Why has the US Open Cup become a Sub-Forum in Soccer in the USA section?

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by GIO17, Jan 4, 2006.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Mods. Please explain to me why you moved the US Open Cup section into the Soccer in the USA section please? To me it makes no sense.

2. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    It might be because it makes it easier to find. It also doesn't get play for the full year.

I would like to see real good under 19 youth teams enter because it is part of US Soccer history just to be in it.

3. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see. The Open Cup just ended in November. If you check the list of qualifying games I put up, you may have noticed that the 2006 qualifying games started in OCTOBER. So, for the three of us that follow it, it is indeed year-round.

:)

And I actually found it HARDER to find. I was like, what the F***? But I've been coming to this forum at the previous location for several years.

My main gripe is that the mods might've taken the time to get an opinion beforehand from us regulars.

IMHO, this buries the Open Cup, rather than highlights it. If we want it to get bigger, it should be up where it was.

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Agreed

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, it appears that only 2 of us agree, and only 3 read this forum when MLS isn't involved.

6. InWoodbridge

InWoodbridge Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of us check in regularly just to see what is happening. The move did make it harder to find. Maybe those who are new to the USOC will still be able to find it. I hope so, I like this tourney.

7. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make that four, and I agree as well, though, I subscribe to the forum, so I can find it wherever it goes.

8. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a while now I've thought someone had just started a thread on the USOC in the Soccer in the USA forum.

9. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    What you said. I am subscribed to the forum as well, but completely agree with the sentiment against the relegation of the Open Cup to second class status.

10. olujosh

olujosh Member

Aug 23, 1999
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give that a vote as well....

We're planning on expanding our open cup coverage on the site, so if everything goes well, we won't have to rely on this (buried) thread to get open cup info. Give us time to get our stuff together, and we'll be better than ever.

If anyone is interested in contributing to usopencup.com -- then email/IM/PM me.

11. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    this being a sub-forum is a good idea

it wasn't getting any attention where it was at... not that "soccer in the usa" one does either... but it does get more... and this is an interesting forum... especially compared to the crap that is the soccer in the usa one

12. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I just found out it was moved here.

13. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    i think they were trying to lose you

apparently that didn't work

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    For the record, I care tambien.

15. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Yeah, there are more people than you'd think who browse this forum late in the year. I don't post anything because I have no special sources for information unlike you fellas. It's a great asset to have, and I apreciate it.

16. j_benz222

j_benz222 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    yeah totally. start a new topic Mr/Ms. Mods!!