Why even play the game anymore ......

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by vancity eagle, Jun 6, 2019.

1. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    #1 vancity eagle, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    why not just line up 2 teams from the start and have a penalty shootout.

After all that seems to be the farce that is becomming football.

I am really starting to think that this VAR is actually a horrible thing. You would think that penalties would be analyzed properly and only given if it is clear, but it seems that any slight contact in the box, any handball, even if unintentional and not even blocking a chance will be awarded a penalty.

I complained about this at the world cup last summer. This champions league final was ruined in the first minute of the match (and I was going for Liverpool by the way), there have been so many soft penalties in the U20 WC, and that penalty dive yesterday by Zuber of Switzerland was disgraceful.

Why play the game anymore ? The game doesn't even matter.

Lets just turn football into a penalty shooting competition, at least then there will be no confusion about it.

This sport is being absolutely ruined, the rules need to change because I am losing interest.

Frankly I would rather we miss a legit penalty than a false one be awarded.

I dont even care if defenders are getting more skillfull at taking down players and making it look like they aren't doing much. I WANT PK CALLS TO BE CLEAR FOR HEAVENS SAKE.

If its not clear, if a handball is not intentional, if it doesn't stop a clear chance, DONT CALL A PK.

Play the fricking game and let a team earn their victory.