Why does Zarqawi sound like my Democrat friends??

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Dammit!, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Does Zarqawi get his cues from my liberal-leaning friends?

I don't know if this should bother me. I'm sure Zarqawi just gets his cues from the US media, but there's just something irritating about this. Don't parrot my friends Zarqawi! You are a psycho/barbarian/worm. They are just confused.

Zarqawi statement:

"Zarqawi says the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq was unjust and calls President Bush an idiot for announcing an end to combat in May 2003. He says that the war has just started and implies that the goal of the US is to humiliate Muslims and to obliterate the rituals of the religion."

So, he's got the "mission accomplished" banner thing, the WMD thing, and now the Gitmo thing with the Koran, etc.

It's all the things my friends say when we debate. Should this bother me? Has MoveOn.org checked their membership lists?

2. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    zarqawi and the american left have something else in common: abject hatred for the american military.

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's right about the dumbass "Mission Accomplished" banner, but the rest is just a load.

That's the most idiotic comment I've seen since a certain president of a certain country hung a certain banner on an aircraft carrier that said "Mission Accomplished."

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's playing to American popular opinion, and maybe also trying to convince his own followers that they're winning the propaganda/psychological war.

You're putting the cart in front of the horse.

5. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa

the far left DOES NOT hate the military? the far left hates the military on general principle, and you know it. i've seen the peacenik websites with their "pentagon is americfa's killing machine" drivel. the whole lot of them should be rounded up and sent "away."

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No. You won't see his name in the Moveon.org membership list. I am sure Zarqawi hates the leftist extremists and thinks they are a bunch of infidel heathens who should all be killed along with the Christians and the Jews.

But I also think he is very aware and appreciative of their role in attempting to sabotage the efforts of the United States in Iraq.

7. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Breaking this down...

1. US-led invasion of Iraq was unjust.
    2. President Bush is an idiot.
    3. The war has just started.
    4. The goal of the US is to humiliate Muslims and obliterate the rituals of the religion.

You are attributing each of these to liberals?

1. The alternative is as follows: The US-led invasion of Iraq was just. I think most liberals will go with Zarqawi on that one. Point Dammit!

2. The alternative: President Bush is a genius. Point Dammit!

3. The war has just started. I would say that is closer to beginning than ending. It's unfortunate, but I can see no end in sight. I don't think it's the beginning. I remember the beginning. I remember the claim of "Mission Accomplished." I thought seriously about #2 at that time. Point Nobody.

4. The goal of the US is not the humiliation of the Muslims and their ways. It's obviously just one of the tactics. It's ridiculous that you would attribute these sentiments to liberals. Point Left.

It's horrible... just awful that this war was so horribly planned. The administration will always be justified in their war because they change the reasons for the invasion as they see fit.

Winner: Nobody.

I don't know you. I don't know your age. I don't know your situation... but if you think this war is so just... go fight in it and quit sending other people's children.

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And some right wing nut jobs will read the bible while going on a shooting rampage. Both sides have nutjobs that don't express the views of the others.

They should do the same thing to idiots.

Say "buh bye" Pat.

9. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumbest thread ever. Do I really have to go and find right-wing quotes that sound eerily like the Islamofacists? But what else can we expect from Patrickdms sock puppet?

10. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but that's a big load of crap. Do you have ANY evidence to support this?

11. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Perhaps you have a point about far left wackos. But they are a miniscule minority of the american left.

Hmmm...so the pentagon and our military isn't? For some reason I thought they were the "machine" that kills america's enemies. But then again, maybe I have it all wrong, and they hold charity fundraisers and bake sales and throw keg parties for islamic terrorists.

Good idea Fidelinho. Or Saddam Jr. Do you have a nice woodchipper you'd like to donate to the effort?

Exactly where on the "they hate america's freedoms" side do you stand again?

12. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods:

For accuracy's sake, please change the thread title to "Why does Zarqawi sound like the straw man version of Democrats that I've created in my own tiny brain?" Thanks!

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How do you propose that I provide evidence to support a sentence that begins with 'I think...' Do you want a sample of my brain? :D

Seriously, If you ask me to elaborate on my thoughts, I can do that.

I think that Zarqawi and the leaders of the Iraqi insurgency, (whether they are members of the former priviledged groups under the Hussein regime, or religious hate-manipulators who get power from brainwashing religious fanatics), are very aware of the fact that the US is a divided country and they do get encouraged when they see that the American left uses their actions as propaganda against the effort in Iraq. I think that one of the things which keep them going, which keeps them wanting to kill Iraqis and spread bloodshed is the fact that they see how it plays favorably for them in the west.

I believe that if the USA and the West would be united in their effort to solve the Iraqi problem it would be a huge blow to the insurgency, and it would really hurt their morale. I believe these people are counting on the fact that if they cause enough damage they can count on leftist forces to help sabotage the resolve of the US and the West.

Bin Laden himself has said in the past that he questions American resolve, and that when faced with dificulties America will give up. I don't know Zarqawi's mind, but it is not a stretch that he thinks likewise. Do you really think that he is not aware of how his actions play in the United States? Do you really think that he does not consider it when planning his murderous strategies?

14. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    If this is the dumbest thread ever, and you have posted in it more than anyone else, what does that say about you?

hmm....

Anyways, after reading some of non-revolting posts here, I agree that it's Zarqawi parroting the media (I think I said that earlier).

It makes sense that he would "support" the opposition to Bush.

I would guess that if a Dem wins in 2008, Zarqawi would parrot the opposition to the Dem.

Maybe what I was getting at is that the rhetoric has been out of control and needs to be reigned in.

When Zarqawi takes his talking points from American citizens... well, it just seems wrong.

I mean, it's kinda old-fashioned, but can't the more "intense" discussions be kept behind closed doors? (sigh, yes, I know, impossible).

I mean, these comments< I believe, are helping the enemy. Or, if you don't think they are the enemy, they are certainly not helping the troops. If the US media/certain politicians weren't so crazy in making "points" or whatever, (see Newsweek), our "position" in the world would not be so bad. At least, it doesn't help. That Koran story was crazy. We have Congresspeople saying, essentially, that we are worse than Saddam. I mean, tone it down people. I generally have one thing on my mind when thinking Iraq, and that is the troops.

You might be against the war, but now that we are there, why are we trying to shoot ourselves in the foot? To sell more magazines? To get re-elected. Where are our priorities?

I mean, we can spout off here all we want, but other, more prominent-type people need to pull the crap in. This is getting ridiculous. The troops are there. Get over it and get your head out of your arse. (not you guys, but the "newsmakers".

(finished rambling)

15. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well not to be picky but banner is truth. There are several steps to a war campaign and Department of Navy carry out end of agreement. I sense. That credit reports, which employs a handful; plays toll here. I mean. Can you get report at bank? Last time I check. You could.

16. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    How Damon doesn't have the most rep of anyone on BS is beyond me. Once again, I have to spread it around before giving more to Damon.

17. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how I used to feel before I found out that he's a fake.

It's all babelfish.

18. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

I'm heatbroken, especially since I found some poetry of his online. Who is the one who discovered the wizard behind the curtain?

19. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Why does the media report nothing but bad news about Chivas USA?

Why do fans keep sabotaging Chivas USA?

Why don't we hear more about the good things Chivas USA are doing?

Why don't Chivas USA-haters come up with ways to make the team better, instead of constantly criticizing, and making fun of Vergara's "permanent champions" promise?

(Jesus, I'm so in love with this Iraq=Chivas USA metaphor, I'm going to go to Vermont and marry it. I'm going to milk this thing until it squeaks.)

20. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    No. Just abject hatred for dumbasses who post inflammatory **************** like this.

I'll trade you DD-214s, chickensh!t.

Oh, wait.

21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't believe that that is it, or at least exclusivly it. I tried to simulate the effect myself through many different filters, and I got nothing like DamonEsquire's output. DamonEsquire's posts are not a matter of stilted dialog or bad grammer or unusual word choice; his writing is far more poetic than that.

22. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How old are you, and have you served?

23. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It doesn't matter if he served or not. It is imply the most abjectly stupid thing he could possibly say in the context of this thread. He has created a world view for himself that is totally incapable of explaining or predicting the motives and actions of people in the real world, but instead to serve some sort of personal emotional need.

24. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    i was in the army at fort carson and in manheim, germany in the late 80s. anyway, he left needs to answer this: why is the rank and file of the military so totally conservative thinking if the left loves the military? i can assure you that wehen i was in the culture was very conservative. the left was despised, and rightfully so. tghere were many vietnam vets still in, you get the picture. they blamed the left for giving aid and comfort to the communist enemy.

25. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they military wants to hate me because I want them to stay alive, then fine. Let them hate me.