Why haven't you joined a Galaxy Supporter's Group?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by howie1976, Apr 20, 2009.

1. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, just keepin' it mostly real.

tm
    lars

ps: you know how hard it's gonna be smuggling 10 gasmasks into MLS Cup 2009?

2. sabillonLA

sabillonLA New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    East Hollywood
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    http://angelcitybrigade.net/

visit our site and forums. The supporter groupd behind the goalpost is the ACB...

3. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do i go about joining a supporters group, dear me only in america, your not signing up for the waffen SS, you dont even have to have 2 arms and legs although it helps when clapping, just roll up to the section where any of the groups congregate during the match or pre-match, if you like it you will stick around if you dont you will move on, theres no satanic rights you have signed up to, its not a life changing decision,.... beam me up scotty.

4. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would join an GSG if I lived in the LA area. I would definatley love to be part of the LA RIOT SQUAD. I met them for the first time a couple years ago at a US vs Sweden friendly. I even pissed on their tree. A sacred rite. I will support LAG for the forseeable future since I have no team to support here in AZ. How do I support? I make sure my local bar does not change the channel when I am trying to watch the Galaxy beat up on whoever they are playing so some ahole can watch the world series of poker or some insignificant Brewers game. I know for a fact that I have caused several people in my local bar to become Galaxy fans. Some even know the difference between Donovan Ricketts and Landon Donovan. :D

5. torito19

torito19 New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    El Azteca
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think i have an idea :eek:

ha, anyway, i'll add my 2 cents to the thread..
    I've been assisting games since the Rose Bowl days, but I really wanted to be part of a supporter's group, it looked like a lot of fun watching it on tv (im a follower of the mexican league too)

so, cutting to the chase, I've been standing with LARS many times over the past 4 years, but i dont/cant make it to every single game..tuition is a monster..
    I've never had the opportunity to introduce myself personally, but LARS welcomes anyone who is willing to stand full 90..
    I've been keeping up with them on the boards for a while, although I dont have an account..
    but i do suggest giving LARS a try, I'll definitely be going to more games in the upcoming season (gonna save some money I get from financial aid ;))
    nothing against ACB, though..they're pretty cool guys

btw, im still 18, sorry tommy, cant hook you guys up with beer :D

6. Mike Gray

Mike Gray BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 17, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can smuggle 3-4 in my hair if you want.

:cool:

7. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I consider myself a LARS member don't participate as much as others in extracurricular activities but when I can manage to go I always go to 138 regardless of what my ticket says. Tommy snuck me in the last game I attended. You are as involved as you wanna be. As for me I get LARS the flags at cost so the money goes farther. It is my small contribution to the cause.

8. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike, you have an awesome fro. It's much more appreciated by the Galaxy (and ACB in particular), than your previous group (a prominent CHIVAS USA supporter group).

tm
    lars

9. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just wondering if any of the supporters group will be meeting somewhere for the viewing party. heard rumors that there will be a viewing party at HDC. please confirm.

10. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard the OCP. Your best bet is nursing a hangover in Quest field though.

11. the Faithful

the Faithful New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I've been a Galaxy fan for years but have always done things on my own. I have my flights and game tickets to the 2009 MLS Championship where we will raise the trophy for the 3rd time. I wanted to know what hotel everyone is staying in so that i can hook up with everybody out there and have a blast as we support our team. Me and my cousin are making the trip. Seats: CHR135

12. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bunch of ACB will be in the Best Western right next to Pioneer Square. The cautious plan for the moment is to meet up at Fado's Irish Pub around 5:00pm saturday afternoon.

13. UNION S.C.

UNION S.C. Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a STH and am not part of a supporters group even though I totally love them.

The reason you ask.........??

Its actually kind of petty, but I don't like their seat locations. I sit in section 113 and like the view. Is this wrong?

14. MOTORJOHN

MOTORJOHN New Member

Jun 19, 2008
    ULTRAS(acb)ANGELINOS
    Hell no! as long as you support the team, thats all that matters

15. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just meet all the Galaxy fans at the official "away pub" in Seattle: The Hawk's Nest.
    There will be drink specials running all day Sunday, including 3$ for select 16 oz. draught beers. From the Hawk’s Nest, we will organize a Galaxy march to the stadium including a stop by Occidental Park , the starting point of the official Sounders “March to the Match.”

Hawk’s Nest

1028 1st Ave South
    Seattle, WA 98134-1206
    (206) 381-8630
    Near the corner of 1st Ave South and South Royal Brougham Way (between Qwest and Safeco)

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

16. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly the same reason I havent joined. Big fan of the great job all of the SG's did this past season though.

Oh, and not totally related to this thread, but if one of the SG's can manage talk the front office into ensuring that the big "Our City, Our Home" banner is present at all home Super Classico games next season, THAT would be awesome.

17. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    done!:)

18. galaxy500

galaxy500 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would if I didn't have a herniated disc problem. Cant stand too long. Sucks because I love supporting all my LA teams.

19. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    hey i went to the cdaguila website and in their official website they have a chat, and an online community of aguiluchos where everybody has their own profile and connect with aguiluchos from all over the world.

i wonder if the la galaxy has something similar to it? interesting.

20. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would like to join a group. please let me know how many groups are there and how many supportsers are in each group. whcih has the non-violent fans?

21. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://angelcitybrigade.net/

Join the forums, introduce yourself, read through a couple of threads and see if we're a good fit for you. Our history is on there as well as our rules of conduct. As long as you stand and sing for 90 minutes you're good.

Cheers,

-Pox

P.S. None of the LA groups are violent.

22. Bubba1971

Bubba1971 Member+

Nov 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the groups are non-violent, but they all have a few folks who may mix it up. If anyone gets violent it's their own doing and has nothing to do with any group. That said...

The Galaxians are the oldest, and smallest, group. Because of their size they tend to be a tight knit group but will welcome a new member. They generally wear yellow and sit in general admission. They've been around as long as the team has and are well respected around the stadium. About 30 members.

The LA Riot Squad has been around for a number of years now and sit in section 138. If you don't mind some language and rowdiness this may be the spot for you. They tend to drink hard and sing loud. Creative chants. About 1000 members, but membership is informal so who knows. During the playoffs they fill three full sections, which is more than 1000.

Angel City Brigade is the newest, but largest group. They sit in GA and wear white. This is the group to join if you're interested in tifo displays. The ACB tends to jump and bounce quiet a bit, so if you're looking to be physically active there ya go. About 2,000 people (according to FB), but like LARS no one's really sure.

To sum it up I've heard it put this way:

Galaxians - PG13
    ACB - R
    LARS - NC17

The best thing to do IMHO is to buy a GA ticket and check out the groups. Walk around the stadium and sneak into the LARS section. Talk to people at the tailgate. You'll find someone who tickles your fancy so to speak.

23. NNE20

NNE20 New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is a great description. Good job.

24. Simi Valley Galaxian

Aug 6, 2011
    Simi Valley
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Galaxians - PG13

??????

Ha, we swear like troopers and drink like fish.
    Yeah, it's a small group these days, but all are welcome.
    Some of us bring our kids and you are more than welcome to bring yours.
    Be warned though, the language can be a bit "fresh" at times, but our kids have heard it all before and can swear in English and Spanish.

25. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LARS discovered cold fusion, but due to drinking, accidentally left the materials in a random Chuck E. Cheese parking lot and hence it was lost forever.

However, we hear some homeless dude can make his "Will Work for Food" sign out of pure titanium that he cuts with light from his eye sockets. Maybe it's coincidence.

Nevertheless, I personally recommend the ULTIMATE FAN ORGANIZATION (UFO).

http://www.lagalaxy.com/sites/default/files/ufo.gif

All their contact info is on the LA Galaxy website. At the games, they are ninjas.

Rev.Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad