Why is "Girls Youth Soccer" not in the "Women's Soccer" Forum?

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Bronco Bill, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Bronco Bill

Bronco Bill New Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone been subscribed long enough to know why "Girls Youth Soccer" is located in the "USA" forum, which is otherwise a forum for men's soccer. Shouldn't it be in the "Women's Soccer" forum. where it would probably get more traffic. At the very shouldn't there be a "Youth & HS Soccer" section in the "Women's Soccer" forum?

2. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Exactly what I was thinking.

3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It predates my time here. I suppose the logic is that a forum about youth soccer in the USA had to go somwhere and this was as good as any.

I don't post in the Women's forum; what's the sentiment over there? I can certainly reach out to those mods if they think this subforum is a better fit over there.

For myself, I think the issue is that I don't know where else Youth & HS Soccer would go.

4. Bronco Bill

Bronco Bill New Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thought is the logical course is to create a "Girl's Youth Soccer" forum in the "W's Soccer" forum. Maybe change the name of the "Youth & HS Soccer" forum in the "USA" forum to "Boy's Youth Soccer" Would then be like the college soccer forums in both the "USA" forum and the "W's Soccer" forum.

As it stands now people seem to post girl's youth soccer topics in one of the other W's forums. For instance people will post articles about how to get noticed by college recruiters in the college forum. But mostly I think the effect is to not encourage people to discuss girl's youth soccer.

5. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't go to the Women's forum that much; have any of the regulars brought this up with the moderators over there?

6. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually just hang out over in the women's forums, and didn't even know that this thread existed until now. I doubt that most regulars over there know about it either. I would have probably taken part in discussions before if I had known about it as I have a history in playing and coaching. However, it seems to me that most regulars over in the women's forums are more fans of an international team or NWSL, and I'm not completely sure if it would get more traffic over there since most don't discuss the sport at the youth level...maybe it would though?

7. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to think they might want their own youth forum, have you asked their moderators?

8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have now...we'll see what happens.