Why I like Palermo

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Lite, Nov 3, 2006.

1. LorenzoRosanero

LorenzoRosanero New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    There is a very good group of Palermo (english speaking) fans over at http://palermo.theoffside.com I would encourage those who are disappointed with the lack of involvement for our beloved rosanero here, to head over there and join the discussion, as well as frequent posts.

2. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Especially Sicily. Vikings had more influence than arabs, and neither left any longstanding legacy. No wonder in that picture that was posted Sicily is not even included.

But yeah, this crap only comes from racist nazi 'nordicists' with a huge inferiority complex towards the classic and early modern European cultures or black right activists in a pathetic attempt to demonstrate that they share roots with a part of the greatest civilization in the history of mankind :)cool: ).

3. _Catenaccio

_Catenaccio New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    simply because u palermo è miracoloso.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvjR_C9GlQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvjR_C9GlQ[/ame]

4. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lmfao what a video

5. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I will just say that I was quite impressed with the recent derby match that Palermo won as the crowd atmosphere was wonderful and love seeing a stadium that doesn't have a race track around it leaving everyone so far away from the pitch.

6. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I sure love how they can score some goals like they did 3 times today vs Roma!:)

8. OnTheWayOfDamascus

Oct 26, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjcf47y-zk"]YouTube- True Romance - 'So You're Sicilian huh?'[/ame][/quote]

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9k6t_ZPdJA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9k6t_ZPdJA[/ame]

9. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I like Palermo for the same reason why I like all of the teams I like except Peñarol. Because an Uruguayan plays there. I started following them with Cavani and now with Abel

10. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    They're pretty in pink. :)

11. AJG0013

AJG0013 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My family is from Marianopoli, Sicily. It's about 80 km southeast of Palermo.

My uncle and other family members were huge Palermo fans growing up. They introduced me to Palermo and they've been my favorite team ever since.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright Palermo fans, I have a question for you. As somebody who knows nothing about Palermo as a club, and nothing more about Sicily than it's an island in the Mediterranean, I have to ask you guys this. I was recently talking to an Italian, northern, who was trying to convince me that Palermo and Napoli were essentially owned by the Mafia and that is the only reason they finished 5th and 6th (I think that was their positions) in Serie A last year.

I'm not trying to start a ruckus or cause a fight, but I'm simply looking for some Palermo fans to set the record straight on whether this guy was just talking trash or if there is actually any truth to it. I was more than a bit skeptical when I heard it, but I don't know enough to say one way or the other.

Thanks for your help.

13. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a bunch of nonsense. Palermo is owned by a northern Italian businessman/supermarket magnate. Ironically, the teams that have been accused of doing stuff like buying off referees are usually northern.

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, that's too funny.

15. AJG0013

AJG0013 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Mafia isn't involved with Palermo's management. The Mafia used to have some say/connection with multiple teams in Serie A awhile ago, but they haven't had a legitimate word with Palermo or any other soccer program in a couple decades now. Last time I remember them being legitimately involved with any team was back before the Giovanni Falcone murder. Since then, Palermo (the entire city) and the rest of Italy has cracked down much more on Mafia relations with legitimate businesses/sports teams/corporations.

16. spiritof76

spiritof76 New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10 years ago my Aunt bought me some wine for x mas. It was from Cusumano Vineyards in Sicily. My last name is Cusumano. I looked into it and found out that thats where my family came from. The same town. So i had a connection. Ive been a Rosa Nero fan ever since. We have a 3 person supporter group in Philadelphia. hahahahha

17. Napoli Lorenzo

Jan 14, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    They gave us the gift of Cavani. :)

william6 repped this.
  18. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    new napoli supporter ? or did cavani7
    make a new account?

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He's gotta be new. Cavani7 has been around long enough to know that no one comes to the Palermo forum.

20. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    good more the better and wherevare the ********ing palermo fans i love the pink!

21. Napoli Lorenzo

Jan 14, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah I'm new. I just realised the date of the last post after i posted :S

22. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People come to the Palermo forum, but what's to talk about when we just sell players when they become good?

23. Napoli Lorenzo

Jan 14, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  24. LorenzoRosanero

Jul 11, 2010
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Palermo fans are active and present...just not on this site. There are some very good resources for the latest news and opinions on all things Rosanero at http://ultrapalermo.com or on Twitter @UltraPalermo

There's a pretty solid community. Check it out if you get the chance.

25. LorenzoRosanero

Jul 11, 2010
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo