Why is attendance so low at Tropical Park?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Sep 3, 2007.

1. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is very surprizing! Since MiamiFC's focus has benn and is youth soccer.

All of last year, if a child wore there team jersey to the game, they would get in FREE.

Either you were speaking to the wrong person or I don't understand.

2. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MLS dosen't have a prayer of surviving in South Florida.:D

FYI, USL and MLS are about par for the course.
    With the exception of the Dynamo, Galaxy , Bulls and maybe the Fire,
    all the other teams are about the same caliber. The res of the teams in MLS and USL are pretty even.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm afraid I don't follow you. Can you explain?

4. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right!
    one can't follow, cause there is nothing to follow.

You were making a comparison of MLS vs. USL.

All I said is that with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 teams in the MLS.
    The rest of the teams (both USL AND MLS) are about the same caliber.

Quite frankly, they all SUCK in terms of quality. When you compare them to teams from Europe or South America, there is none.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, okay. I thought you were on to something no one had ever expressed before. Thanks.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?"

7. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh it is definitely "Blue" on a Sunny day and "Grey" on an overcast day. I certainly have my wits about me Dr.

Let's face it. Everyone here on BS knows my opinion of the MLS so I'm even going to bother going that route.

The fact is MLS abandoned South Florida.

USL "is" the game in this community not "MLS"

Get out there and support our local pro-socccer team. You want to whine and complain about what we don't have and the shortcomings of the team. Partially, that is your fault because your not showing any interest and you are not willing to do anything to make the club better.

You have ideas? That's great! Bring them to the table. Right here. This is the place to discuss what you can do to make soccer stronger and better in South Florida.

If South Floridians can't even support a USL team do you think that a supposed better league like MLS will ever want to come here. Your dreaming! You need a slap in the face and wake up, you are dilusional.

Support the team and then you can complain. If you are one of the one's did not attend any games last season, you have absoluteley no reason to complain.

OK! enough ranting!

South florida is a very finiky crowd!

How do you get people to come out to the games?
    Right now FC's approch has targeted Your Soccer Associations and giving away free tickets, beer, prizes and had joint marketing campaigns with other organizations.

How do you get the local media to start talking soccer instead of just the BIG 4 (baseball, football, basketball, hockey)?

If the fan base grew, I'm sure that FC would consider playing at another
    venue.

All I'm saying is, Let's start contributing positive thoughts that work and not negative thoughts of your shhortcomings.

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, Ken Horowitz abandoned So. Florida MLS. MLS just couldn't take care of Fusion without any help.

9. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That comment is subject to debate and has been emotionaly debated many times here on BS and other forums with no resolve.
    For example Horrobitch was raped by the MLS by paying too much for the franchise in the first place. The agrgument goes on and on and I don't wish to get into the negatives of why they left. Suffice it to say, they are gone! The fans here and in Tampa were left with a very negative impression of MLS.

Will time heal the wounds? Perhaps!

In the meantime I'm going to concentrate on what we have and build on it and not focus on what we don't have. Our goal should be to make soccer in South Florida Stronger and better.

Start by going out there and supporting you pro-soccer team. If you support it, it will get better. For goodness sake it is owned by the number one promoter of soccer event in the world! All we need to do is step up and take advantage of what is here now.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but River, no one forced Horowitz to pay it.

And MLS was in such bad shape back then, they couldn't float Tampa anymore let alone also take on Miami at that time.

Things have changed for MLS and soccer in this country. Hopefully things will get better in S Florida soon.

11. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if you assume that is true, why have ownership groups - serious ownership groups - popped up in at least a half-dozen markets, but none in So. Florida.

The "abandonment" is debatable, but the fact that no one has stepped to the plate with a viable idea in S. Florida while strong contenders in other cities look like they might get shut out is undeniable.

12. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok!

Home owners Insurace rates in Florida have skyrocketed to a medium of $6, 00.00 to $10,000.00 per year for the average home.

According to your argument, No one is forcing me to pay for it. I can either just pay and be insured or forclose on my property and/or sell it to someone that can afford it. If there is anyone! The fact that the Insurance companies are raping everyone is justified?

The fact that MLS overcharged an investor and made promises of immediate high returns on his investment does not justify the statement "no one forced him to pay?" That argument is flawed.

It was irresponsible by the league. Furthermore, because Sotuth Florida paid so much for their franchise in comparison to other clubs. MLS should have been protected it and taken up ownership until a new owner could be found.

Like I said before, this topic has been discussed to death many times before and no agreeement has ever come of it.

13. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. How do you know the bolded part.

b. He could have said No. He made a decision.

iii. Horowitz himself said it best - ""The market just didn't step up."

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not really sure what skyrocketing home insurance has to do with Horowitz being forced to pay too large amount for a MLS team.

Obviously he didn't do his due diligence on a business plan.

And my home owners insurace is no where near that high. Maybe thats just in Broward and Dade.

15. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said:
    "This argument is not new and has been discussed to death"; if you want furher information please review the archives.

You can blame MLS, the owner, the fans or all them if you want. It dosen't matter anymore. They are not here, USL is.

We should be duscussing what "is" and not what "is not".

At this point an time we can't even musturd up enough support for a USL team let alone anyone else.

The BIGGEST problem in my opinion is the venue and the lack of a domed facility in South Florida; ( not just for soccer but all sports) Such a facility would take the blame off of the fans, because I do believe there are fans down here; many fans. But why the heck would anyone want to be subject themselves and their kids to 95+ degree temparatures in a HOT and HUMID enviroment or endure a game in the pouring rain with Lightning all around? It's just wrong! Soccer in South Florida is at the wrong time of the season too. The peak of our soccer season is during Hurricane Season.
    Football can get away in South Florida without a domed stadia because their schdule coincides with the best time of the season down here.

So how does one get the wheels in motion to get a domed stadia down here?

16. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed my point. Either you don't want to hear it and want to justify to yourself that MLS was not culpable in any way or form for the demise of the Fusion and Tampa. Regardless, if you want to discuss this misfortune further you need to open a thread about that.

On a more positve side; here is a copy of MiamiFC's recent press release.

In addition to this they are doing joint promotions with with local schools and Miami Seaquarium in order to get their name exposed.

unfortunately, the marketing budget is not there, if more people come out to support them, then they would have more monies appropriated to their budget.

It's a catch 22! I don't think MLS or USL will ever have great success down here unless the "Domed Stadium" issue is resloved first. Of course people will show up if they are winning. Like I said, Flordians are very finiky. That another word for saying they are the worst supporters in the world. We are the #1 worst and we are proud of it! Hey! The Fins are 0-7 if we are lucky maybe we go go on to have a successful "Defeted season". 0-12. "Champion of Losers" We would be the best of the worst!

SOURCE of article below: MiamiFC 23OCT2007 [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Nico Mosquera and Luis Calix currently training and playing with Miami FCs sister team, Desportivo Brasil[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami, October 22, 2007 The 2007 USL-1 season may be over but Miami FC remains active in its commitment to developing young talent. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Nicolas Mosquera, 19, and Luis Calix, 19, two of Miami FCs youngest prospects who signed at the beginning of the 2007 season straight out of High School are taking advantage of Miami FCs youth development programs and have traveled to Brazil, where they are training and playing for Desportivo Brasil, in the state of São Paulo. Like Miami FC, the Brazilian team is owned by Traffic Sports. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]This is a great opportunity Miami FC and Traffic Sports are giving me. To play for Miami FC is already an honor and a pleasure, but to go to Brazil, where people live and breathe soccer all day long is the best chance a young player can get to develop as a professional player, said Luis Calix.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]I cant believe an opportunity like this came to me at such a young age. Of course I would like to come back to play for Miami FC and stay close to my family and friends, but if a team in Brazil shows interest in keeping me, it would be a great opportunity that I don?t think I would pass, confessed Nico Mosquera.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]One of the main objectives of our organization has always been to find and develop young talent in this country. We believe soccer in North America has been experiencing tremendous growth in the so-called developmental categories, and we are particularly keen on seeing our U-20 and U-17 players become better athletes, professionals and people. Seeing young American players making an impact at the international level has become increasingly more of a common theme. We want to offer this possibility to our youngsters, said Luiz Muzzi, Miami FCs General Manager.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Nico Mosquera y Luis Calix están entrenando y jugando actualmente en el equipo hermano del Miami FC, Desportivo Brasil[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami, 22 de octubre de 2007 La temporada 2007 de la USL-1 puede haber terminado, pero Miami FC se mantiene activo en su promesa de desarrollar jóvenes talentos. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Nicolas Mosquera y Luis Calix, ambos 19, dos de las esperanzas del Miami FC y que firmaron con el equipo al principio de la temporada 2007, justo al salir de la secundaria, están aprovechando los programas de desarrollo del Miami FC y viajaron a Brasil, donde están entrenando y jugando por el Desportivo Brasil, en el estado de São Paulo. Al igual que Miami FC, el equipo brasileño es de propiedad de Traffic Sports. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Esta es una gran oportunidad que Miami FC y Traffic Sports me están proporcionando. Jugar para el Miami FC ya es un honor y un placer, pero ir a Brasil, donde la gente vive y respira el fútbol el día entero es la mejor oportunidad que un jugador joven puede tener para desarrollarse como profesional, dijo Luis Calix.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]No puedo creer que una oportunidad como esta me apareció a tan temprana edad. Obviamente, me encantaría regresar y jugar para el Miami FC y estar junto a mi familia y amigos, pero si un equipo en Brasil demuestra interés en mi, sería una gran oportunidad y no creo que la dejaría escapar, confesó Nico Mosquera.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Uno de los objetivos principales de nuestra organización siempre ha sido encontrar y desarrollar jóvenes talentos en este país. Creemos que el fútbol en América del Norte está atravesando una fase de tremendo crecimiento en las llamadas categorías en desarrollo, y estamos muy satisfechos de ver a nuestros jugadores Sub-20 y Sub-17 transformarse en mejores atletas, profesionales y personas. Ver a jóvenes jugadores americanos sobresaliendo a nivel internacional es cada vez más común. Queremos ofrecer esta oportunidad a nuestros jóvenes, dijo Luiz Muzzi, Gerente General del Miami FC.[/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT='trebuchet ms', tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Flyers[/FONT]

[​IMG]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Go Miami FC
    Communications Department
    www.MiamiFC.com
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]If you want to unsubscribe from Miami FC Newsletters and promotions, click here[/FONT]

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    river, its great that MFC is trying, but we both know that Traffic has the budget for more out reach or even to build a domed stadium if they wanted to.

And yes the MLS/Florida debate is probably best for another thread.

18. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami FC Kendall U-16 and U-18 to play first U.S. Soccer Development Academy home game at Tropical Park on October 28
    Elite youth teams (please see rosters below) are the centerpiece of Miami FC, Kendall Soccer Coalition, and Plantation Eagles partnership to develop youth soccer in South Florida
    Miami, October 25, 2007 – The Miami FC Kendall U-16 and U-18 teams that participate in the new U.S. Soccer Development Academy program will play a double-header – their first and only 2007 home games – at Tropical Park on Sunday, October 28, at 4 pm and 6 pm respectively. Sunday’s opponent is regional rival Boca Raton’s Schulz Academy, one of only four clubs in the state of Florida accepted by the U.S. Soccer Federation to participate in this unique national program that is designed to improve the development environment for elite male youth soccer players throughout the country.

For more, please read the attached document.

Miami FC Kendall Sub-16 y Sub-18 jugarán sus primeros partidos como locales por la Academia de Fútbol de los EEUU el 28 de octubre en el Tropical Park
    Los equipos de jugadores jóvenes elite (planteles completos abajo) forman parte principal de la alianza entre el Miami FC, Kendall Soccer Coalition y Plantation Eagles con el fin de desarrollar el fútbol juvenil en el Sur de la Florida

Miami, 25 de octubre de 2007 – Los equipos Miami FC Kendall Sub-16 y Sub-18 que participan del nuevo programa de la Academia de Desarrollo del Fútbol de los Estados Unidos (U.S. Soccer Development Academy) jugarán un doblete, el primer y único partido como locales del 2007, en el Estadio Tropical Park, el domingo, 28 de octubre, a las 4pm y 6pm respectivamente. El contrincante será el Schulz Academy de Boca Ratón, Florida, uno de los únicos cuatro clubes en el estado de la Florida aceptados por la US Soccer para participar en este programa único que fue diseñado para mejorar el ambiente de desarrollo para jugadores jóvenes elite en todo el país.

Para ver más información, favor abrir el documento anexo.

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did MFC take over the high quality Kendall United club?

20. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'take over"?

The flyer clearly indicates its a partnership.

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I clearly didn't get that from the flyer. Clearly.

22. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Elite youth teams (please see rosters below) are the centerpiece of Miami FC, Kendall Soccer Coalition, and Plantation Eagles partnership to develop youth soccer in South Florida [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami, October 25, 2007 The Miami FC Kendall U-16 and U-18 teams that participate in the new U.S. Soccer Development Academy program will play a double-header ? their first and only 2007 home games ? at Tropical Park on Sunday, October 28, at 4 pm and 6 pm respectively. Sundays opponent is regional rival Boca Ratons Schulz Academy, one of only four clubs in the state of Florida accepted by the U.S. Soccer Federation to participate in this unique national program that is designed to improve the development environment for elite male youth soccer players throughout the country. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]After five matches Miami FC Kendalls U-16 development team is undefeated with victories against Washington Premier, Richmond Kickers, Schulz Academy, and Atlanta Fire United, and a lone tie versus Birmingham United. Their U-18 mates have faced stronger opposition against the older squads of the same clubs, scoring one win, three ties and a loss. Sunday will feature a rematch of a tightly contested U-18 match in which the teams had to settle for a 2-2 tie in their first meeting earlier this month. There will be food, beverages, music and appearances by Miami FC professional players, coaches and the official mascot, Hotshot. There is no charge for tickets and parking is free. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami FC, Kendall Soccer Coalition (Kendall SC), and Plantation Eagles SC recently signed an umbrella partnership to develop youth soccer in South Florida anchored by their joint initiative to field the Miami FC Kendall U-16 and U-18 teams as the only representatives from the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale metropolitan area in the new Development Academy program. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]The Development Academy is a program instituted by U.S. Soccer this year to enhance the development environment for elite boys soccer players - ages U-16 through U-18 - throughout the country by setting minimum training standards and providing a structured competition among especially selected clubs from across the United States. The sixty-four clubs chosen for the inaugural 30-match season had begun Academy league play on October 4, 2007 with a kick-off showcase tournament at the Home Depot Center in California. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Given that Miami FC was actively planning to launch its own youth divisions and the close ties that already existed between the professional club and Kendall SC, when U.S. Soccer selected the nationally renowned youth club to be the single representative from Miami-Dade County in the Development Academy, the two organizations decided it would be mutually beneficial to join forces in order to recruit, coach and field the best possible U-16 and U-18 Academy teams. Plantation Eagles SC, who have an existing program partnership with Kendall SC, have also been instrumental in helping the Development Academy program reach youth players from the Broward County area. These Academy teams play under the name of *Miami FC Kendall* and wear the official Miami FC uniforms and apparel. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami FC Kendall Elite Youth Teams Rosters [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami FC Kendall U-16 Age High School[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Shane Malcolm 16 Piper HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Jordan Fernandez 16 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Francisco Barbella 16 Miami Sunset [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Andres Moreno 16 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Edison Enderica 15 Miami Palmetto HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Victor Cortez 15 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Michael Rosado 16 Monsignor Pace HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Daniel Murillo 16 Miami Southridge HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]David Sarabia 16 Florida Christian HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Andrew Quintana 16 Florida Christian HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Eduardo Quintero 16 American Heritage HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Camilo Madrinan 16 Cypress Bay HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Andres Seidenthal 16 Belen Jesuit Preparatory [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Ramos 16 Miami Southride HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Alvaro Bastidas 16 American Heritage HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Jose Sandoval 16 American Military Academy [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Raffael Centofanti 15 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Juan Monsalve 15 Felix Varela HSDevelopmental U-16 [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Andres Mills 16 Coral Reef HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Fabio Raucci 15 Belen Jesuit Preparatory [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Cabrera 15 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Jeronimo Giraldo 15 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Borely Martinez 15 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Jonathan Bidegain 15 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Santiago Schmid 15 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Jose Diaz de Villegas 15 Florida Christian HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Jonathan Castro 15 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Sebastian Evers 16 Gulliver Preparatory HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Miami FC Kendall U-18 Age High School [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Alexis Mina 18 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Marco Franca 17 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Mark Rafols 17 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Gustavo Zamora 17 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Kevin Ante 18 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Franklin Blaise 17 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Luiz Yamashita 18 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Brian Carvajal 17 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Hosman Ramos 18 Miami Southridge HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Eduardo Jimenez 16 John A Ferguson HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Gonzalez 16 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Pablo Punyed 17 Miami Coral Park HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Campero 17 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Eder Molina 18 Coral Gables HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Ospina 18 Felix Varela HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Victor Angulo 17 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Adam Kramer 17 Saint Thomas Aquinas HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Yeong Choi 17 American Heritage HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Fabrizzio Pittaluga 18 Palmer Trinity HS[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Developmental U-18 [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Lopez 18 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Rodrigo Mancenido 17 G.W. Braddock HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Alvaro Yusty 17 Miami Sunset HS [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Nicholas Ramirez 17 Palmer Trinity HS [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT='trebuchet ms', tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Flyers[/FONT]

[​IMG]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Go Miami FC
    Communications Department
    www.MiamiFC.com
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]If you want to unsubscribe from Miami FC Newsletters and promotions, click here[/FONT]

23. Fusion Logix

Fusion Logix New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Miami,Fl
    this is great, however the article doesnt mention how miami fc will further develop/work with these teams. and they should still open there own youth teams imo.

24. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed and it will happen! Good to hear from you again after such along laps!

Everyone! Have a BOOOtiful DAY!

25. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this partnership really enforces the goal/purpose of Traffic with having a team in the USL 1. To me the purpose for the team is as a way to identify and develop players. And the long term purpose of this is to then sell them on to bigger clubs.

But back to the question of the thread. My take is that having a full stadium does not really improve or help them to recruit younger players. So for them there isn't really an incentive to spend the money (advertising, sales staff, ect) that would be needed to increase their attendance. To me, it's an R&D effort for them. This isn't meant as a negative against the team/organization, just my observations. Again it seems like their goal for the team is to find and develop younger players and sell them on for a profit.