Why is the BS Cup so small?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by FCDallas------, Nov 12, 2004.

1. FCDallas------

FCDallas------ New Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Dallas
    Not to complain at all and as a first timer maybe I have no place to say it, but the Cup should be enormous considering the number of teams registered here: http://www.ht-arena.com/dynamokc/?page=BS Registry

seems like we could even have an east coast bracket vs westcoast bracket, just a thought would be awesome to see :D

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Agreed. However, many of the teams on the registry are in Div IV and higher. Many of them stay in the Cup longer than would work for starting it. Also, some teams participate in other cups such as Lone Star and I believe Bray's Bayou as well. ur_land and myself are both passing this season so we can get some international friendlies in.

Hopefully in seasons to come, the Cup will grow. I'd certainly love to see it get bigger.

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first call is on the USCHO Cup, because that's where I started out in Hattrick. Every other season when that doesn't run, I play in other cups. Three seasons ago, I played in LOTA's AmCup, and then in DarqCup afterwards. Last season I played in FOFC Cup. Next season, I'd like to play in the BigSoccer Cup as long as I don't hang around in the U.S. Open Cup for too long (as I'm doing this season).

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reasons above are the main reasons that some people don't participate, other cups, wanting to play abroad, or still in the cup. Other reasons for less numbers have to do with the registry in a different way. Helghallen posts all the teams that post in the registry. Many of these teams are day-traders or don't post often. For the cup we would like people that regularly check the boards and post so that we know we have active teams. This is because we've had problems with teams that don't follow the rules because they don't post enough to know the rules. We want regular posters or at least readers taht know the rules and are active, so that the cup is more fun.

5. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Yeah, I've been running my own cup for 11 seasons now.......

On the international friendly bit, have you guys thought about maybe shortening the BS Cup? Last season took, what, 11-12 weeks? Cutting the First Round to a single round robin and making some of the playoff games single elimination would shave off 4-5 weeks, allowing clubs like yourself the chance for matches in exotic locales before the cup kicks off.

Panther City FC
    II.3 - USA

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thats why I liked the single table round robin idea that i suggested. :D

The BS Cup dictators have spoken though.,

7. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    personally, I could give a rats ass about the extra .01 point of experience you get from international friendlies. I would rather play in a competition that means something with people that I (sort of) know.

Like the Bigsoccer Cup.

8. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    I love the BS cup (that's why I'm still dictator), but I felt I neded something different this season. And the experience boost isn't much, but I like all of the little flags I get. I mean, I got Tunisia last week--how cool is that?

9. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

|---| <----------this cool.

:D

10. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    What flags?

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have supporter, you have a club page that you can go to and see little flags for what countries you've played friendlies in, and from what countries your team is from.

12. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Additionally, I don't have to do any work to find somebody to play each week.

Besides, I hardly ever get a Int'l game that I don't lose money on.