LeBrand is tarnished. And that's why a whole hour dedicated to himself became a total joke in an instant.

Anyway, I will eagerly await the Knicks to release their schedule and the first game I'm looking for is Miami at home. I cannot wait to see what the Garden Faithful has in store for LeBron.

17. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    either way, LeBron has proven himself to be a true No. 2. I mean seriously, there were great players in the NBA (Barkley, Ewing, Malone, etc.) who never won a title because of Jordan. Can you see any of those players joining Jordan just to assure themselves of winning a title, even on someone else's coatails? they had too much pride, as all great players do, to do something like that. they would rather battle it out against the greatest year after year hoping to match him or beat him and win a title for themselves than join him. I mean can you imagine Bird joining Magic at the Lakers because that way they could both win more titles?? preposterous! the NBA needs great rivalries, not great players all on one team. I hate that the NBA has become such a love fest among all these great players. it's one thing to have respect for each other, but to be best buddies?? I know old Chuck hates this shit too.

18. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know, I kinda find myself in the same boat. the guy has proven to be a true number 1, who is playing with a number 2 and several number 3s. there is never a doubt who is taking the shot when everything is on the line, and he STILL makes the shot. he has proven that he can win with or without Shaq.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I agree with most of what you said but this is irrelevant. He owes nothing to that city.

Bird and Magic were rivals since their college years. Lebron and Wade have never been rivals, they're good friends.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    IMHO, the Heat aren't likely to get anyone as good as '08 Perkins and Rondo either, not on the minimum.

And Rondo was already 80% of the player he is today back then, at least defensively.

21. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, I totally admire Kobe now. I'm seriously hoping that the Lakers play the Heat in the Finals and they crush Miami and Kobe acts like an obnoxious asshole about it. I want LeBron to witness first hand what a real superstar looks like.

I don't know. I just wish he handled this better. To leave the owners and fans of these franchises hanging like he did, that's just pathetic. Go on with the production but at least let Cleveland know that you weren't coming back. What's wrong with that? You gotta throw them into the mix too? Now you'll be hated forever. Good job with that, dumbass. But for a guy who hasn't won a single thing, I find it amazing that he can pull off a production like that. I mean, who the ******** are you to pull off some show like that? Kobe? Sure. MJ? Sure. LeBron? Hmm, sorry pal.

I don't know if I just never paid attention to it but I didn't realize he could command that kind of attention. Obviously he was the most coveted FA prize this summer, but damn. And for him to actually pull off something like this, I'll never see him in the same way again. I'm mad that I bought into it.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    True but I still think they're going to get some decent players and maybe keep Beasley, Haslem.

I read they just got Mike Miller from Washington.

23. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thing is Lebron went from Chasing Jordan to chasing Pippen. It's sad.

Lebron wants to win, I'll give him that. But he joined Wade and Bosh, sort of like a since I can't beat you I'll join you type of move. He just proved that he can't win a champ by himself and will have to be Wade's puppy...

BTW, I feel so sorry for Cleveland. He took a big giant shit on his hometown..

24. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what he gained by keeping it a secret. You wanna string along Nets and Knick fans, fine. But to keep it from your home team, that just sucks. He could've told them last week, "I'm sorry but it's a business decision, thank you for everything" blah blah blah. You still had other teams to keep the suspense from. And yeah, as a basketball decision, it's a no-brainer. Join 2 other stars and hopefully Riley can add the other pieces. But in terms of his legacy, no more comparisons to MJ, please. Or Kobe for that matter.

25. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Where are the heat going to find these players? We also have to remember who else contributed on that '08 Celtics team. Rondo, Perkins, Sam Cassell, James Posey, Powe. Although the Big 3 was front and center, they got a lot of help from other sources.