Why is everyone so happy about a two-goal loss at home?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Ghost, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's that? I can't hear you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    You're not suppose to say that out loud. Just think it and never type it. Good luck tonight.

3. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Shut the hell up already, you lost to Paraguay in Azteca just a few months ago and lost twice to the US team this year.

4. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol

I hear a good game is going on in Boston!!!!!

5. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    damn... even tho ya lost tonite, its still real

6. rockinrodrigo

rockinrodrigo New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    yeah but they took revenge, 6-0 in the Copa America
    got the best of Mexico this year, next year with the new crop of players the rivalry will get even better, and I believe Mexico has the edge on the youth side

7. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    It's about even for me.

8. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Paraguay was down to 10 men (red card) since the 2nd minute of that Copa America game.

Mexico didn't qualify out of CONCACAF in the U17 this year, and the U20 two years ago. What edge on youth side?

9. Bookthekeeper

Bookthekeeper Member

Jul 15, 2007
    DFW
    Well I doubt this game suggests serious contention for a WC title for the US anytime soon but it is a refreshing breath after a dismal Copa shitball.

10. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anybody see the Mexico-Brazil game tonight? If so, could you give us a brief rundown on how Mexico looked against Brazil compared to us?

11. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    Completely false!
    Brazil 3-1 over Mexico. Haha, looks like Hugo's head is in trouble, and you have egg on your face, haha!

12. rockinrodrigo

rockinrodrigo New Member

Aug 23, 2007
  13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. rockinrodrigo

rockinrodrigo New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    it was a good game, despite defensive errors in the last 10mins, for most of the game the D was doing their job, it was a pretty clean game too, wished gio and vela had more time in the game (seems the D was a bit distracted seeing what these 2 could do instead of paying attention to the guys in yellow at the end haha) but when they came in I got this huge smile on my face

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    it wasn't the last 10 mins tho... from the Elano header, to the Kaka miss, to the Wackner Love miss... all great saves by Ochoa, but all because your defense was opened up...

edit: the Elano header was saved by the defender

16. rockinrodrigo

rockinrodrigo New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    well yes but the mistakes in the last 10 minutes were just dumb, the other chances brazil had came from good plays accompanied with defenders not pressuring enough, the D wasnt perfect but along with Ochoa it frustrated the Brazilians, Kaka looked so relieved when he scored

17. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Well Mexico was eating of a can that said....AZZ WHOOP on the label.....:D from my point of view we did better, because we took an autogoal, and two questionble calls from the referee (penalty...free kick from Ronaldinho) Brasil score two goals from real plays and a corner kick. The last 20 minutes of the game Brasil play with 10 on the field but the Mexican could not capitalized on that...I noticed Brasil a little tired ....

18. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's baffling to hear people say that the US should have tied Brazil... I mean, I was fairly pleased with the performance in general, but it seems like little other than willful ignorance when people look at that game and say it was a close one.

The ref wasn't even that bad. Maybe a couple questionable calls, but the foul on Ronaldinho was a foul just about anywhere in the world, and there were 2 missed PK's, one for each team.

How the hell was the Brazil PK 'questionable'? Come on...

Just to be playing teams like Sweden, Brazil, and Switzerland is a step in the right direction, so I would think that's why people are happy. The only way to get better is to gain experience against the best (or at least the GOOD) teams in the world. Friendlies against Guatemala, Ecuador and China will only take you so far.

19. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    just to make a quick point... GOD NO!

20. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    they won't hear you tho

21. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    I suggest you take a look at another thread in this forum regarding the so-called Ronaldinho foul. Your mind might just change.

I will never read anything from Luis Bueno regarding Mexico. He is nothing short of a Mexican homer. If I wanted to read such a pro-wet slant, I will go to the Mexico forum.

22. inflames

inflames New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    didnt know pat buchanan was into soccer

23. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Relax........this has more to do with Mex fans constantly calling us Spazzos. I probably should not have use the term, but I wont apologize.

24. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    You are wrong, watch the video of that foul on this thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599198

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, that wasn't a foul. Fortunately it doesn't negate much else I said about the game.

And Howard really should have done better.