Why isnt Philly higher on the prospective MLS Team List??

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by bourque312, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let the Canadians form their own league.

2. Steve Holroyd

Steve Holroyd New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amidst all the yelling, no one pointed out that the indoor Kixx do NOT draw anything near 10,000 a game, other than for the once-a-year school day specials. The bloom has worn off the 8,000+ per game crowds they used to get.

When I went last year, crowds were in the 1500s.

This does not mean that Philly cannot support an MLS team. But, for reasons that have been run into the ground, it ain't gonna happen unless Lurie gets involved.

3. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    Wow, you just LOVE making a complete ass of yourself dont you?? I guess posting on internet forums is about as exciting as it gets in Tumwater WA. I thought you guys up there were as harmless as Canadians? Isnt WA state part of Canada??

4. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    MLS3 should have been BANNED about 100 posts ago. If you guys wont ban him, who can you ban??

5. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first of all, not all of upstate new york is "in the middle of nowhere". drive 30 minutes outside of philadelphia in any direction except south and you'll see alot of farms, guaranteed. secondly, i can't believe another philly thread got started, the first couple were cool a a couple years ago, but now it's just the same crap over and over. third, although alot of kids play soccer, many of the parents are ur typical eurosnob ManU/R.Mad. fans who shun MLS because it's not good enough. fourth, u can't triple stamp a double stamp. that's all.

6. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, Tumwater is all about the weed we get from canada, plus seattle is less than an hour away...so its exciting...

I should have been banned, hah, your the one who follows me to every forum and posts the same link after i post anything, i've been around since 2000 and have had no problems, you've been here a month...

and mattie g, being a moderator gives you the power to treat people a certain way? hah, your a moderator on a message board, i mean if that is an accomplishment to you then congrats, and if you were really a moderator you'd see that anytime i've posted anything in any forum the past month or so this bourque312 guy posts after me with a link to some adu thread from a while back and says stupid things like i am the worst poster on bigsoccer or i should have been banned 100 posts ago or something about rush limbaugh, look around, you can see it...

so one more time, mattie g. Do your job as moderator. If you want me to tell you how to do your job, then i will. If not, then enough with the high and mighty remarks.

and again, go through the threads in MLS, MLS N&A, Expansion, you'll see what i'm talking about...and you'll see Bill Archer asking bourque312 what hes talking about, you'll see BulaJacket telling bourque312 to grow up, you'll see ElJefe saying something along those same lines to bourque312, can't remember now what he said...I've been PM'd many times by many respected posters throughout bigsoccer telling me not to respond to this clown cuz he will be gone soon, so i have tried not to but i defend myself, especially with his idiotic posts...

7. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bryan, maybe you should read around, ie, Major League Soccer Forum to see what kinda idiot bourque312 is...

nice picture though, sorry but unlike you in that picture i don't have that talent...

but ya, i do agree with i'm the best...

9. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that you and hockey guy have had your little pissing contest - he's discounted - what I'm saying here is your information is good, but yelling everybody down and trying to belittle everyone makes everyone see you as less than you are.

Nobody gives a *#*#*#*# that the Dallas info you had was wrong, what matters is the manner that you delivered it - calling people stupid - that ruffles feathers. Now that it's wrong, and the egg is on your face, one person you yelled down is busting you on it. It wouldn't have been a big deal if you would have said "My sources say Southlake is definate for 2004" instead you said something that included an attack on that person's intelligence.

I know that you have good info from reading and posting on both boards, but that many people don't like your style. Dude, just bring up the level of conversation, not everything is about insulting other posters.

10. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all of that makes sense and i agree except the part about me yelling at bourque312 and him busting me down, i never said anything to him, it was to jacen and soccertim, i believe one of his first posts was actually calling me an idiot in that same thread...but who cares, hes getting made fun of by everyone on bigsoccer and i get a lot of info from people "in the know"...thats all i care about...

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something tells me you'll find out soon enough.

12. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    Seems MLS3 has a bad memory:

13. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You post the same thing everytime...

and yes, my memory is right, you said something to me first, posting the same quote you always do shows nothing of my memory, why are you so retarded, get a life...

I actually feel sorry for you, cuz I mean you probably get made fun of all the time where your from, then even on the internet, YES THE INTERNET, your getting made fun of...thats really sad, but i mean, people can tell easily without seeing or hearing a person if they are retarded, which you are, and many people can tell...maybe you should go back to the other threads and try and defend yourself there, i'm actually bored of you, seeing your posts, seeing you get made fun of, everytime I click on a new thread the only thing i see is you getting made fun of, its ridiculous...

14. Green and BLue

Green and BLue Member+

Seattle Sounders FC
    Nov 3, 2003
    Republic of Cascadia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Above: BigSoccer posters "MLS3" and "borque312" prepare for another session of arguement/foreplay. Word is unavailbe at this time as to wether Babelfish will be providing a moron-to-English translation.

15. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry we're true fans and actually care about the league...

we have strong opinions on the league and argue them...

16. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i did see that episode of south park TONIGHT though...so thats kinda odd...

i'de say i'm more like stan though...

17. mattie g

mattie g Member

Nov 12, 1999
    Northern VA
    Thanks for playing, guys. This thread has gone nowhere.

If anyone wants to continue a good faith discussion, by all means start a new thread or head to the original Philly thread.

Thread closed.