Why does Michael Moore wear a Michigan State cap?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Catfish, Apr 15, 2006.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    But apparently UGA wannabes have a better dental plan.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, first he'd try to eat it. But hey, he might try to wear it too, you never know.

3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    And as any Seton Hall fan will tell you, MU doesn't even have 1.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we all know how much of a "blue collar" kind of guy Moore is.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, they're pretty bad themselves, but I think the worst of the Tiders are worse- probably only because they have more to brag about long-term. The Georgia bunch comes off more as nouveau (R)ich(t) :D IMO.

But I suspect this could happen anyplace where football is bigger than everything else. Nationally, only a couple of other programs have the same (USC) or greater (Notre Dame) tradition as Alabama, and my guess is that their worst fans are tempered by the fact that both schools are great institutions aside from football, and one of the two benefits from being in a major city to boot.

Not bashing UGA at all- I enjoyed my time in Athens. I was constantly hyperaware of my minority status, but that really wasn't because of White people. It was because there just weren't many Black folks taking advantage of the five or six-block cultural oasis downtown.

6. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    many people I knew who attended U of M acknowledge it is a great school, but won't support it.
    all who went to MSU were ardent supporters.
    and if I remember correctly, it was a pretty even 50/50 split amongst parents I knew and kids I graduated with.

7. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you forget the fact that Michigan has one of the top swimming programs in the country and the #1 softball team, one of the top field hockey teams iirc and a solid women's soccer program. (fyi, I hate the wolverines, but just had to point that out).