Why is youth and female soccer such a high commodity in the USA?

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by charlieblanko, Dec 23, 2006.

1. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    one more just so people can see the urgency in proper technique and quick movement, notice the girl in white run up for the rebound goal and my daughter properly holding the ball
    [​IMG]
    That ref is cool as hell, he used to come to her games when he wasnt reffing last fall

I and the crowd went nutts thats why people on the other field are looking, the old bald guy walked up to her on the sideline and told her good job, she came out after that play, and instantly before she could turn around they scored, the score was 0-0 before she came out in the second half, they walked away with that game

3. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Charlie, two questions.....

1) What kind of referee is that? I see a patch, but the baby blue uniform reminds me of an adult mixed league softball umpire.........
    that shitrt isn't standard USSF uniform items-- are they playing AYSO or something?

2) Did you do some funky things with the last pic in photoshop? How did the ref and other guys get on the other side of the goal in that sequence (or is this pictures from different sequences)?

From the sequence, it appears as though the shot was to the far post and came off the post (or deflected off your daughter?) and she was able to cover it before the attacker arrived? Is this the context behind the photos? And I assume that she was injured on the play by virtue of her teammate running her over after covering the ball?

4. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ok menace, im sorry for the confusion with the photo's bro, " my bad"

1)He is a certified ref by cal south, i dont know about ussf, but to be a "signature" ref you have to be cal south certified

2)The pics if you noticed are shaded more in some than others,(long explanation but here it goes), the person that gave them too me, gave me two sets of pictures, one cleaned up the other not, all the ones he gave me that are cleaned up, are upside down, and i had to rotate the picture, i tried something new on the last photo, it asked if i wanted horizontally, or vertically,(you can tell me what i decided, cause i dont remember now) but it did that to the photo

and
    3)(im proudest to reveal) she "barely got that right hand on the ball" and brought it out menace( it was the sickest save i ever seen a youth do) "barely" and she hit her shoulder on the post(not the player man)
    the last photo with her covered up and the players around her, is where she stayed till i got her off the field dude(im tearing up litterally with my soft ass as i type this man)
    When i walked her off the field and her coach did as well(on my mothers grave) she was crying and in the background they scored the goal on our replacement
    It was a very,very,very sick save man
    i am a truely proud father menace, but thats the begining like you guys told me, i know that now, she is playing more field nowadays and will this "spring" (like you guys suggested) her goalie skills havent been great of late(not dogging my daughter, just showing I am being skeptical about this whole thing)

5. PERFDBDAN

PERFDBDAN New Member

May 6, 2004
    Charlie,

Nice pictures.

Out of curiousity, are you located near San Diego?

6. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Im in orange county, so it depends on what you mean by close perf

7. oneheadertoomany

Feb 15, 2008
    It's been quiet here for a while, so I started digging through old threads and found this one. It's wild.

I'm curious, about two years later now, how did this ever turn out? Charlieblanko, you still out there?? Is your dd still a goalie? Has she moved into the field at all? What's the update?

8. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Yes all yr played the field, and in league play lead the team with 20 some odd goals in league play. We just finished state cup and excuse my french, "she sucked, and so did the team". They got knocked out the first round in their first state cup. They went undefeated in league play so will be silver next yr. But our tourney's and league cup, and state cup, we have sucked. LOL. We are looking forward to a good silver season regardless of. Has not played keeper i think all yr, except for a vegas tourney

9. MenaceFanatic2

MenaceFanatic2 New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlie- it is me (MenaceFanatic). Long story, but new login name. I did not take the time to catch completely up on this thread.....but took notice on your last post. I am really glad to see your daughter has gotten out from between the pipes (even if just temporarily). It is not good to pidgeon-hole them too young.

Good to see everyone again.

10. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well Menace, to be honest, this forum, and you posters suggestions (regionII and you menace...to name a few) had everything to do with me making the decision to find a team that would develop her field play. The coach and team she has been on all yr has weaded her out of the keeper position and have went through 2 in 2008 besides my daughter. She played in a vegas tourney keeper last month i think it was, or december, but that is because the keeper got 2 cards and could not play, so when it went to penalties to decide the tourney they put her at keeper and won.

Besides that, like i said, she did not touch the box in state cup, or in any league games. She is not a keeper any more and even played sweeper this yr for her jr high team. She got blanked in state cup, though. We stopped training about 5 months ago, and it seems like she stopped scoring every game about 2 months ago. So its back to the drawing board.