Why is Robinho being dropped?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For the last 3 games there has been the unexplained ommision of Robinho. Admittedly Robinho had 2 poor games versus Arsenal and Mallorca but there were a lot more players who played poorly and yet have not been dropped. It is all the more strange that prior to that Robinho had been arguablly our most consistent outfield preformer in 2006. It is rather peculiar that Caro dropped him considering that we don't have any other natural width on the left. Is it because Caro feels he can drop Robinho without feeling the pressure as he would say if he dropped someone like Raul? Possible but not entirely convincing as he has taken the bold decision to drop Ronaldo who is one of the so called superstars. Robinho has scored 7 goals for us since the turn of the year and has adapted comfortablly to the left wing so why the unfair punishment? OK I can't see Robinho pushing for a transfer request seeing as Caro will be gone by the end of the year but what do use think he has been dropped for and more importantly do use think he should be brought back into the starting 11?

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes he should be in the starting XI. I don't see him as a galactico. A galactico is an older established player whose won big-name trophies, etc. RObinho has won some titles etc, but he's a youngster that should be part of our future. There is no reason to drop him...ZZ sucks out on the left, Raul can play there but is in poor form, Robinho should be starting out there.

3. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
    My guess is that he's resting because of fatigue. Robinho has played a lot of games lately so either it's because of that or Lopez Caro is just an idiot.

4. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i think its to make way for Raul, i understand resting the guy but 3 games ? and why rest the youngster when zizou is clearly in more need of it? Or maybe its somthing to do with tactics or a training incident we dont know off but i highly doubt it.

o and i think he should start hes earned his spot.

5. xmaje

xmaje Member

Mar 1, 2005
    st vincent
    Is a shame what the done to the kid he been scoring and playing good and they drop him that.Ilike giving jack his jacket and we have alot of ppl on the team with jackets they dont deserve while this kid dont have and has earned his

6. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I think thats exactly it, to make way for Raul. Ever since Raul has been able to start a full 90 min. game Robinho hasn't played a full 90 min. game. Just a coincidence? I dont think so...

7. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    sorry can someone translate this?

8. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I dont think xmaje himself can translate that.

9. xmaje

xmaje Member

Mar 1, 2005
    st vincent
    give jack his jacket just mean give credit were credit is due its a caribbean saying

10. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    haha. understood.:D

11. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

We can only hope such a saying, stays in the Carribean.

For the problem at hand, I'm absolutely baffled. I have tried to go through many scenarios as to why Robinho is sitting on the bench, when other less effective players are getting the time and I really cannot come up with an answer to rationalize it. My friend was telling me, it's possible that many of the ineffective players are getting all this playing time, is because the club is hoping their performance would improve and so their price tags would also increase, he was saying this mostly in reagrds to Baptista and Ronaldo.

12. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    sorry this is off topic but I just put it in here instead of starting a new thread...

anways, what is Guti's exact position, CM?

13. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i dont think Guti himself can answer that but CM is close enough :p hes been moved around so much that he doesnt have ONE position to call his own, hes been played as DM, CM, LM, AM, CF but more recently hes been playing as a CM

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He is an easy scapegoat. Imagine the stir if Becks was dropped from the squad. No one really cares if Robinho plays or not. It's the Galacticos that the media care about. Why is Cassano not playing?

15. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Raul should be dropped for cassano
    Guti or Zidane should be dropped for Robhino
    Thats all its weird Caro does not chose the performers in the team but choses the off from players like Ronnie and raul and i hate to say Guti is under preforming..
    What about J.Garcia and soldado ???

16. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

There is some logic to this, however, why was Raul and Robinho both benched against Atletico? Raul plays as either striker in the AM position. Theoretically his rivals are Baptista, ZZ and Guti, however, what I have noticed that since his presence in the team, well midfield any way, Caro has pushed ZZ to the left were he is signiicantly less effective. Is Caro trying to be clever or are we just reading into things? I would love to see him start tomorrow along with Cassano although I do suspect that we are going to see Ronaldo play with Raul dropped to the bench.

17. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    We can analyse, have our conspiracy theories or guess all we like but the truth is only Caro has the answer. My own guess/analysis/conspiracy is that caro thinks he's tired...maybe he's been struggling in training. He's had a long period of playing (played through the summer) and has had the stress of his move as well. Maybe his physical performance has dropped and he has been rested for his own good. I say this because it is the only logical reason I can think of.

18. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I disagree on that one. Yes, we all know that he is bound to be exhausted after how much football he has played over the past year. However, 33 minutes in 3 games is basically nothing and also consider he was subbed around the 60th minute in the Arsenal and Mallorca games. I don't see how his physical condition would drop so quickly when he was playing consistently without any problems. Also there were was an article in Marca today where Robinho was unable to answer why he has had such limited minutes in the past 3 matches.

19. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I first thought it was to rest Robinho for the Arsenal game, and Raul hadn't started a full game yet. But Robinho didn't start so something must be up.

Same goes for Cicinho, he didn't start against Atletico and I thought he was getting the rest but nope Salgado had to play 2 games in 4 days.

So I'd add why is Cicnho being dropped to the question.

20. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Ok maybe its mental as well as physical fatigue. As you say he was playing consistently and this can have an effect after a long season...his performance did drop in his last couple of games so it was maybe not that sudden. Three games on the bench may be all he needs, or it may become four or five, to get his hunger back if that is what caro thinks is missing. As for Robinho's comments, saying "I've been dropped because I'm tired" or "not hungry enough" is not something he is likely to admit in a press conference (at least not while he's trying to get his place back)....especially if he himself doesn't believe Caro is right.
    I'm not saying I'm definately right,just that its the only logical reason. I don't buy the Raul theory because in reality it is Zizou who has taken Robinho's role and Caro has shown he has had no problem resting him...until recently. So even if as some suggest it is because of Raul, surely Caro would rotate Robinho with Zidane, unless as I've said he believes there is a problem.

21. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I don't think Cicinho has been dropped. The decision not to play him against Atleti and Arsenal was a wise and correct one for me. We have all seen how bad Cicinho looks when he is exposed and Reyes exposed him terribly in the first game at the Bernabeu. Caro couldn't take that risk in the second game knowing that Arsenal were going to be countering us during the game therefore it was logical. Against Atleti it was the same. Petrov has explosive pace so therefore we had to try and neutralise him with a player who is much better defensively. Salgado did play very, very well in those 2 games showing why he has been one of our most consistent players over the past few years. I suspect that Cicinho will play in a lot of our games, maybe not Barca but I still maintain that the decision to rest him was the correct tactical decision.

22. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    well, robinho deserves to get his place in the starting line-up back. caro has very little reason to bench him for the next few games, he should replace guti maybe in the line-up(not position wise as he is crap in central midfield). guti has been shit and i would like him to be bnched like helguera and pavon. robinho has been scoring well and deserves much better from caro than what he is getting now.

23. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid

OK I cant disagree with that:)

24. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    I think the best thing to do is just to stop obssessing over this, if there is one thing we have learned about Caro is that he is a man that is full of sh!t. Obviously you guys remember when Cassano first came to the team, Caro said that he would not play Cassano, until he was in good shape. Well Cassano lost, I don't remember like 5 kgs in 2 or 3 weeks and he was still not played. Raul, comes back from Injury and he is played straight away. I don't think the word logic means anything to Caro.

25. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Caro never listens. the only person he listens to is himself and at the end of the season, that will be one of the reasons for him to be binned. raul is being treated specially and so are the rest of the galacticos. he will be a better coach some day and i dont think that day will come(even when he turns a hundred years old) if he keeps committing crimes like not playing the players who are in good form.