Why doesn't Honduras qualify to World Cup?

Discussion in 'Central America' started by LaVltraFiel, Jun 8, 2006.

1. LaVltraFiel

LaVltraFiel New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Indiana, Usa
    I think we have the best players in Central America, but the worst Federation,,If we want to go to South Africa, we have to start today, not tomorrow.

2. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Re: Why does Honduras doesn't qualify to World Cup?

Yea Corruption really messes up Honduras

3. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

better than Costa Rica?

4. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Yea..... do u see any CR players signing with Big teams in Europe

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

true but the real reason why is here:

+ poor Coach selection: i mean they gave the job to a former player with no experience even at the club level they kinda of set them selves up for this one when they scared the serb away. now no decent coach wants to be in Honduras

+ to much emphasis on individual play rather that team unity. for example players in hionduras think like this "we have 4 player in europe were the best in the concacaf, but we won't pass the ball, because they want all the glory for ourselves"

if they would put the best team together instead of the best 11 they would go reallt far.

+Amado Guevera" drama queen"

2010 will be diffucult with teams like Guatemala hiring a real WC coach " el bollio"gomez(colombia FR98 & Ecuador J/K2002) and returing with most if thier base intact, jamaica using a complete cycle to devolp a new young side, and other teams getting better out of the woodworks .

good luck but the place to start is hiring a coach who wants to change honduras all around instead of waiting 2 years from now and relying on Suazo.

6. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

ummmmm no but i do see them qualifying for the world cup time after time:D

so im guessing all those awsome players going to Europe you have arent doing u too much good are they now?:rolleyes:

7. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Yea soo much for Bench Borgetti ..... i hear he scores his goals for the reserves.

and GuateFC im tired of you saying how great guate is and yet have nothing to show for it. In one qualifying campaign you guys think are on top of the WCQ 2010, you guys couldnt even beat Jamaica on 2 occasions this year, even with your precious Pescadito and on top of that you couldnt even beat USA B team. Yea keep bragging about your new coach, i guess that the only good thing Guate has.

8. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

typical.....you feel stupid so you start attacking......its all good hes in the WC and im sitting here with my coke and chips ready to watch MY NATIONAL TEAM play in germany:D :p :cool: have fun playing with urself......IM OUT

9. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006

Que honda paisano, well its very frustrating to not see Honduras on the big stage. Honduras usually always has the most players playing over seas in the CONCACAF yet we still cant qualify to a world cup. We got a great player like DAVID SUAZO who come by once every 20 something years or so for Honduras. I really think it starts with the federation, there is way to much corruption and we are always unorganized. We had our big chance last time when we had Bora but we let him walk. I think we need someone who will work with honesty on and off the field also we need people that have experience in this.

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

nope, but i do see'em playing the world cup :D
    Wanchope will get an europpean contract after the WC, that's for sure :)

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

MoRado, could you change the thread title??? It annoys me everytime I see it. :rolleyes:

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

sure it does, i hope my hondubuddy doesn't get mad at me again. I am really afraid of him :D :rolleyes:

13. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Isnt he like 30 or 31 ..... i think Solis got a better chance going to Europe.

14. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    when honduras starts getting organized by a real coach and play like a team then Honduras will be a team

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Honduras es como Perú, pero de centroamérica, pueden tener buenos jugadores en el extranjero, pero como equipo no juegan bien. :rolleyes:

16. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    the only thing Honduras needs is this

1) New Players
    2) New Coach
    3) New Federation

thats it, simple!!!:eek:

17. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Honduras to the next WC?

They don´t even qualify to the youth world cups (U-17 & U-20), and when they have done a few times they get spanked hard.

18. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    exactamente

19. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Stupid CR talking ...... hey you know that after this cup, you gonna go back to the dark ages. Costa rica wont be in South Africa , so enjoy this WC because in 4 years you gonna be watching us in South Africa.

As for Guatemala , if we are Peru then you must be Venenzuela.

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

I would say Bolivia instead of Venezuela :D

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    funny thing is we beat all those teams including.......uuuuuuummmmm

oh yeah Honduras...........

were more like Chile Morado!

22. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    I have a question, where is Honduras money for the goal proyect? In Callejas & Hawitt personal savings account?

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    ok, chile is cool guate

And who are we? I'd love to say Argentina or Brazil, but that will make everybody laugh, so, maybe we are like paraguay :confused:

24. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Yea most likely....... even the Honduran President is denouncing Callejas saying:

La Tribuna 11 de Junio

el Presidente de Honduras, José Manuel Zelaya Rosales, aseguró que llevará a Honduras al próximo Campeonato Mundial que se realizará el 2010 en Sudáfrica. "Yo no seré como Callejas (Rafael Leonardo, presidente de la Federación de Fútbol) que dijo que llevaría a la selección a Alemania y fue él quien fue solo".

Dijo que dará todo el apoyo para que el fútbol nacional pueda volver a una Copa del Mundo. Aunque no sabía dónde se disputará la próxima justa mundialista, prometió que Honduras estará presente en el país africano.

Además expresó que a pesar de perder 4-2 ante Alemania, Costa Rica defendió el honor de la región centroamericana en el partido inaugural. El presidente Zelaya, suspendió el viernes las actividades en Casa de Gobierno para presenciar la ceremonia de inauguración del Mundial y el juego entre teutones y ticos, junto a periodistas y algunos cercanos colaboradores.

Agregó que está satisfecho con la actuación de los costarricenses, ya que pusieron ganas para representar con dignidad el fútbol centroamericano.

http://www.latribunahon.com/101837.html

So as you can see the even politics will play in the Qualifiers in 2010. If the President backs up the Federation,stop corruption, and puts more money in Youth development...... we will be the major contenders for 2010.

25. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Well, they can talk and promise the world, but taking it into action is something I got to see.