Why does Zarqawi sound like my Democrat friends??

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Dammit!, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

How about my version ?

2. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you. I don't think georgeplmr is really calling any folks of the liberal persuasion terrorists. I just think he was trying to use an over the top example to emphasize a point...

...The point being that, as the originator of this thread states, no one is saying those on the left are terrorists. However they sure do a heck of job at giving Zarqawi some talking points. The Quran down the toilet lie, for one was great. I'm sure our boys looking for insurgents in Baghdad would love to personally thank whoever started that one (as well as the above mentioned ba$tard propagating it).

...cue DJPoopypants, Mel Brennan and Revolt.... ;)

3. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    The entire premise of this thread is offensive.

I'm not surprised that a reactionary fascist neo-Nazi Republican started it.

:D

5. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering all the reports of Koran "misuse" in Gitmo that came out following the flushing story, maybe those aggrieved soldiers in Iraq should start by having a few words with their compatriots at Guantanamo.

It's also not as if the insurgents needed any motivation after Abu Ghraib. But of course, it was those dastardly liberals who caused Abu Ghraib. Sure it was. Oh, wait. It was all the fault of that criminal mastermind Lyndee England. :rolleyes:

At any rate, this latest attempt to link "liberals" with "terrorists" is just lame.

If you want to play that game, here's a scenario for you: The American Right needs an enemy to scare people with and give them an excuse for their domestic anti-democracy agenda and to keep the faithful stoked and active as well as distracting people from other probably unpopular actions. After all, as Vince McMahon can tell you, you can't have a Good Guy without also having a Bad Guy. With the collapse of the Soviets and their client states and with China having moved from Stalinism to its current capitalism/fascism hybrid and therefore looming as an indispensible trading partner, credible enemies are in short supply. But wait, there's radical Islam. Islam makes a great enemy because not only is there a political dimension but a vital religious antagionism as well. Plus they "wear towels on their heads" and have "funny" names. Finally, for icing on the cake, they still pick on the poor Israelis, they once screwed us over in still-bitterly-remembered the oil embargo and even humiliated us with the hostage crisis. Why, they're damn near perfect enemies!

So, how does the American Right make sure that they stay useful enemies? Why, invade the place and stir them up, of course. Invading Iraq had been one of Bush's campaign platforms well before 9/11 gave him his excuse to do so. You also need to have a few "incidents" like Abu Ghraib happen to keep the Muslim pot stirring (but, and this is very important!, not too many "incidents" so we don't lose our Good Guy label). Letting arch-terrorist bin Laden get away so he can serve as a boogie man would prove quite useful as well. As an added bonus the Dear Leader can score megapoints with his Tom Clancy-adoring fanboys by looking all macho parading around an aircraft carrier in a Top Gun flightsuit and mouthing the usual platitudes about "sacrifice" and "staying the course against evil" blah blah blah you know the speeches by heart. So the Bush administration helps the terrorists by playing into their hands in order to reap the rewards of power granted to them by a frightened populace and an activated fan base.

So, are liberals trying to help Zaqwari? Sure they are! They hate America!

But you only get to say (or heavily imply) that if you also say this:

Are conservatives trying to help Zaqwari? Sure they are! They want to preserve their power at all cost!

6. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are you and what have you done with Michael Moore?

7. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound

so... uh... did you actually read my post? 'Cause I think you're accusing me of saying exactly the opposite of what I actually said, which is pretty silly. Here's a link: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5415779&postcount=42

8. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Thanks. Level headed replies are better than head leveling replies.

I consider that question about "will" to be answered by the basic American civics class. If the Afghani people want tribal rule, they just have to vote it in. If they want strict Islamic law, they just have to vote it in. In a democracy, one can vote in anything, even communisim.

I see the real question not to be if democracy is something they want but if thye are willing to fight for it. Of course the majority of Afghanis want the majority's wish to be law. But that doesn't matter if they won't fight for it.

9. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I don't know, why don't you start a search party for him?

You can start with my ignore list.

10. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl Rove paid me to keep him locked in my basement so he doesn't wake up any more sheeple. Bush, Rice and Cheney are safe unless I run out of Twinkies.

11. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't believe you until you mentioned the Twinkies. Is Mr Moore teaching you about the "vast right wing conspiracy"?

12. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Here's part of the latest (they guess) statement from the (I thought he was dead) Zarqawi.

Doesn't really sound like a Democrat to me.

Maybe if he said,
    So no, they don't sound the same.

13. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but I am learning how to sneak quietly up to the my basement door, open it, throw in a couple boxes of Ho-Hos and get the door closed before he can get up the stairs. If Bush has to start drafting people to fight in the war he lied to start, those could become very useful skills.

14. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    I found more quotes from his latest press release,

The "spiteful Shi'ites"..........

15. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously, Zarqawi is wrong. The mercenaries that Bush needed to hire because there weren't enough of the Willing in our Coalition and private companies have hired because the Iraqis did not welcome us with roses may outnumber British troops and be the second largest military force in Iraq but they are certainly not Iraqis.

http://www.faoa.org/journal/newmerc3.html

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20040416-060438-4847r

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3590887.stm

So, the Ridiculous Right here foams at the mouth about all the "foreigners" who, they say, supposedly make up the majority of the Iraqi resistance when the U.S. that has had to import foreign mercenary troops. Interesting.

16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, change "mujahideen" to "our troops" and Zarqawi sounds like a card-carrying American Right-winger.

17. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh... Now I know why no one has posted on this thread in a few days. You managed to say something so ignorant that your lefty friends couldn't possibly hope to defend, so they all just abandoned the thread...That's funny.

18. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Man, actually it's your post made me laugh! It's funny!

19. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    To get this thread back on topic.

What or who writes under the Damonesquire pseudonym ?

20. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

Ahh my fellow citizen of the Dar al-Harb, you have much to learn